Quantcast What would you do????

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default What would you do????

I have booked AKL Club Level for 3 nites beginning October 1st. This will be our first vacation with our new addition, DS who will be 7 months at the time of our visit
    When booking Club Level (through Disney directly) I was told that there is no guarantee that I will get I Savahanna View nor bunk beds, but it would be noted that it is a "request ." Our older DS's (13 & 9) have previously enjoyed having their own space to sleep in & asked that they have the bunk beds again. Plus now needing a crib, the extra floor space is almost a must for us.
    Does Disney consider that I booked my vacation in February and my request would be honored prior, to say, someone with the same request who booked in May? I know that I will be highly disappointed if my requests are not honored.
    Or should I change my resort to the Contemporary, MK View (not Congierge level)??? This way I will have more floor space and get the view I want. Plus, the monorail may be a better option of transporation since we have never traveled with an infant before.
    Your previous experiences and/or input would greatly be appreciated!!!!

2012 October DS's 1st Visit
    2011 Contemporary Concierge/Beach Club
    2010 AKL
    2009 WL
    2008 GF
    2005-2007 Off Property

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Since the first week of October has no special going on and crowds are generally lighter, I wouldn't see why you wouldn't get the room you request especially one with bunk beds. However, I would agree with your thinking about staying at the Contemporary only because AKL is the farthest away and I think you would find it much easier staying at a resort with monorail access. When my girls were young, we stayed at the Poly and it was well worth it because of the ease in rolling the stroller right through the lobby and then onto the monorail. I think if I had to deal with the buses and strollers, I wouldn't have enjoyed our trips as much.

Post Thanks / Like

We stayed in an AKL bunk bed room when my children were 8 and 5, I personally found the room to be very small. Not much floor space at all. Also, my kids were young and did not complain, but I thought the bunk beds were very uncomfortable and I don't know if my kids at current ages (12 and 9) would be comfortable on those beds. Of course, my 9 year old is very tall for his age.

When we stayed at the Contemporary, my DD slept on the extra couch/bed and was very happy on it (esp. because she did not want to share the extra bed with her brother who is a bed hog). The Contemporary room is bigger and felt larger with more floor space than the AKL room. I think the Contemporary would give you more room for a pack and play than the AKL and still have room to move.

Of course, my favorite part of the Contemporary is the ability to walk to the MK and avoid public transportation all together.

Karen

10/97 Dolphin w/ friends
    02/00 Off-site w/ DH
    09/06 POFQ w/ DD and friends
    09/07 AKL w/ DH, DD and DS!
    09/08 POR w/DS and friends
    05/10 CR w/ DH, DD and DS
    05/11 Hard Rock US/IOA w/ DH, DD and DS
    05/13 Royal Pacific US/IOA w/ DH, DD and DS
    02/16 Hard Rock US/IOA w/ DH, DD and DS

Post Thanks / Like

Default Contemporary MK view

My impression - perhaps incorrect - is that it's not so much how far out your reservation/request is, but how early you check in that has the most bearing on requests being honored.

There's a certain pool of rooms available that day, and if your check in is early, you have a greater chance of your request being drawn from that pool of available rooms. If your check in is late in the day, the pool will be smaller. Not sure how on-line check in has impacted this.

I agree that the floor space even with bunk beds may be tight. We have had bunk beds at Wilderness Lodge - I think both resorts are similar in room size?

Since the Contemporary has roomier rooms and has the monorail, I'd book that resort for this trip. You have many more options, both for transportation and for dining, with all the resorts available on either the monorail or with the boats to Wilderness Lodge and Fort Wilderness.

Jan

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: