Quantcast POP review

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: POP review

Post Thanks / Like

Default POP review

Just got back yesterday, and this was our first stay at POP Century. We've stayed at All Star Movies 2x, plus both Port Orleans resorts.

Lots of people say that POP is their favorite value and seems nicer than the All Stars. My opinion is that it's not necessarily nicer, but has a more "fun" atmosphere. Layout is very similar to the All Stars. Maybe a bit cleaner (it's newer, right?), but still a value. Two minor suprises that I didn't expect in a value: mini fridge in the room and a curtain separating the sink area from the rest of the room.

They had some themed food and drinks, which I don't recall seeing at the values. Tye dyed cheesecake, mom's night out dinners, Pina CoLava at the Petals Bar. Organized fun stuff at the pool all day, ping pong table (which my son loved!), and outdoor movies every night.

Bus service was fine. Never long waits, even though it was a very busy week. Nice to have no other misc bus stops along the way.

I would rate it higher than the All Stars for the "fun factor." However, in most other respects, it's essentially the same. Beds are double, not queen. Very little storage space- 3 bureau drawers for 4 people. Therefore our room was a mess all week, which drove us a bit crazy.

We did have some items go missing from our room, which of course Disney is going to replace for us. It's the first time in my life I've had that happen to me, so we will not likely want to go back to POP for that reason. Kids loved it, but mom and dad are paying so our vote counts more.
    Second Star to the Right, and Straight on til Morning!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We usually stay at POP but will be checking in at All Star Movies on Tuesday! Wanted to try another Value. So surprised to hear about your missing things. We have never ever had that issue at POP. But it can happen anywhere ! We do love POP!!! I get up every morning at 645am and walk along Hour Glass Lake !!! So peaceful!!!!

Kim

1984 MAY- OFF PROPERTY Senior Class Trip!!
    1985-86 May- OFF PROPERTY
    2005 MARCH- OFF PROPERTY
    2007 FEBRUARY - POP
    2008 AUG.- POP
    2009 MARCH - POR
    2009 AUG.-POLY
    2010 AUG. - POP
    2011 AUG. - POP
    2012 APRIL - All STAR MOVIES
    2013 DEC.-POP
    2014 AUG.-AOA
    2015 APRIL- CSR

Post Thanks / Like

First two trips DBF and I did together were at All Star Movies and then POP the second trip. We did prefer POP over Movies, mainly atmosphere as well, rooms are pretty much the same, but we sort of expected that.

And when you say things went missing, do you mean like personal belongings???? That's not cool!! I would have been livvvviiiiddddd!!!
    ~*~Tonya~*~

1st = 1992
    ASMo = Jan. 6-12 '07
    POP = Jan 5-11 '08
    BWV = Jan 6-16 '09
    BCV = Jan 12-22 '10
    BWV = Jan. 21-29 '11
    BWV = Jan. 21-28 '12
    BWV = Dec. 8-15 '12
    BCV/BWV=Jan. 24-Feb. 1 '14
    BWV = Jan. 16-24 '15
    BWV = Jan. 29-Feb. 6 '16
    BWV = Jan. 20-28 '17
    BWV = Jan. 26-Feb. 3 '18

Post Thanks / Like

My daughter's iPod touch and some misc chargers. They probably assumed the chargers were for the iPod, but they weren't. I was horrified, but thankfully management handled it well. Once they became convinced that I simply didn't lose them in our own messy room, they promised to replace the items. I have to call guest claims Monday.

I am kicking myself for not using the in-room safe!
    Second Star to the Right, and Straight on til Morning!

Post Thanks / Like

Not cool!

Well thankfully Disney is replacing them, but still, that's so wrong on so many levels. Sorry you had to experience that
    ~*~Tonya~*~

1st = 1992
    ASMo = Jan. 6-12 '07
    POP = Jan 5-11 '08
    BWV = Jan 6-16 '09
    BCV = Jan 12-22 '10
    BWV = Jan. 21-29 '11
    BWV = Jan. 21-28 '12
    BWV = Dec. 8-15 '12
    BWV = Jan. 16-24 '15
    BWV = Jan. 29-Feb. 6 '16
    BWV = Jan. 20-28 '17
    BWV = Jan. 26-Feb. 3 '18

Post Thanks / Like

I prefer POP as far as the values go but have only ever stayed at POP and All Stars Music. Our last stay at POP I had those plastic popcorn tubs go missing. It wasnt a huge deal but considering it was the only thing that went missing I didnt bother to complain.
    888 miles from the happiest place on Earth!

2013 - POFQ
    2008 - Pop Century
    2005 - All Stars Music
    2004 - Pop Century

Post Thanks / Like

I'd report anything missing. I'm assuming it had to be a housekeeper (unless the door was left ajar, or something). A crooked employee who starts out stealing popcorn tubs is working their nerve up toward stealing iPods....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mom2morgan View Post
    (unless the door was left ajar, or something).
    That's actually a very good point, I have been in those rooms, and it is not too far of a stretch to think that someone (even if it was a young teen or so) with the door open and saw an ipod there, it would not be difficult with those rooms to duck in grab it and duck out very quickly. I have seen them clean those rooms and housekeeping leaves the door wide open (maybe it depends on the mousekeeper) but I have seen the doors wide open while they are cleaning, a mousekeeper could have been in the bathroom (which you cannot see the door from) cleaning with the door wide open and someone saw the ipod or buckets from the entrance grabbed them and gone they went.
    ~*~Tonya~*~

1st = 1992
    ASMo = Jan. 6-12 '07
    POP = Jan 5-11 '08
    BWV = Jan 6-16 '09
    BCV = Jan 12-22 '10
    BWV = Jan. 21-29 '11
    BWV = Jan. 21-28 '12
    BWV = Dec. 8-15 '12
    BWV = Jan. 16-24 '15
    BWV = Jan. 29-Feb. 6 '16
    BWV = Jan. 20-28 '17
    BWV = Jan. 26-Feb. 3 '18

Post Thanks / Like

I never thought about the open doors when the Mousekeepers are there. We always trust that the Mousekeepers are the only one with acsess to the the rooms and tend not to worry about our items being left out. Yikes! Sorry to hear about the IPod but it could have happened at any resort.

Pop is still my favorite value.
    Too many trips to count!
    Disneyland!
    DisneyWorld!
    Disneyland Paris!
    Coming soon Tokyo!
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE

I have stayed at: All Star Movies, All Star Music, Pop Century, Art of Animation, Port Orleans Riverside, Caribbean Beach Resort, Saratoga Springs Resort

Post Thanks / Like

Default Doors open

I am with you on the doors open. On 2 occasions at POP it looked like multiple rooms were wide open during a cleaning cycle, maybe when swapping trash/towels. There may have been a cutback in housekeepers or any number of causes.
    Boardwalk
    Animal Kingdom Jambo
    Coronado Springs
    POP
    POP
    POP
    POP
    Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

We love Pop and have NEVER had the experience of having something 'disappear' on us...Sorry this happened to you!

Of course, we would never think of having anything out in the open when we are out of the room...

All items that can 'grow feet' will be put in drawers, suitcases, or safe before we leave the room....

No sense in tempting anyone!
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Post Thanks / Like

We've stayed at POP the last 3 times. Were thinking about booking again, but I had the wrong expiration date for the 30% off code.
    Jack Sparrow: Hide the rum

91-98 Off property
    ASMusic-99
    POFQ-01 Wildfires
    ASMovies-02,03
    Pop-04 Hurricane Jeanne
    Pop-05 Tropical Storm Arlene
    Pop-09,10,11
    Sports-12
    Pop-15

Post Thanks / Like

I stayed at POP and would stay again. I'm actually trying to get my husband to go next year and that is where we will probably stay.
    November 2018 - Coronado Springs/Pop Century
    October 2017 - Disneyland
    March 2017 - All Star Sports & Boardwalk
    October 2015 - AKL Kidani
    March/April 2014 - Pop Century Resort
    Nov/Dec 2005 - Fort Wilderness Cabins
    Nov/Dec 2004 - Pop Century Resort
    February 2003 - All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

Got 20% off for Music or Sports. Would REALLY rather stay at POP, but can't justify paying the difference.
    Jack Sparrow: Hide the rum

91-98 Off property
    ASMusic-99
    POFQ-01 Wildfires
    ASMovies-02,03
    Pop-04 Hurricane Jeanne
    Pop-05 Tropical Storm Arlene
    Pop-09,10,11
    Sports-12
    Pop-15

Post Thanks / Like

We love POP and stay there nearly always. We've never had anything taken, but we do use the safe for valuables. We were there at Easter and had a great room location in the 70's.
    "Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes the bear eats you. But always dress for the hunt!" Kungaloosh!

"Happy are those whom the Muses love."

Post Thanks / Like

Prior to buying into DVC, our resort of choice was Pop. We've stayed at all 4 Values and Pop was number 1 on our list.

That's a good point about mousekeeping leaving the doors wide open. I never gave it a thought. Sorry about your missing items.
    Jodie

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: