Quantcast What is one place you would NOT eat again, and why? - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

The one place we will probably not go to again is Artist's Point.

Not that we had a bad experience - to the contrary, everything was fine. It's just that we live in the Pacific Nortwest and to be quite honest the overall atmosphere and menu is something we can get anytime we want and it just wasn't anything special to us. It was nice to be able to get some favorite local (to us) wines, even if I did choke at the prices.

If I want to get a gourmet Northwest meal in a rustic mountain lodge, I can drive an hour to Timberline Lodge (the primary inspiration for the Wilderness Lodge) and have a true 5 star meal. Likewise, we don't stay at WL for similar reasons - it's a beautiful place and very true to the real thing, but it's just too much like home for us want to stay there on our vacation.

But then, that's what I like about WDW. What's different, unique and enjoyable for me may not be for someone else. And vice versa.

Steve
    First visit: Disneyland, July 17, 1955 (well, somebody had to be there on opening day!)

Most Recent Visit:
    Disneyland - June 21-25, 2017
    WDW - Sep 22 - Oct 5, 2019
    Next up: WDW - May 9 - 16, 2020 at Riviera!
    Dec 5 - 16, 2020 at Poly

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Marrakesh - Cinnamon and beef? No thanks...
    Lauryn

7/14 - OKW
    8/13 - BC
    7/12 - WL
    8/11 - BLT
    5/10 - BC
    8/09 - off site
    12/31/08 at Epcot day trip
    3/08 - Pop Century
    8/04 - off site
    5/01 - Boardwalk Year 2000
    5/97 - off site 25h Anniversary of WDW

Post Thanks / Like

Kouzzina -- just not our type of food flavoring. Atmosphere was neat though, with the open kitchen...

Mickey's Back Yard Bar-B-Que -- Picnic tables and crowds elbowing for everything was just not our idea of fun....Maybe if we had kids to join in the dancing with the characters...Better ribs at Flame Tree!!!

Kona Cafe -- Food was OK, but (and it just might be the evening we were there) the atmosphere lacked...Would MUCH rather go to 'Ohana.
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Ours would be Rose and Crown. We were there in August 09. LeCellier lost our reservation and called around to try to accommodate us and the R&C was the only restaurant able to. We quickly found out why. From beginning to end, we were there for 4 hours and we never received half of our food or our dessert. The table next to us was sat and served 3 times in the time we were there. The manager was more rude than our server. I have never left with out paying the bill, but we did here. We were on the dining plan, so I promptly went to guest relations and made sure we were not charged a meal, especially since we were about to go back to our resort to eat at the food court! My husband and I had gone in'98 on our honeymoon and had one of the best meals of our trip there, so I was completely taken aback by the disgraceful service!
    Debbie
    Feb 87- off site/Nov 98-Poly
    98- Disney Magic Inaugural Cruise
    Jul 03-off site
    Sept 05/Aug. 11/Nov '20 -Pop Nov 08-POR
    Aug 09/May 10-ASMu
    Nov. 09-Disneyland/California Adv.
    Aug. 12- OKW
    Aug 13 SS
    Oct 14 AKL/AoA
    Oct. 18 POP
    Aug 19- Movies

Post Thanks / Like

I know its touted as one of the best things ever but I've never been treated so badly as I was at California Grill. The server was just angry we were there, it was the resturant I fought to hard to get us into for Mom's birthday cause we heard such good things, the service was appauling, food was stone cold, we saw our server I think twice. He never had one nice thing to say, not even a smile, we talked to a manager and she was just as bad as he was...We ended up calling the resturant line because we were both waitresses at the time and knew there surely had to be someone to hold accountable for us being treated barely above bugs, but noone had answers...I ended up in tears by the time we got back to our hotel while Mom tried to lie and tell me it didn't bother her, shes waited tables close to 15 years and I did it for 6, I knew it bothered her. Broke my heart, even now years later I still have a dislike of the entire contemporary resort because I know "those" people who were so awful to us were there at one point. I honestly wouldn't recomend that place to my enemy.

OTHERWISE...ABC comisary was the worst CS we ever did, but we got to watch the Star Wars show while we tried to force down that icky food lol I wish they would do that place into a Star Wars themed cantina resturant like Pizza Planet but with the Blue elephant guys on the walls! ...sorry I'm abit of a Geek
    You can't take the sky from me

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fangorn View Post
    Likewise, we don't stay at WL for similar reasons - it's a beautiful place and very true to the real thing, but it's just too much like home for us want to stay there on our vacation.

Steve
    Oh, I know what you mean!! My husband is a log home builder and we live in the mountains of Alberta - and we feel exactly the same away about poor old WL.

Post Thanks / Like

Only one? Sorry, there are more than one (really 5 or 6.)
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Electric Umbrella.
    -Laura
    Engineer by Day... Imagineer in my Dreams!

Post Thanks / Like

Le Cellier. The wait was long, the food was just medicocre. The whole reason we went there was DH was Canadian, and wanted the rest of us to experience Canadian food, but he said it wasn't even close.

Post Thanks / Like

The Yacht Club, before they changed it to Portobello. DH got veal and it was so salty... everything we got was gross.. We haven't been there in like 5 years, but I have no desire to ever go back.
    Next trip - Sep29-Oct4! Free QS dining at POP. First trip with both kids. (6th total visit)
    "In dreams you will lose your heartache"

Post Thanks / Like

Big River Grille — unbussed tables all around us and food that got me sick

Other places we won't repeat: Marrakesh and Brown Derby. CS: Lotus Blossom Cafe and ABC Commissary
    Ellen
    INTERCOT Staff: Dining, Disney Cruise Line, Guests with Special Needs

Next up:
    Christmas with the Mouse
    President's Week 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ElenitaB View Post
    Big River Grille — unbussed tables all around us and food that got me sick
    I would add Big River Grille to my list. Very mediocre. Years ago, I liked the one in Chattanooga, Tennessee, but this one pales (I think they're part of the same group).
    2014: BC; 2013: CS; 2012: POR, Dolphin; 2011: Hilton, Dolphin; 2010: POFQ, CSR; 2009: POFQ; 2008: HoJo DL, Royal Plaza; 2007: Saratoga; 2006: POP, BV, CSR; 2005: AS-Mu, Off-site, POFQ; 2004: POFQ, AS-Mo; 2003: CSR, AS-Mo, Royal Plaza; 2002: AS-Mu; AS-Mu, CBR, Off-site; 2001: WL; 2000: Landings/Magic

Post Thanks / Like

Ohana

I know it's a favorite of a lot of people here, but we just didn't care for it. We don't like coriander so the wings weren't good to us, and the steak was really fatty and gross. Plus, I got horribly sick the next morning (stayed in the room the whole day, and was pretty much done for the last 3 days of our trip). I don't know for a fact that it was the food, as my husband had been sick two days before, but I'm unable to convince my stomach otherwise.

Also wouldn't go back to the Liberty Tree Tavern for dinner. I still don't know if that gravy was supposed to be turkey or beef - it was gross!

Denise
    Next up: 1/13 WL
    '72 & '76 FW
    '88 Off Site
    '98 Dixie Landings
    '00 Treehouse Villas
    '02 & '03 POR
    '04 & '05 WL
    '06 & '07 POR
    '07 WL
    '09 POR
    '11 AKL
    '13 WL
    Next Up: Jan '15 WL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nini View Post

I don't know for a fact that it was the food, as my husband had been sick two days before, but I'm unable to convince my stomach otherwise
    I know what you mean. I got the stomach flu really bad the day we ate at Cindy's. Even though I KNOW it wasn't the food, the thought of being there again makes my stomach turn. Weird!

PS - sounds from the posts above like the ABC Commissary is a universal thumbs down!

Post Thanks / Like

Cape May for dinner (love the breakfast) and the Sci-Fi Dine-In. We had advance dining reservations for the Sci-Fi Dine-In and still had to wait over an hour to get seated. Not repeating that experience.
    Steve (aka brownie)
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations & Mousellaneous
    ASMv 4/00, 10/01, 11/03, 5/21
    ASMu 8/12, 11-12/22
    AKL 6/18
    BC 9/94
    CSR 8/14, 3-4/22
    POP 11-12/10, 3/12, 10/12, 7/17, 4/22
    POFQ 10/01
    POR 9/04, 1/16, 11/19
    WL 12/03
    Disneyland 6/07, 1/15
    Disney Dream 8/14

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know that there's any I absolutely wouldn't go back to, but the least likely are Tony's and Marrakesh. Tony's because the food was mediocre. And for the Restaurant Marrakesh, we went during a free dining period and it was horribly crowded. We had an ADR, but still had to wait quite a while. It was warm outside so everyone was trying to wait inside the small air-conditioned waiting area. Unfortunately they kept needing more chairs for the restaurant itself and would come take them from the waiting area, leaving a crowd of people standing around. Then when we were finally seated, it was at a table crammed back into a corner, far away from the belly-dancing and so close to other tables that it was difficult for our servers to wait on us. Can you tell this experience left a very negative image? It's a shame, because the food was not bad.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hollywood and Vine

We stopped eating at H&V after three tries. The food is very plain, much like Crystal Palace, but the outlet was just filthy. Food was being mixed among the trays by guests and the staff was not doing a good job of keeping up on maintaining the line. The last time we were there I don't think we even finished our first plate before leaving.
    DL/DCA 40+ days a year 1999-2004
    10 D. CBR 6/02
    11 D. AKL 7/05
    6 D. CBR 12/05
    11 D. BWR 7/06
    11 D. POFQ (never again) 7/07
    7 D. CBR 11/07
    12 D. AKL/CR 7/08
    11 D. AKL 12/09
    12 D. BWI 6/10
    10 D. AKL 11/10
    10 D. POR (never again) 6/11
    10 D. AKL 12/11
    10 D. CBR 6/12
    Next 11D BWI 11/12

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with MNNHFLTX in that I wouldn't say never, just not very likely. I am slightly conflicted but still think I have to put Bistro De Paris on my list.

It's not that there wasn't a lot of good in my experience, though. The service was good, and my server was well versed on the menu, offered great suggestions when asked for advice, and was quite attentive. Also, some of my meal was excellent. My gratine' crab pasta appetizer was memorable, but the rest of the meal was just ok. Not bad, but not amazing as I expected. With the look, pricing and feeling of exclusivity I wanted to be wowed by the food, and I just wasn't.

I think it should be done once by anyone who is a foodie or a WDW fan, but the only feeling I got was like I was a kid and the grown up's table. Not sure I'll do it again.
    Last Ride Ridden - Test Track
    Last Eatery Visited - Tangerine Cafe

July 1984 (off WDW)
    June 1995 (off WDW)
    July 2005 (Pop Century)
    April 2008 (offsite)
    Feb 2009 (All Star Music)
    Feb 2010 (POP)
    Sept/Oct 2010 (Sports)
    Jan/Feb 2012 (ASMovies)
    Sep/Oct 2013 (offsite)
    Feb 2015 (POFQ)

Post Thanks / Like

Akershus! It was the worst ever!! The food was terrible and the place was dirty! We were seated at 815am and the food was cold!! How is that!! Except getting a pic of DD and a princess it was a huge waste of time!!

Kim

1984 MAY- OFF PROPERTY Senior Class Trip!!
    1985-86 May- OFF PROPERTY
    2005 MARCH- OFF PROPERTY
    2007 FEBRUARY - POP
    2008 AUG.- POP
    2009 MARCH - POR
    2009 AUG.-POLY
    2010 AUG. - POP
    2011 AUG. - POP
    2012 APRIL - All STAR MOVIES
    2013 DEC.-POP
    2014 AUG.-AOA
    2015 APRIL- CSR

Post Thanks / Like

San Angel Inn- GROSS-- what a waste of such amazing atmosphere.
    84 - FW
    94 - Off Site
    95 - ASMu
    96 - Off Site
    08 - POFQ
    2/09 - Coronado
    7/09 - AS Sports
    9/09 - POP
    12/09- One day for Christmas
    4/10 - POFQ
    7/10 - Offsite
    3/11 - AS Sports