Quantcast Solo Adults in Parks??

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Solo Adults in Parks??

OK... I need a straight answer from anybody on here...I am a 55 y/o m..married ..grown son..my wife is not a fan of going to the parks any more ,except for the CP or MVMVP,and MNSSHP...but, I ,on the other hand,LOVE the entire Disney experience,and every Christmas for the past 5 or 6 years,I have gotten a 2 or 3 night stay to go on my own....she always busts my chops about going,so I wanted some honest opinions about this...I have been going to Disney since 1972, and just love the total picture.I stay at POP for 2 or 3 nights,usually twice a year..go to the parks,eat what I want,ride the monorail,and just generally take in the ambiance of the greatest place on Earth..we have been to Paris twice,but I love WDW more than anything on Earth..weird ,or what? I appreciate everybody's input...PS..I am driving over from Palm Harbor on Thursday for 3 nights,courtesy of my wife and mother-in-law..Merry Christmas to me!!!!!
    "Ive been to WDW more times in real life than I have posts on here!!!!"Not sure, but has to be over 100 times since 1971..absolutely my favorite place on Earth....

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I love spending time by myself in the parks. I think you have the right idea - as long as you get some "couple" time with your wife doing things you both like when you are at home.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

Fully agree.

I believe that everyone needs the ability to do what brings them happiness. It is great that your wife supports this (assuming "busting your chops" is a bit tongue in cheek in here) and even helps you get your Disney fix!

DO IT.

ENJOY IT.

NO GUILT.

RECIPROCATE with your wife.

Be nice to your wife before and after.
    Carolyn & Nikki - Two sisters whose first visit was the day before the Magic began...and have been hooked ever since!

Post Thanks / Like

I have done one solo trip and would do another in a heartbeat. I am happily married but it is great to go and do what YOU want in the parks as well.
    * stayed at more then once
    Yacht Club, POR, POFQ,CSR,All Star Sports*,
    CBR,Pop Century*,CR,WL,FortWilderness* Animal Kingdom lodge,All Star Music*.

Post Thanks / Like

I've been to WDW 4 times in the last 2 1/2 years by myself and loved it each time. Can't wait to go back. I have a good friend that lives in the area that I always see at least one day. I'll be honest; sometimes I would prefer company, especially for meals, but I don't let it get me down. A good way to enjoy meals alone is to eat at the bar and talk to the bartender or someone sitting next to you. Even when I used to go with my wife, she prefered to sleep late and and sit by the pool in the mornings and she didn't like thrill rides so I would usually hit the parks early by myself and not meet her until lunch. Have a great trip
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome for you ! I would do a solo trip in a heartbeat if ever the chance arose

Post Thanks / Like

I take lots of solo trips to the World and enjoy every single one of them I do what I want when I want which is awesome. Sure it's fun being there with friends and family but nothing beats a nice solo trip
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

I love my solo trips, and can't wait for an entire week in October! It's so much fun to just do what you want, when you want. I say if you can go, you should enjoy it!
    Meg

40 trips (plus two to Disneyland, and one to Disneyland Paris) and counting!

Post Thanks / Like

Tigz9299, i wanna be just like you when i grow up!

I too, am married, and my DH doesn't want to go to Disney anymore I don't get it!

Have loads of fun
    I love Walt Disney World!!!!! :)
    A Happy Visitor since 1974!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I did my first solo trip last year when I was in Orlando for a conference. I must say that I really enjoyed it, but I also missed having the family with me, especially when I was on one of their favorite rides. It was nice interacting with other familes and sharing the ride with them (hopefully, then didn't think I was too creepy). Also, the freedom and flexibility of just jumping on an available ride or grabbing counter service without having a committee discussion was a nice change.

I was able to hit DHS, AK, & MK in one looonng day, which would never happen with the family in tow. I saved Epcot for an EMH evening on a different day, but I am sure I could have hit that one on the same day as well.

I would definitely do it again, as it was a new way to experience the park on my terms.

One side note...I found myself texting updates to everyone throughout the day and then I called them when having a meal. Not sure if they liked that or were annoyed.

Too bad the conference wasn't as exciting..lol.

2018 Port Orleans Riverside
    2012 Port Orleans Riverside
    2011 Port Orleans French Quarter
    2009 Grand Floridian
    2007 Contemporary
    2006 Grand Floridian
    2004 Polynesian
    1980 Day trip to MK

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by phillydan View Post
    I must say that I really enjoyed it, but I also missed having the family with me, especially when I was on one of their favorite rides.
    Ah but this is where text messages, Twitter, and Facebook come into to play Nothing like rubbing it in to those who are not with you
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

I think it is great. I usually get 1afternoon to myself and it could be longer.
    Boardwalk
    Animal Kingdom Jambo
    Coronado Springs
    POP
    POP
    POP
    POP
    Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

Hey it's your life - live it!

I'm a 54 yo married, father of two 20-something daughters.

As a family we did WDW vacations 9 times over k-12 school years. Since then I have on 3 occasions, while on business trips to Orlando, enjoyed fun solo trips to WDW.

No one in my family says anything other than they wish they were with me.

But they know I a WDW fanatic.

Have a great time
    1984-first visit only one day 1996-WL 1998-CSR 2001-CSR 2003-POR & AKL 2004-AKL 2005-CBR 2006-CBR & BC 2007-Pop & CBR (solo) 2010-Pop (solo) 2011-Pop (solo) 2012-Pop 2013-Pop 2014-Pop (solo) 2015-Pop (solo) 2016-Pop (solo)

Post Thanks / Like

more than one solo trip for me as well!

Nothing better than going at your own pace. The mrs doesn't share the love that I do for WDW so she lets me go solo when needed. I always meet great people when I go, but also do lots of people watching when I go. It's always amazing. I also enjoy sitting at the bar at the resorts because random people always start up conversations. It's a great way to end the day.
    Last Ride Ridden - Test Track
    Last Eatery Visited - Tangerine Cafe

July 1984 (off WDW)
    June 1995 (off WDW)
    July 2005 (Pop Century)
    April 2008 (offsite)
    Feb 2009 (All Star Music)
    Feb 2010 (POP)
    Sept/Oct 2010 (Sports)
    Jan/Feb 2012 (ASMovies)
    Sep/Oct 2013 (offsite)
    Feb 2015 (POFQ)

Post Thanks / Like

I dream about the day I will be able to take a solo trip once my kids are all grown up! The closest thing I'll have to it for awhile will be going "child-free" with my sister to ICOT15 this October!

*Disneyland Paris Hotel
    *Grand Floridian
    *Disneyland Hotel
    *Boardwalk Inn *Bay Lake Tower
    *Contemporary *Old Key West
    *Polynesian Resort *Animal Kingdom Lodge
    * Port Orleans French Quarter
    * Fort Wilderness
    *Art of Animation * Pop Century
    * All Star Movies, Music & Sports

Post Thanks / Like

go for it..
    Ive been to WDW w family first when i was younger,
    then i was w first wife, second wife,in between solo sometimes a friend would meet me. then met third wife while solo (shes working there again).then i went solo, then i went twice so far w gf...
    i did feel uncomfortable sometimes alone, but also had the freedom to go where i wanted, drink what i wanted and eat what i wanted when i wanted.
    have a good time
    BC 2
    WL CL 1
    AKL 4
    SOG 3
    POFQ 3
    POR 2
    CSR 4
    CBR 2
    Asp 3
    AS m 2
    POP 7
    12-13 WL CSR ASM
    3-14 POR, AS s Dolphin
    6-14 Us CSR
    1-14 Unv
    6-15 WL, SSR.
    11- 15. AOA, OKw
    7 16..CSR, FW, AKL, POR
    7 17..ASM, CSR, WL AKL club POP
    8 18 As sports, Pop
    DL 9-19
    DVC WL, CSR and idk 10-20

Post Thanks / Like

So jealous! Would love to be able to give this a try! My work was trying to schedule training somewhere, and I kept pushing for Orlando, so that I COULD sneak in a couple solo days at the world. Unfortunately, I lost, and the training is in Atlanta... As much as I love when my family is there with me, it would be nice to give it a shot!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I've been on three solo trips so far.

1. When my two girls were little (3 and 6 mos) -- I did a long weekend at WDW by myself and it was AWESOME. The girls didn't know where I was and they all survived without me.

2. ICOT10 (Oct 07) -- had a blast hanging out with everyone. Meets are a great way to do a solo trip but still have people to talk to.

3. Reunion 2010 (WDW Today) -- another meets trip. It was nonstop fun, but I felt more guilty going by myself, as the girls were 6 and 8 at the time and KNEW where I was.

Now I'm hoping to do a solo trip for the ICOT15... but I know I'll miss having my girls with me. I keep telling myself that they get plenty of time in the parks (we go every summer) and that I am allowed to have adult time to myself!

Kathy
    Many trips from childhood to 2008, WDW/DLP
    8/09: Ultimate Adventurer Trip, WL Concierge/AKL
    6/10: POFQ
    12/10: Mousefan Reunion (Pop)
    8/11, 7/12: AKL Concierge
    10/12: ICOT 15th solo trip (Pop)
    4/13: Pop
    7/13: Hilton Bonnet Creek
    7/14: 3 nights at BLT
    12/14: US, IOA, and WDW

Post Thanks / Like

I've done several solo trips and while it can get a little lonely at times I really prefer doing what I want when I want.

Enjoy!!
    Next WDW Trip: July 13 - 22, 2016 Wilderness Lodge

"There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow shining at the end of every day!"

"Let's Don't be Silly..." - The Mad Hatter

Post Thanks / Like

There are so many amazing ways to enjoy Disney, and doing some solo time is one that I certainly enjoy. I don't think I want to do it all the time, but every now and then a day or two to just leisurely enjoy it alone is very nice for me. I do some attractions, I do a lot of walking, and I do more people watching. I also love taking pictures, which sometimes I don't get to do when I'm with a group. I also enjoy taking pictures for others - you know the people who have a group, but someone always has to take the picture?!! We have lots of great memories in our own pictures. Sometimes helping someone else with a keepsake is a nice way to spend a minute or 2!

So I'm with most of the other posters here - enjoy yourself for a couple days!!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: