Quantcast 2 points for that kind of service??

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down 2 points for that kind of service??

We recently got back from our annual spring trip and I can safely say it will be several years before we give Le Cellier another go. I absolutely understand why they made this super-popular restaurant a 2-pointer, but I think maybe what they forgot about was the service that goes along with that kind of a price tag. The food was pretty good - but we had a terrible time finding our server, getting our food, and asking any questions while we were there. Our whole family (there were 7 of us) was an exhausted and frustrated mess by the time we left. Definitely definitely not kid friendly.

I would like to note here that this was previously one of our must-do's at WDW. But good heavens not for 2 points.to put this in the same category as Narcoosee's or CA Grille is far fetched.
    PinKy
    Upcoming trips: July 2021 Big Family trip to Disney!
    Most Recent Trip: October 2020 MNSSHP Family Weekend away!
    DVC Members since 2009

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

That stinks! Our last trip to Le Cellier, we hadd one of the best servers we have everr had, in or outside of WDW.
    Meg

40 trips (plus two to Disneyland, and one to Disneyland Paris) and counting!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm thinking the biggest reason for it being 2TS is because of its popularity.

It's way too cramped in there, and unless they have a server shift change and the better servers work dinner, this should be expected.

I can't imagine quality of meat can justify doubling the price. No way, no how...

Post Thanks / Like

Le Cellier is not one of my favorites. We had service issues when we were there as well, but it wasn't a Signature experience then. Maybe consider lunch next time? It's still 1 credit for lunch, and looks as good as dinner.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

If there is one common theme I see again and again, it is this:

Service suffers when it is a large party.

I have experienced this same phenomena...even at restaurants I have had great success with when our party was smaller.
    I don't know exactly why this is. Is it the fact that when they see kids in the group, they assume the tip will be smaller? Is the space too cramped for good large-group service?

It is a mystery.
    1975 & 1977 - Summer - Disneyland
    1991 April - WDW
    1993 April - WDW
    2006 June - Saratoga Springs
    2007 July – Saratoga Springs
    2010 February - Caribbean Beach Resort
    2010 October – AKL Jambo
    2011 July - Old Key West
    2013 October - OKW
    2015 September - AKL Jambo
    2016 September - AKL Jambo

Post Thanks / Like

While I've not really had a bad experience at LeCellier and I do like their food, it's definitely not a place I would spend two credits on. Or eat dinner at, even, with the increased prices. No way it is on par with the other Signature restaurants. I'll stick with just eating lunch there.
    °O° Ria°O°

"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." ~Walt Disney

First trip: 11/05-Pop
    Next trip(s): 9/12-CSR, 10/12-ASM & Swan,
    11/12-Swan & YC
    Pop x 4
    CBR x 1
    POFQ x 2
    Poly x 1
    WL x 1
    AKL x 2
    SOG x 3

Post Thanks / Like

When they changed it from a 1 TS credit to 2 for dinner, I immediately put Le Cellier in the lunch group. Le Cellier is one of the only 2 places (the other being Kouuzina's) I had a truely very bad meal and terrible service.
    I also tend to agree with the poster that mentioned the fact that you are more likely to get bad service for large parties. With Disney's policy of a required automatic 18% tip on parties of 6 or more I feel many servers don't feel they really have to play their A game for the payoff.
    KAY

DVC MEMBER - OKW & HHI
    First trip to WDW - Dec, 2005
    Last visit to Disneyland - 2014

First trip to Disneyland - 1955

Post Thanks / Like

I have always felt that LeCellier was Over-Rated. Not bad, but thought of by many as better than it actually is. Quite frankly, I can get better steak at local chain steakhouses (but to be fair, the same can be said of the food at a lot of WDW restaurants). I never understood why it was so hard to get an ADR for LeCellier. It's reputation outstripped it's actual quality. We tried it, it was OK, but we were not as impressed as we expected to be based on it's reputation. Now, it's been there, done that, no desire to go back.
    1971 (age 15) MK was new!
    1974 off-site (Senior Trip)
    1982 off-site
    1988 off-site
    May 2002 AS-Sports, with DW & kids
    May 2004 Pop Century
    Feb 2005 Wilderness Lodge
    Oct 2006 Pop Century
    Oct 2008 Camped at Fort Wilderness
    Feb 2010 Cruise on the Wonder
    Dec 2014 POFQ for Christmas!

BelleBeauty Guest

I think it is an issue of service because of the DDP property wide. We tried CA Grill on our last trip and there were only 2 of us. While we got a fantastic seat, we were shoved in less than 3 feet from another table and we felt the service was a bit lacking (not to mention the room was bright and loud). With so many people doing DDP and booking sit down meals, I think they've pretty much destroyed the idea of a romantic meal with great service except for V&A's.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so sorry you had a bad experience! My husband and I noticed a marked difference in service (not just at Le Cellier, but at most restaurants) this past May depending on party size/composition. Unless it was a character meal - when it was just the 2 of us we had great service - 4 adults mediocre service, and when it was all 6 adults and a 2 year old - we had the worst service of all... unfortunate!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Terrible Service, On TiW, Tip Removed

I agree 100% about LeCelliar. We were only 4 and 45 minutes after seating, we still did not have water or anything on our table. The server was horrible and we are on TiW, so for the first time I told the manager, at the 45 minut mark, that I wanted the automatic tip removed. The steaks were incredible, as they always are, but the service is well below Disney standards. It will be a long time before we go back, there are too many other excellent dining opportunities. I think they are reading too many of their "press clippings" and have become lax.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheDuckRocks View Post
    When they changed it from a 1 TS credit to 2 for dinner, I immediately put Le Cellier in the lunch group. Le Cellier is one of the only 2 places (the other being Kouuzina's) I had a truely very bad meal and terrible service.
    I also tend to agree with the poster that mentioned the fact that you are more likely to get bad service for large parties. With Disney's policy of a required automatic 18% tip on parties of 6 or more I feel many servers don't feel they really have to play their A game for the payoff.

I think with the automatic tip they feel they will get a big tip in the end regardless. Shame for them because I don't usually tip less than 20% , however if there is a lack of effort I will not add an additional tip to the required 18%. Or if it is really bad I will ask mgr to remove it.

I hate I think that this is the case because having been a server in my past life I never felt this way or worked with others that did either (that I was aware of).

I am disappointed to hear of the poor service at le cellier, it is on our list to try next time. We had really bad service during our last trip at Kouzzina.Now I fear le cellier may be the same.
    Mar'14 DCL..Nov '13 POP..Jan '13 CBR..Mar'12 Swan/Dolphin..Nov '11 Universal/legoland, one night @ WDW..Oct '10 POP..April '09 Swan/Dolphin..Jan '09 AKL..Apr'08 offsite..Jan/Feb '08 offsite..Dec '08 HiltonHeadResort..Oct '07 Pop.. July '07 VB..May '07 DCL.Oct '06 FtWcabins.May '06 POP.Jan '06 POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

I thought the Dining plans were causal. When the prices are fixed and do not relate to the cost of business, the business will have to cut a lot of corners. Can anyone out there to correct my guess?
    Boardwalk
    Animal Kingdom Jambo
    Coronado Springs
    POP
    POP
    POP
    POP
    Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

I agree that Le Celier will be a lunch choice for us as well.
    Too many trips to count!
    Disneyland!
    DisneyWorld!
    Disneyland Paris!
    Coming soon Tokyo!
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE

I have stayed at: All Star Movies, All Star Music, Pop Century, Art of Animation, Port Orleans Riverside, Caribbean Beach Resort, Saratoga Springs Resort

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with everyone! What a good idea to switch it to a lunch - maybe we'll do that. Also agree about the large party. Not much to be done about that for us unfortunately except maybe hit the buffets?
    PinKy
    Upcoming trips: July 2021 Big Family trip to Disney!
    Most Recent Trip: October 2020 MNSSHP Family Weekend away!
    DVC Members since 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, I do believe there is a set reimbursement for a TS credit, CS credit, etc. it would be up to each restaurant to provide a meal within that reimbursement otherwise lose money.

That is exactly why I think dining has gone way down hill in recent years. As a cash customer, I would rather have a nice steak (filet) but sadly it is not offered bar a few "exclusive" locations. Surf and Turf? Yeah right!

Altering the menus was easy, now they are onto the hard ways of squeezing money from a stone. Appetizers and tip were next to go.

What's next you ask? Is it unreasonable that they might be cutting staff putting more tables per waiter? I don't think that's a stretch.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sorry your service was subpar and took away from the food. I know we have some never returns on our list not because of the food but because of the service.

We were fortunate to have a wonderfully energetic server when we had dinner there in November. We had a 415P ressie and it was not crowded. Our meal was wonderful, especially the appetizers. Paid OOP and thought the food was on par with the other 2TS we ate at during that trip.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyRox View Post
    Yes, I do believe there is a set reimbursement for a TS credit, CS credit, etc. it would be up to each restaurant to provide a meal within that reimbursement otherwise lose money.

That is exactly why I think dining has gone way down hill in recent years. As a cash customer, I would rather have a nice steak (filet) but sadly it is not offered bar a few "exclusive" locations. Surf and Turf? Yeah right!

Altering the menus was easy, now they are onto the hard ways of squeezing money from a stone. Appetizers and tip were next to go.

What's next you ask? Is it unreasonable that they might be cutting staff putting more tables per waiter? I don't think that's a stretch.
    Well said
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

Have not eaten there in years-though the food was good, didn't like the atmosphere and the service was bad. I will stick to Cal. grill, BrownDerby and other favorites.
    We'll Go On....Off To Neverland

Wishes!

It's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow....Where Dreams Really Do Come True

Never Forget It was All Started By A Mouse....TTFN

Post Thanks / Like

We have been to LE Cellier once and only once.

The entire experience was so bad, from the food to the service...it truly was the most horrible dining experience we have ever had at WDW. Actually.... anywhere... ever!

The only good think to come out of the experience is I was able to get the ENTIRE meal... Over $300...comped.
    May/1999....CBR - Jamaica
    May/1995....CBR - Martinique
    May/1998....Wilderness Lodge
    June/2002...Wilderness Lodge
    June/2005...Wilderness Lodge
    Aug/2007....Wilderness Lodge
    June/2010...Wilderness Lodge CL
    July/2013 ...Wilderness Lodge CL Celebrating Our 25th Anniv.!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: