Quantcast Oceaneer Lab/Club Questions

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Question Oceaneer Lab/Club Questions

Hi Everyone,

I am curious about the Oceaneer Lab & Club on the Disney Dream. I've heard really good reviews of these clubs and about kids who don't want to leave. And I've read that kids can move between the two clubs. My questions are these:

1) Does it matter which of the two we register at?

2) Does one appeal more to older children or boys vs. girls?

3) I know they serve food. How do lunch and dinner work?

4) Do they take the kids on excursions throughout the ship, or are all of the activies in the club/lab?

5) Are the kids clubs open while in Nassau? And do many kids attend on days the ship is docked?

Thank you!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I cannot speak to all of these questions, but I will to some of them...

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenDreams View Post
    Hi Everyone,

I am curious about the Oceaneer Lab & Club on the Disney Dream. I've heard really good reviews of these clubs and about kids who don't want to leave. And I've read that kids can move between the two clubs. My questions are these:

No, because they are one location in reality. The simplest thing is to pre-register your child online ahead of time, then once onboard you can go to the Club with your child and the paperwork to get their bracelet and enjoy a quick visit.

I think that they have enough variety in both areas to appeal to both boys and girls equally.

Sorry, our daughter never had dinner there, so cannot answer that one.

4) Do they take the kids on excursions throughout the ship, or are all of the activies in the club/lab?

If the kids are older, and you would have to check the ages for this, they can check themselves in and out if you authorized them to do so; otherwise, they are not permitted to leave the club/lab area without you or someone you registered/authorized taking them. All activities are enjoyed in the club/lab area.

5) Are the kids clubs open while in Nassau? And do many kids attend on days the ship is docked?

I want to say Yes to this, but I am not 100% sure. I know that they were closed while we were docked on Castaway Cay because the Cast Members who managed the club/lab were working the kids areas on the island. Since that is not an option on Nassau, my best guess would be that they are open during that time. Do kids attend on days the ship is docked? I would say Yes, if they could.

Thank you!
    Disneyland - Too many times to count
    1993 - WDW
    1994 - EuroDisney
    1997 - WDW
    1998 - WDW
    2000 - WDW
    2001 - WDW & Disney Wonder
    2005 - Disneyland Paris
    2011 - WDW & Disney Dream
    2013 - Disney Wonder (Alaska)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Now I know!

I have now returned from my trip and I can answer these questions. Maybe they'll be helfpul to someone else:

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenDreams View Post
    Hi Everyone,

No - they are the same club. Sometimes when it is busy, they direct you to one desk or the other for drop-off and pick-up. We actually registered online and then checked-in just before getting on the ship. They have a special desk for this in the terminal. Once on board, the kids clubs were having an open house and we were all able to go check it out on the first afternoon. My son LOVED it!

Kids can go back and forth. My son preferred the Lab - more video games, I think.

They have specific times listed in the Navigator that tell you when they'll be serving lunch. I know that one day it was sandwiches. We ened up having breakfast around 10 and dinner at 5:45, so lunch wasn't a big deal.

Always in the Club/Lab.

Yes, the kids club was open while docked in Nassau.

Thank you!
    I also have to tell you that the clubs were amazing. The staff were wonderful and my son did not want to leave. You can go in anytime to talk with your child so I would stop by to see if he wanted to come out to swim or get ice cream. Usually he's say no and I'd warn him that we'd be back in about an hour. The kids can also call you if they wish to leave.
    Last edited by GoldenDreams; 05-31-2012 at 01:51 PM. Reason: typo

Post Thanks / Like

I can add to this that dinner includes "kid friendly" food, and that my children preferred eating dinner there, rather than joining us in the restaurants. They said something about a "crazy chef" who visited and entertained during dinner time.

We were able to specify when we checked them in whether or not we wanted dinner to be mandatory or optional, and were told that the staff gives a general call out to all the kids that dinner is available, but will actually round up and sit down the kids whose parents said that dinner is mandatory.
    Jane Agnes Banks
    I was aka Agnes in VMK

"Course heading, Captain?"
    "Second star to the right... and straight on 'til morning."
    --Chekov and Kirk
    The Undiscovered Country