Quantcast First the Tronorail, now...Avengerail

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default First the Tronorail, now...Avengerail

Disney world announced there will be a monorail overlay to promote the Avengers movie debuting this summer. Characters from the film and the name of the movie will be displayed on the train.

My husband will be THRILLED!
    INTERCOT Staff-
    Nightlife, Shops, Water Parks/DCL/runDisney

DVC owner- BLT, Alauni, SSR, Vero, OKW

Next:

Oct- WLV
    Nov- Vero
    Dec- BWV
    Jan- SSR runICOT WEEKEND!
    Feb- Poly
    Mar- Disney Wonder
    Apr- AKL Kidani
    May- Vero
    Sept- BLT

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool! Hope to see pictures.

Post Thanks / Like

I heard about this a week or so ago. While I realize Disney has the rights to Marvel, personally my initial thoughts were how strange it would seem at Disney. Those thoughts haven't changed.

Tron I didn't mind (although it stayed a bit too long). Tron is Disney and always has been Disney.

Post Thanks / Like

Ugh, not at all appealing to me. I'm with Mel, I just don't think Marvel fits Disney at all.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

The "Aveng-orail" is coming to Walt Disney World...

OK....."Tronorail" was....*okay*.....but....to blatantly call out your competition (Universal Studios) up the street by displaying characters that they currently have in *their* parks.....is just....so......*wrong*.

http://parksandresorts.wdpromedia.co...96743SMALL.jpg
    Former WDW Magic Kingdom Cast Member (2001-2010): Main Street Parades/WDWRR Engineer/Conductor; Frontierland Attractions; Tomorrowland Attractions

Last: Sep '14 (Coronado Springs)
    Next:Oct 2015: MNSSHP

Have you ever dreamed the dreams of the children...?

Post Thanks / Like

I can understand the points made... but it sure does look cool!

Post Thanks / Like

I'd much rather see them use 'real' Disney characters just to make the monorail look cool. The marvel characters just don't do anything for me.
    Meg

40 trips (plus two to Disneyland, and one to Disneyland Paris) and counting!

Post Thanks / Like

Rut-roh.... Universal isn't happy with this because Disney isn't allowed to use Marvel in WDW... I smell breach of contract suits...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    Rut-roh.... Universal isn't happy with this because Disney isn't allowed to use Marvel in WDW... I smell breach of contract suits...
    I saw on another site that it is most likely OK because just like the Marvel merchandise that is in the parks, the Monorail isn't part of a theme park land or attraction.
    Chris °O°
    DISNEYLAND AP - First visit 1969

WALT DISNEY WORLD - First visit 1985
    HONG KONG DISNEYLAND - First visit 2005
    SHANGHAI DISNEYLAND - First visit 2016
    DISNEY DREAM CRUISE - First Cruise March 2019
    FUTURE + WORLD SHOWCASE = EPCOT (Favorite WDW park)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 2Epcot View Post
    I saw on another site that it is most likely OK because just like the Marvel merchandise that is in the parks, the Monorail isn't part of a theme park land or attraction.
    Universal has the rights to the characters, Disney cannot display them... Merchandise is a whole other issue... Universal cannot stop someone from selling merchandise... But, if they so chose, they can fight for an injunction since Disney is displaying the characters in WDW, which, again, by contract,WDW cannot do....

Just may not be worth the hassle, especially fees that may incur, since they won't be damaged by this in any way...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

Post Thanks / Like

Even worse, this is going on the Magic Kingdom line. Because of the agreement, the fact that the Epcot line enters the park means this can't be on the Epcot line. I really dislike this.

Of course, all the comments on the Official Disney blog page are positive.

Here's the photo.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

It is very cool looking, but I agree it seems like a weird fit with the Magic Kingdom.
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AgentC View Post
    It is very cool looking, but I agree it seems like a weird fit with the Magic Kingdom.
    Totally agree. It IS cool looking and I'm very much looking forward to the movie. I love these characters....just not at WDW.

Post Thanks / Like

Universal has the rights to the characters, Disney cannot display them... Merchandise is a whole other issue... Universal cannot stop someone from selling merchandise... But, if they so chose, they can fight for an injunction since Disney is displaying the characters in WDW, which, again, by contract,WDW cannot do....

Just may not be worth the hassle, especially fees that may incur, since they won't be damaged by this in any way...
    Actually Universal only has the rights to the characters they have used and how they have them used they can't change the attraction without permission from Disney unless the change was approved prior to the purchase and can't add any new story lines or characters.

Attractions (Characters licensed for the attraction use are individual unless otherwise noted.): Spider-Man, Doc Oc, Scream, Electro, Hydro-Man, Hobgoblin, J. Jonah Jameson, Hulk/Bruce Banner, Dr. Doom, Fantastic Four (as a group, not individually), Storm, Magneto, Professor X.

Walk around and/or Shop: Green Goblin, Cyclops, Rogue, Wolverine, Fantastic 4(as a group, not individually)(restaurant / walk around), Captain America(individual) (restaurant / walk around), Kingpin (shop / walk around), Merch (shop)

Universal’s current attractions are safe, as are the themed eateries/shops. Any Marvel characters not used presently by Universal will not be used from here on. The walk-around characters that are not connected to an attraction are a separate contract than the rides/overall naming rights, and is not perpetual until the end of use as agreed.
    So if Universal stops using them they become the property of Disney that being said Disney can't separate the Avengers or they would be in breech of the contract with Universal
    Disney actually has the right to tell Universal what merchandise they can sell and how they can sell them and collects royalties on everything Marvel. Universal also gives up the rights if they lessen the amount of dedicated retail space, advertising, or allow any non-marvel characters into Marvel Superhero Island

Post Thanks / Like

Regardless of the contract stuff -- and I can't believe I'm saying this -- I think it actually looks pretty cool.

Let the flaming begin.
    The poster formerly known as Disney_nut

Last Trip: 5/11 -- Swan

Next Trip: 10/11 -- Port Orleans - Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    Regardless of the contract stuff -- and I can't believe I'm saying this -- I think it actually looks pretty cool.

Let the flaming begin.

.....Actually, I'm with ya...

Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're NOT out to get you!

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like Thor is, um, releasing lightning from, well.....

Post Thanks / Like

Even with the photo, I still don't like it. I guess it sort of looks cool on it's own, but I just think it's totally wrong for WDW in general, but expecially for the Magic Kingdom line. When exactly are they supposed to roll it out???
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by buzznwoodysmom View Post
    Even with the photo, I still don't like it. I guess it sort of looks cool on it's own, but I just think it's totally wrong for WDW in general, but expecially for the Magic Kingdom line. When exactly are they supposed to roll it out???
    It rolled out on Saturday. It should be around for a few months as there are comments (rumors?) that it will be around well after the movie opens in May.
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by buzznwoodysmom View Post
    It's been on the line for a few days already...

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: