Quantcast POR Alligator Bayou Renovated Room Pictures?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default POR Alligator Bayou Renovated Room Pictures?

Does anyone have any pictures of the new rooms in the Alligator Bayou section they would like to share? We'll be staying in a preferred room at the end of June so I'm not sure if the room we get will even be done yet but I;m hoping
    77-85:Day Trips at Easter
    88:Fort Wilderness
    91:Swan(Honeymoon)
    99:Wilderness Lodge
    00:Caribbean Beach
    02:POR
    03:Coronado Springs/Polynesian
    04:POR/Polynesian
    06:POR
    07:POR
    08:POR
    09:Polynesian

12:POR
    14:POR

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I will send you a private message with a web site that has some current photos.
    Itchy for another trip

Caribbean Beach 1989, 90, 92
    All St Movies 1999, 04, 05, 11
    All St Sports 2006
    Pop 2007, 08 x2, 09 x2, 10, 12 x2,13,14,15,16,17,18,2021,23
    POR 2010 x2, 11
    Coronado Springs 2019

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Itchy View Post
    I will send you a private message with a web site that has some current photos.
    Can you PM those to me too? We're heading there next weekend and I'm curious. Hoping to get one of the renovated rooms obviously.
    April 2000 -- ASMu
    November 2004 -- ASMo (First time with kids)
    September 2005 -- Pop
    September 2007 -- Pop
    January 2009 -- POR
    April 2012 -- POR (Cramming 6 people in one room)
    July 2014 -- Pop (12 days in Disney)

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the link

Looks like they took away all of the storage, I wonder who's brilliant idea that was

We have 5 people there for 2 weeks so we can't live out of the suitcase! This should be interesting............

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Your welcome, glad I could help.

As far as storage being reduced I have found that when they refurbished the values they down sided the dressers there as well..

Now instead of having room for our clothes and purchases we just have room for clothes.

I prefer to put some purchase out of sight, out of mind.

But on the upside they now have the mini fridges in the values...

Happy planning, I have 39 days till my first visit and 136 till the next...
    Itchy for another trip

Caribbean Beach 1989, 90, 92
    All St Movies 1999, 04, 05, 11
    All St Sports 2006
    Pop 2007, 08 x2, 09 x2, 10, 12 x2,13,14,15,16,17,18,2021,23
    POR 2010 x2, 11
    Coronado Springs 2019

Post Thanks / Like

There is a loss of storage but there are 3 rather large and deep drawers under the trundle. They are so deep we forgot a heap of clothes and Disney called us a week later that they found them and shipped them back to me.

Post Thanks / Like

Im seriously bummed out by the lose of storage! I was so excited about moving to POR from CSR, we had to because my mother in law is joining us, making us 5. How are we going to fit all of our clothes in 3 drawers?! Not good! Looks like Im going to have to pack hangers.
    1994 POFQ
    2003 ALL STARS SPORTS
    2007 OFF SITE
    Sept. 2009 POP
    Oct. 2010 POR
    Oct.2011 POR
    Sept. 2012 POR
    Sept. 2013 POR
    Sept. 2014 CBR
    Sept. 2016 POR
    Sept. 2017 POR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by disneymomma2010 View Post
    Im seriously bummed out by the lose of storage! I was so excited about moving to POR from CSR, we had to because my mother in law is joining us, making us 5. How are we going to fit all of our clothes in 3 drawers?! Not good! Looks like Im going to have to pack hangers.
    We just got back from there. The drawers were basically useless. Another problem is that there isn't a lot of floor space to put suitcases. We ended up with 2 suitcases on top of the air conditioner and 3 on the floor in the bathroom under the hangers.

On the other hand we preferred the new "trundle bed" location and my daughter (8.5 years old) was very comfortable on it.
    April 2000 -- ASMu
    September 2005 -- Pop
    September 2007 -- Pop
    January 2009 -- POR

Post Thanks / Like

We were there in Feb. and didn't have a problem with the lack of drawers, although I am not one to unpack while on vacation. We put one bag under the clothes hangers, hung up our jackets, kept shoes under the table, one bag on a chair and another on the side of the airconditioner. Backpacks and travel bags that weren't needed were put on the side of the bed. I put our dirtly clothes way in the back corner under the clothes hanger. We stayed neat and organized for 8 nights. I also packed lighly so we didn't have a ton of luggage. The new trundle bed & queen beds are so nice - we loved the new rooms!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by disneymomma2010 View Post
    I am with you on this!

I am definitely bringing hangers but I am also bringing 2 of those sweater holders you hang in closets. I will put shirts or shorts on the "shelves" of them for some extra storage. I will be using the drawers they have for stuff I don't care if it gets wrinkled.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruprect View Post
    We just got back from there. The drawers were basically useless. Another problem is that there isn't a lot of floor space to put suitcases. We ended up with 2 suitcases on top of the air conditioner and 3 on the floor in the bathroom under the hangers.
    Is there room under the beds for empty suitcases?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by We LOVE Disney View Post
    I am with you on this!

I am definitely bringing hangers but I am also bringing 2 of those sweater holders you hang in closets. I will put shirts or shorts on the "shelves" of them for some extra storage. I will be using the drawers they have for stuff I don't care if it gets wrinkled.

That's what I was wondering. Im pretty sure we put our suitcases under the beds last year............good idea on the sweater holders! You know, I like the new trundles and the queen beds but didn't they realize that this was going to be a huge problem and inconvience to guests, especially knowing that most would be parties of 5 and need the storgage? We disney nuts know about it in advance and can prepare accordingly but what about all of the families that don't know and show up with no where to put their things?
    1994 POFQ
    2003 ALL STARS SPORTS
    2007 OFF SITE
    Sept. 2009 POP
    Oct. 2010 POR
    Oct.2011 POR
    Sept. 2012 POR
    Sept. 2013 POR
    Sept. 2014 CBR
    Sept. 2016 POR
    Sept. 2017 POR

Post Thanks / Like

My wife and I were trying to recall for sure but we're only about 90% sure that access to under the beds was blocked off. Which with having 4 children for us just meant less lost stuff.
    April 2000 -- ASMu
    September 2005 -- Pop
    September 2007 -- Pop
    January 2009 -- POR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ruprect View Post
    My wife and I were trying to recall for sure but we're only about 90% sure that access to under the beds was blocked off. Which with having 4 children for us just meant less lost stuff.
    I don't understand why they would block access to UNDER the beds AND take away storage

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Glad I found this thread... when I saw the new pics of the refurbed rooms, I was SO disappointed to see no dressers!! We are a family of 4, so have NO use for the trundle and although we think it is great for families of 5 to have this option, I think they should have put dressers in some of the rooms and not made them ALL trundle rooms. Grrrr....

I think this is a GREAT idea, and it saved our desire to stay here... we do not travel light and really like to have places to put our things, as we don't like living out of suitcases when we're somewhere for 8 or 9 days. We'll use the drawers for socks, uw, pj's and the like... my DH and I can use one for t's and his b'ball caps, etc... but to have a sweater holder for the girls' things will be perfect.

As far as the "under the bed" thing -- we've been going to Disney for years and have yet to be able to put anything under the beds. We've always had to stack our suitcases in a corner, or in the corner of the "closet" area... I'm not sure this is very new, although we have stayed primarily at CBR and AKL. My visits to the All Star Resorts were short enough that I never really unpacked, and thus never checked out what was under the bed. I do, however, remember always thinking that I was kicking something as I pulled the sheets up each morning... ?? I'm wondering if it's a cleanliness thing... if so, I'll deal with less space if it means less bugs!
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

With the free dining pin code that we received, we booked a 10 night stay at POR-AB (we are family of 5). We stayed at POR-AB in 2010 before the refurbishment, and all I can say is that "our family doesn't travel light".

My DW just fund a really good website with photos of the refurbished rooms, and I pretty much second what everyone here has said. I don't know that I've ever been in a hotel with so little functional storage space. I know there are limits and the new murphy bed looks more comfortable and convenient then the old pull-out trundle, but the trade-off is pretty extreme.

What hasn't been mentioned is that in the photos I saw that they kept the small shelf with the hooks, unfortunately they also parked the redesigned fridge and shelf cabinet right underneath it, essentially rendering it completely useless! Possibly you could hang a backpack or something on it, but anything the length of a jacket/wind breaker will hit the top of the fridge. Looks like they didn't want the added cost in time/expense to remove/relocate these hooks. They look nice but have lost most of their functionality.

Fortunately we have 5 months to think of ways to save space. Its going to be interesting, that's for certain.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: