Quantcast Universal hotel character meals

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Universal hotel character meals

I honestly know nothing about Universal. My question is this. I am looking to see what character meals they have available in their hotels. (not interested in any park character meals as we will not be purchasing universal park tickets until my kiddies are older). My son loves nick and nick jr characters and was wondering what characters I can find at the hotel character meals. I know they can change but if someone could give me an idea of who they saw where recently would be greatly appreciated!
    First Trip '77
    Disney Cast Member WDW '98
    1st yr Anniversary Trip '02
    DVC mem '04
    Family Reunion '05! & Dads 70th '11
    Found out we were having a baby' Disneyland, CA March '08
    1st TRIP for DS 7/09 BIL WDW Wedding!
    Found out baby #2 was coming WDW 5/11
    #2 1st trip Sept'12 & Son#1 5th trip!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Trattoria del Porto in Portofino Bay Hotel has character dining from 6:30 PM to 9:30 PM on Friday nights...

The Kitchen at Hard Rock Hotel has character dining from 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM on Saturday nights...

Islands Dining Room at Royal Pacific has character dining from 6:30 Pm to 9:30 PM on Wednesday nights...

Not sure what characters appear as they don't list them on Universal's website...

Maybe call them at 407-503-3463 and ask.. they may be able to tell you... And I am sure characters are subject to change...

There is also a NickSuites Hotel off I-4 which features character breakfasts... The characters that appear there are: SpongeBob SquarePants and Dora the Explorer and friends...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks! I guess if anyone has been recently I would appreciate it if they can tell me what characters were at some of the hotel ones. If not I will call. Thanks for the info!
    First Trip '77
    Disney Cast Member WDW '98
    1st yr Anniversary Trip '02
    DVC mem '04
    Family Reunion '05! & Dads 70th '11
    Found out we were having a baby' Disneyland, CA March '08
    1st TRIP for DS 7/09 BIL WDW Wedding!
    Found out baby #2 was coming WDW 5/11
    #2 1st trip Sept'12 & Son#1 5th trip!

Post Thanks / Like

I have never done a character breakfast at Universal. They really don't make a big deal about them like they do at Disney.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure when you are going but I do know that they do a Grinch breakfast at Christmas. he is in character and interacts with all the guests. I have heard he is great (true to his harsh character).
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Joannelet View Post
    Thanks! I guess if anyone has been recently I would appreciate it if they can tell me what characters were at some of the hotel ones. If not I will call. Thanks for the info!
    I wish I could tell you... I'll try to find out if I can... But your best bet may be to call...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know if Nickelodeon characters are part of Universal anymore.

Universal has broken all ties with Nickelodeon that I can see... no more Jimmy Neutron ride, no more Nick Studios (they even removed the time capsule buried by Nickelodeon on the opening day of the Studios!), and less and less merchandising.

The Jimmy Neutron ride featuring most of the Nick Toons (esp. Sponge Bob) has been replaced by a brand new Despicable Me ride (I heard it's good).

I believe all the Nick Characters are over at the NickSuites as DisneyFreak mentioned...

We passed character dining when we stayed at Royal Pacific and Hard Rock and I seem to remember the big characters being Woody Woodpecker and Scooby Doo.
    '85-Disney Village Hilton; '87-Poly; '88-Day Trip-Disneyland; '89-GF; '94-GF; '97-ASMu; '98-Dixielandings; '02-CBR; '03-Offsite; '03-ASMo; '04-WL; '04-Offsite; '05-POFQ; '06-POFQ; '08-POP; '09-POP; '11-POP; '13-Day Trip-HS; Up next: Oct. '14-Day Trip-MK

Post Thanks / Like

Well Dora and SpongeBob are Nick characters and they have plenty of exposure in the parks... Dora as part of the new parade along with meet and greets, and SpongeBob has afloat in the parade, meet and greets, and a new themed store...

Post Thanks / Like

True... Totally forgot about that! Thanks for remembering that DisneyFreak!

They may be at a breakfast or meal after all...
    '85-Disney Village Hilton; '87-Poly; '88-Day Trip-Disneyland; '89-GF; '94-GF; '97-ASMu; '98-Dixielandings; '02-CBR; '03-Offsite; '03-ASMo; '04-WL; '04-Offsite; '05-POFQ; '06-POFQ; '08-POP; '09-POP; '11-POP; '13-Day Trip-HS; Up next: Oct. '14-Day Trip-MK

Post Thanks / Like

Not at the resorts, but I can recommend the superstar character breakfast at La Bamba at US. Since we did not stay on property, it gave us 1 hour early entry to the park and we rode Despicable Me twice before breakfast. (both walk-ups!)

At breakfast we met 8 characters (Spongebob, squidward, dora, diego, EB and pink beret (from Hop), Gru and minion.

We also got VIP passes for viewing the afternoon parade, but it was delayed and then rushed through so it was just OK.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the details. This is good to know!

Post Thanks / Like

We did the character dining at the Royal Pacific restaurant last year (Island-something). The character was Scooby-Doo. QUITE a difference from Disney dining, just the one character.

We saw Scooby again just on Thursday at the Hard Rock Hotel, so I'm guessing he was doing character dining there, as well.
    Christi

2014: May--POR & US/IOA; Nov--POR (1st rD--JJ5k!)
    2013: May--POR
    2012: Jun--POP; Aug--POP/Hard Rock
    2011: Aug/Sept--US/IOA; Nov--POFQ
    2010: Dec--CSR
    2009: Sept--Poly GVCL
    2008: Sept--POFQ
    2007: Jan/Feb--POR; Sept: POFQ
    2004: Oct--CSR
    1987: off-site

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NJGIRL View Post
    I'm not sure when you are going but I do know that they do a Grinch breakfast at Christmas. he is in character and interacts with all the guests. I have heard he is great (true to his harsh character).
    That sounds fun!
    Mar'14 DCL..Nov '13 POP..Jan '13 CBR..Mar'12 Swan/Dolphin..Nov '11 Universal/legoland, one night @ WDW..Oct '10 POP..April '09 Swan/Dolphin..Jan '09 AKL..Apr'08 offsite..Jan/Feb '08 offsite..Dec '08 HiltonHeadResort..Oct '07 Pop.. July '07 VB..May '07 DCL.Oct '06 FtWcabins.May '06 POP.Jan '06 POFQ

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: