Quantcast What is one place you would NOT eat again, and why? - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

I would have to say Tony's in the MK. We had ADRs and waited and waited and waited while other parties with ADRs after us were seated. My granddaughter who was a mere toddler at the time was really getting antsy. After we finally got seated the meal was just mediocre at best. The manager comped us our dessert.

A close second would be O'hana. We had dinner there 2 times with the same results. Meal was rushed and the meat was tough and the service was really lacking (we did like the dessert). We found the breakfast was much better.
    [COLOR=DarkRed]Paula[/

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Coral Reef!!!!
    Too many times to count before NOW! 40+

Next trips planned Jan.1-6 2013 ~ ORANGE LAKE RESORT

Post Thanks / Like

I'm shocked to see Coral Reef on here - Hubby and I ate there on our honeymoon and it ended up being our favorite of the trip, and we ate at a different table service every night!

My least favorite is Kouzzina service/atmosphere - not because of the food, but because of the service. They had a huge issue in charging it back to our DDP (long story, not going to go into it).

Least favorite food/atmosphere - Sci-Fi diner

While we were there, there was a disabled elderly man. The cast members let their family sit him on the bench and had a family member PUSH them all the way into the corner. It was such a horrific thing to witness that I was actually happy we left before I had to see them manhandle him out of the booth. There was disabled seating open where they would have been comfortable, but it was not the "best view" of the screen for his family to enjoy.

Horrible

~ Trista ~
    Oct 26 - Nov 9 2011 - STS, OKW, BWV, STS
    **Married 10/30 Wedding Pavilion, Dance Hall Reception, UK Lower Lochside Dessert Party **

Planning a Disney Wedding? I know the ropes and am more than happy to answer any questions!

Post Thanks / Like

I have 3: Garden Grill, 50's Prime Time and Liberty Tree Tavern. We did not care for the food at any of these.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    OTHERWISE...ABC comisary was the worst CS we ever did, but we got to watch the Star Wars show while we tried to force down that icky food lol I wish they would do that place into a Star Wars themed cantina resturant like Pizza Planet but with the Blue elephant guys on the walls! ...sorry I'm abit of a Geek
    I think you're thinking about Backlot Express rather than ABC Commissary....This is right across from the Jedi Academy stage....There is nothing you can see (really) from the ABC Commissary but walkway....It's kind of like an alleyway.....
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Starryice View Post
    Least favorite food/atmosphere - Sci-Fi diner

While we were there, there was a disabled elderly man. The cast members let their family sit him on the bench and had a family member PUSH them all the way into the corner. It was such a horrific thing to witness that I was actually happy we left before I had to see them manhandle him out of the booth. There was disabled seating open where they would have been comfortable, but it was not the "best view" of the screen for his family to enjoy.

Horrible
    Imagine my surprise when reading this post and thinking "holy cow this person must have been there the same time that I was I saw that same thing! Oh...wait. Starryice is my wife. Uh... yeah. Nevermind."

Yeah watching that disabled gentleman get pushed around made me want to leave immediately. I have NO idea how they planned to get him out of that booth, but I just couldn't be around to see it in fear that I would end up breaking something over someone's head for being such a sorry excuse of a person.

But aside from that, the food was bad. Not only was the food bad, but the lighting was so low I couldn't even see my food. So... is my steak done properly? I have no idea. Can't see it. Oh well, let's take a bite! BLEEEECH yeah that was pure grizzle I just bit into.

The place advertises that you get to watch old sci fi movies. That's wrong. What you really get are commercials for old sci fi movies. Hey, you want to sit and watch a 35 minute commercial loop while eating? Wow sign me up!

The server we had was quite possibly the most intrusive and annoying person I have ever encountered in a restaurant. He was CONSTANTLY telling everyone what was coming up on the screen in a minute, so that we could take a picture. Dude... GO. AWAY.

Just a miserable place to try and enjoy a meal.
    Trista and Jeffrey
    Happily Ever After 10-30-11
    Disney Wedding Pavilion

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Quadstriker View Post
    Imagine my surprise when reading this post and thinking "holy cow this person must have been there the same time that I was I saw that same thing! Oh...wait. Starryice is my wife. Uh... yeah. Nevermind."
    THAT is the funniest thing I've heard today! ROTFL

Post Thanks / Like

I just posted on the Kouzzina thread my never go to again restaurant.
    I will not return to Kouzzina the service was sooo bad food was good. But not good enough to warrant second chance.
    Mar'14 DCL..Nov '13 POP..Jan '13 CBR..Mar'12 Swan/Dolphin..Nov '11 Universal/legoland, one night @ WDW..Oct '10 POP..April '09 Swan/Dolphin..Jan '09 AKL..Apr'08 offsite..Jan/Feb '08 offsite..Dec '08 HiltonHeadResort..Oct '07 Pop.. July '07 VB..May '07 DCL.Oct '06 FtWcabins.May '06 POP.Jan '06 POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down

My worst is La Cantina de San Angel ---- the newer take-out one. We were there at night. There was no place to sit and there were long lines and we did not enjoy the food. We had 2 young children with us and were finally able to crowd onto a bench and balance the trays so that they could eat.

We had been there for the food festival and there were tables up around the Mexican Pyramid, but they took them down when the Food Festival ended. It would be nice if they left the tables there year-round, especially now that they've added this takeout location.

Post Thanks / Like

Nine Dragon's or whatever it was called in '99. The food was very bland & the atmosphere was.....well there was none. It reminded me of being in a local Chinese food restaurant during off hours.

Also in 05' we were disappointed with the Plaza Restaurant.

No plans of returning to either.
    ºoº Joe ºoº
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Dolphin - May '99
    Pop - July '04
    ASMu - Sept '05
    Pop - Sept '06
    Pop - Sept '07
    Pop - Sept '08
    Pop - Sept '09
    Pop - Sept '10 HONEYMOON
    Pop - Sept '11
    Pop - Nov '12
    Pop NYE '13/'14
    NEXT TRIP - Pop - Nov 9th-16th '14

Post Thanks / Like

Coral Reef! It's the worst! We've had two very bad experiences ( service and food) there and now just can't bring ourselves to waste that kind of money on a terrible experience. Especially when there are many GOOD dining options at Epcot!

(the ABC Commissary isn't good either)
    PinKy
    Upcoming trips: July 2021 Big Family trip to Disney!
    Most Recent Trip: October 2020 MNSSHP Family Weekend away!
    DVC Members since 2009

Post Thanks / Like

TS:O'Hana (dry meat and too loud)

CS:Backlot Express (worse than McDonalds)
    Too many trips to count!
    Disneyland!
    DisneyWorld!
    Disneyland Paris!
    Coming soon Tokyo!
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE

I have stayed at: All Star Movies, All Star Music, Pop Century, Art of Animation, Port Orleans Riverside, Caribbean Beach Resort, Saratoga Springs Resort

Post Thanks / Like

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by mom2morgan View Post
    Oh, I know what you mean!! My husband is a log home builder and we live in the mountains of Alberta - and we feel exactly the same away about poor old WL.
    Alberta has mountains?!?!

Just kidding ~ I know the Rockies are breathtaking!
    Shannon

~It's not the number of breaths you take, it's the moments that take your breath away~
    ~You should never take more than you give~ The Circle of Life

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EeyoresBestFriend View Post
    Alberta has mountains?!?!

Just kidding ~ I know the Rockies are breathtaking!
    LOL - Well *I* do since I'm only an hour from Jasper and Banff ;-)

Post Thanks / Like

Like many have said, I'm not going to say never, but rather not likely about the Polynesian Luaua. Very disappointed in the food. Not worth the price.

On a disheartening note, we ate at Ohana's last trip. My DW and DD8 kept saying, "It's a beautiful location," when I'd ask if they liked it here. That's code for: "We're not liking the food so we'll say something nice about the place." fresh slabs of meat on fire!! How do you not like that???!!! Sadly, that may end up on the never list.

If you asked me before our most recent trip, Coral Reef would have been at the top. We hadn't been there since 2000 or 2001. Our experience was horrible. One hour wait WITH ADRs. Food was just so-so. However, on our last trip, we gave it another shot. Seated quickly. Our waiter was exemplary. The food was terrific. SBETigg, you may want to give them another chance.
    WDW - 99 Off Site
    WDW - 00 C.Springs, Wilderness
    WDW - 01 POFQ, Boardwalk
    WDW - 02 C.Beach, POFQ, AK Lodge
    WDW - 04 Riverside
    WDW - 05 C.Springs
    WDW - 07 Riverside
    WDW - 11 C.Beach
    WDW - 12 POFQ
    WDW - 14 Riverside
    WDW - 15 POFQ
    WDW - 19 Wilderness
    WDW - 20 C.Beach

Post Thanks / Like

The Luau. The food was horrible and so was the show.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd have to say the Poly Luau....the show was decent, but the food was absolutely horrible.
    *1993-CBR
    *1995-Dixie Landings
    *1999-2002 OKW (3 times)
    *2003-BCV(got engaged)
    *2005-Poly Concierge(honeymoon)
    *2007-AllStar Music(expecting 1st child)
    *2008- OKW (w/1st child)
    *2012-AKL villas

Post Thanks / Like

quadstriker, that really is sad to hear about. it's so crazy how people's experiences vary so much from place to place. we have always enjoyed the atmosphere, and it always freaked me out how quiet it is sometimes.
    Next trip - Sep29-Oct4! Free QS dining at POP. First trip with both kids. (6th total visit)
    "In dreams you will lose your heartache"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PopPhan View Post
    I think you're thinking about Backlot Express rather than ABC Commissary....This is right across from the Jedi Academy stage....There is nothing you can see (really) from the ABC Commissary but walkway....It's kind of like an alleyway.....
    Yes!! Thats the place, I'm so sorry!!!
    You can't take the sky from me

Post Thanks / Like

Crystal Palace for us. The place was dirty and the food was just awful. Our omelets didn't even look like omelets! Hubby and I were so disgusted there.
    First Trip '77
    Disney Cast Member WDW '98
    1st yr Anniversary Trip '02
    DVC mem '04
    Family Reunion '05! & Dads 70th '11
    Found out we were having a baby' Disneyland, CA March '08
    1st TRIP for DS 7/09 BIL WDW Wedding!
    Found out baby #2 was coming WDW 5/11
    #2 1st trip Sept'12 & Son#1 5th trip!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: