Quantcast MK two days in a row- how would you do it?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default MK two days in a row- how would you do it?

We are going to MK on may 19 and 20th. It has been years since I have been to the MK.

We decided since we are bring all 3 kids 13 y/o DS, 4 y/o DS and 17 mo DD) and two of them are young, it would be best to take it easy and do the MK over two days than trying to fit two parks into a weekend. That way it gives us time to slow down and really enjoy the sites. We will probably miss out on being in the park at night time, but we are ok with that.

We are driving over in the morning (I live an hour away) Parking at PO-R and taking the bus to MK. Going to take the bus back to PO-R probably around 6ish when I know the baby will be about ready to drop. We are brining the stroller but she doesn't nap if there is anything going on. So we will get checked in, and let her nap while we take the boys to the pool area.

We are planning on going back to the MK on the following day, Sunday. We will have a lunch at the Crystal Palace that day.

So which areas would you do on which days? My 4 year old has been on all the roller coasters at Legoland, so the MK moutains will be no sweat to him. BTMR will be closed at that time I think
    șoș Lizzy șoș

I am only one; but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something. I will not refuse to do the something I can do. --Helen Keller

Former VMK: dizzylizzy

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

From what I have read and heard, Fridays and Saturdays are transition days for WDW guests (people leaving and people just starting their vacations). Nonetheless, I would advise you to do everything you really want to do on Saturday at MK, and then Sunday you can do whatever is left and have a more leisurely kind of day.

P.S. DH and I will be at WDW the 17th - 20th. I think we may do MK on Friday the 18th though. We are heading out early on Sunday the 20th to drive to Ft. Lauderdale to go on a cruise.
    WDW visits . . .
    April 2013 - Yacht Club
    May 2012 - Grand Floridian
    May 2011 - Grand Floridian
    March 2006 - Offsite
    2000 - 2004 Numerous trips while in college in FL
    January 1989 - First Visit! Polynesian

Next visit:
    September - Disneyland (First trip with son!)

Post Thanks / Like

I would start at Fantasyland on whichever day you plan to arrive earliest, as close to opening as possible. Fantasyland seems to get busy fastest. On the day you start at Fantasyland, I would work around clockwise to Tomorrowland/Main Street. The other day, I would start at Adventureland and work around clockwise. You might have time to redo favorites on Day Two, but you might not want to be running all over the park with kids. Probably best to go around more methodically.

Fastpass will be helpful, so if one of your party is able to leave the other with the kids and go get Fastpasses for a popular ride first thing, and then throughout the day now and then as they become available to you (you can only hold one or two at a time per person, depending on how the times overlap), that will be a timesaver. Also, I like that you're planning to take it slow and really enjoy the park. With kids at various ages, that seems like a good idea.

The only issue I am not sure of is parking at your resort before check in. I'm not sure if it's sufficient that you're on the list for checking in, or if you actually will have to be checked in to be allowed to park there for the whole day. Someone who drives to WDW might know the answer and be helpful on that issue.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

I have done the parking thing before. Just request early check in, even if the room is not ready they still give you the parking "pass" and your info so that you can go back and get your room keys later.

Starting in Fantasyland is a fantastic idea! I konw tomorrowland is more crowded at night, but we probably won't have any nightimes in the MK this trip. It's sad that we may miss the fireworks but it will two very full fun days for the littleones, so I'm ok with that.

Plus I am secretly trying to figure out how to justify upgrading my pass to an AP, so that me and the baby can go over on our girl weekends (My boyfriend works nights and weekends usually, and the boys go to their dad's house every other weekend, so usually me and the baby have nothing to do every other week) - but that's a post for a diffrent forum
    șoș Lizzy șoș

I am only one; but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something. I will not refuse to do the something I can do. --Helen Keller

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SBETigg View Post
    The only issue I am not sure of is parking at your resort before check in. I'm not sure if it's sufficient that you're on the list for checking in, or if you actually will have to be checked in to be allowed to park there for the whole day. Someone who drives to WDW might know the answer and be helpful on that issue.
    I only live about an hour away and drive over when I stay. My advice: Go ahead and check in when you get to the resort. If your room isn't ready at the time then they will give you a card to call and get your room # after 3. You will already have your room keys so when you leave the park you can go directly to the room instead of having to deal with checking in after wondering around the park all day.

Also, I would just drive to the parks. When you check in they give you a paper to put on your windshield and if you have that then you don't have to pay for parking. If you aren't comfortable driving and would rather take the bus then that's fine. It just always seems faster to me to drive directly then wait around for buses. As long as you are check in and have that paper then parking is free.
    șOș șOș șOș șOș șOș șOș șOș șOș șOș șOș
    Amber

62 Miles from the Magic!!!!

Stayed at: All Stars Sports, Music and Movies; Dixie Landings; Port Orleans; Pop Century; Yacht Club

Post Thanks / Like

I find that taking the bus is easier than parking when you have as many kids as I do

I have one of those sit n stand strollers that does fold up, but the baby still needs a large diaper bag, and needs help and if we end up way out in the parking lot then the tram is more of an issue than the bus to me. I took my boys when they were younger so I am sure that having one more on this trip would be even more of an issue.

I really dislike the trams and their lack of stroller friendly seating. Walking into the park from the lot won't be too bad but by the end of the day I won't want to walk all the way to the car. Preparing for laziness on my part
    șoș Lizzy șoș

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bleukarma View Post
    Also, I would just drive to the parks.
    Generally I would agree with this, but not for Magic Kingdom. I HATE when we drive to that park. For Epcot, DHS and AK, it's normally easy to park and walk to the entrance, therefore avoiding the tram if you want to. Not the case with MK, and it's so time consuming. There's not much better than being dropped up right up at the MK entrance.

Quote Originally Posted by Lizzy View Post
    I find that taking the bus is easier than parking when you have as many kids as I do
    Good plan Lizzy!

Post Thanks / Like

Just an idea, but to save on a lot of walking, you could split the park in half and stick to that section each day.

Day 1: Fantasyland, Tomorrowland, and Main Street USA.

Day 2: Frontierland, Adventureland, and Liberty Square.

The key would be to line up the attractions to maximize the day by getting there at opening and getting FPs for the big rides. Of course you could mix and match the lands to your personal preferences. Definitely do popular rides first.

If you could get an 8am reservation for Crystal Palace on either day that would give you a head start into the park, assuming it's not an EMH day.
    Viva Darth Macho!
    APR '98: Wilderness Lodge, 9 days, Honeymoon
    OCT '99: Coronado Springs, 8 days, Halloween
    AUG '03: All Star Music, 8 days, Summer Fun
    AUG '10: Port Orleans Riverside, 10 days, Summer Celebration!
    AUG '12: Pop Century, 14 days, My Dream Trip!
    AUG '17: Hoping!

Post Thanks / Like

To me the 13 year old son will be a grand help. He can learn the Fast pass system and "run" to get them. He can also do some solo or duo with a parent late night stuff after the smaller ones are asleep.

We check in at 0630 all the time. Sometimes the room is even ready.
    Boardwalk
    Animal Kingdom Jambo
    Coronado Springs
    POP
    POP
    POP
    POP
    Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

thanks everyone! I love the advice here on Intercot. I can't believe I have been away for so long!

We are hoping to do a lunch at the Crystal Palace on Sunday since we won't be eating again until we get home that night. So might as well fill up at the buffet
    șoș Lizzy șoș

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by darthmacho View Post
    Just an idea, but to save on a lot of walking, you could split the park in half and stick to that section each day.

Day 1: Fantasyland, Tomorrowland, and Main Street USA.

Day 2: Frontierland, Adventureland, and Liberty Square.

The key would be to line up the attractions to maximize the day by getting there at opening and getting FPs for the big rides. Of course you could mix and match the lands to your personal preferences. Definitely do popular rides first.

If you could get an 8am reservation for Crystal Palace on either day that would give you a head start into the park, assuming it's not an EMH day.
    I generally agree with Darth here. This is the approach that we've taken when we've done the park on two seperate days. Anything that we accomplished after the "planned" lands was a nice bonus :-)
    -Laura
    Engineer by Day... Imagineer in my Dreams!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: