Quantcast Where to stay near St. Pete's?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Where to stay near St. Pete's?

We're headed down in June and planning to spend two days at the beach before moving on to WDW. I've been back and forth, and back and forth, and... to decide which beach to go to, but I think I've chosen St. Pete's. Now where to stay?
    The plan is to arrive on Friday morning, spend the night, and then move on to Disney Saturday evening. Where is a good, cheap but quality, hotel where a family with young kids could stay? Any recommendations? DH wants to be on the beach most of the two days, so I'm not looking for a resort or B&B. I'm really just looking for somewhere clean and comfy, where we can wash off the salt and sand.
    Susan °o°

You cheated.
    Pirate.

8/98 CBR; 10/00 ASM; 11/01 POR; 7/07 POR; 10/09 ASM; 10/10 Pop; 6/12 ASM; 12/13 ASM; 6/14 FWC; 7/15 FWC; 12/16 2 weeks at FWC!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

We added a beach trip onto our last Disney adventure and stayed at the Grand Plaza St Pete Beach Hotel & Beach Resort.

It was reasonably priced and so wonderful!
    July 2012 ~ Mariott's Grand Vista and Disney Dolphin; 2008 ~ Beach Club; 2004 ~Horizons by Marriott; 2004 ~Horizons by Marriott; 2001 ~Marriott Cypress Harbor; 1999 ~Wilderness Lodge; 1993 ~Dixie Landings; 1983 ~Polynesian; 1979 ~Contemporary; 1973 ~Polynesian

Post Thanks / Like

I have only stayed at the Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay. The hotel was nice and had a lot of transportation options and such, but the roadways to get to it were confusing, and they failed to tell us that the hotel was under construction when we called to make our reservations (this was just recently in March) so we checked in on Saturday about 1 and the hammering, jack hammering, and other construction noises made a nap impossible. This continued right up until 6:30 pm, and started up Again Sunday morning at 8:00 am! We were not happy.

They did let us use the pool and jacuzzi at 3 am even though the pool was well closed by that time. they had a nice nature walk out over the bay. But I don't think we will ever stay there again.
    șoș Lizzy șoș

I am only one; but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something. I will not refuse to do the something I can do. --Helen Keller

Former VMK: dizzylizzy

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: