Quantcast Want to go in October/November, but can you swim during those times?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Want to go in October/November, but can you swim during those times?

I am just curious for now, we want to go the next time in November or October for food and wine but I was wondering can you even swim outside in Florida during those times of the year? Or is the pool heated enough at the deluxe resorts?
    Next trip - Sep29-Oct4! Free QS dining at POP. First trip with both kids. (6th total visit)
    "In dreams you will lose your heartache"

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We have gone in January many times (stayed at FW) & have gone swimming. I think it depends on where you are coming from. We live in Chicago, so the weather in Florida is balmy-even in January! Also, the pools are heated. Getting out is a little cold though!
    1987-off site (Honeymoon)
    1992-off site (5/3 yr. old)
    1995/97/99 FW
    2000-WL
    2001/02/03 -FW
    2005-FW
    2008-FW(still camping w/the kids)
    2009-WL (No Kids!)
    2011-WL
    2012-WL (25th Anniv)
    2015-POFQ
    2017-30th Anniv trip w/kids & grandkids! MK for a day!
    2018-FW in OCT! (camping with MOOSE)

Post Thanks / Like

All the pools on Disney property are heated. We have been several times in October and have always spent time at the pool.

Kristin
    Momma to two sweet boys: Myers and Jacob
    36 trips and counting!

Post Thanks / Like

I was at AS-sp in Dec 2010 and the temp was 36F/2C. People were swimming. I believe all the WDW pools are heated to around 83F/25C. Tepid bath water temp.

My suggestion; if it is cold out, have a designated shower person. Have them go to the room 5 minutes before you get out of the pool and turn on the shower in your room, open the hotel door and wait for you to run in.
    Sean
    DL - '72, '74
    WDW - '84, '85, '86, Honeymoon '90, '93, '96, '00, '01, '03, '04, 2x '05, '06, 2x '10, 2x '11, 10x'12, 2x '13
    Booked for February 22-27

Post Thanks / Like

We've been twice in December - both times there have been days that have been good for swimming, and days that weren't. I don't think I would have been comfortable doing a day at the Waterparks either time. I think October and November are quite a bit warmer, though.

Post Thanks / Like

We just went the first of February and the kids swam. The pools feel like bath water, though it was chilly when they got out. Never been in October but we went the end of September once and it was in the 90's, so thinking you should be fine there. Have fun!
    [I]Hello. We are the Bradshaws. And We are Disneyholics.

September 2000- Music
    June 2004- Pop
    June 2006- Movies
    February 2008- Offsite (Won't Do That Again!)
    May 2009- First Ever Disney Camping Trip!
    June 2011- Pop
    Feb 2012- Sports
    Dec 2012- Movies
    May 2014- Pop

Post Thanks / Like

We've been in early/mid November and it was totally warm enough for swimming.

The pools are heated, but even the "getting out" part wasn't too bad.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

We went during the big freeze duriing the marathon weekend in January 2010. Even though temps were in the 20's, people were still swimming at POFQ.

Post Thanks / Like

Last December we swam almost every day.

Temps were in the upper 70's, pool was 82 degrees and comfortable.

I'd say October/November will be almost guaranteed good swimming weather.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

We went once for Halloween, temps in the high 70s/80s everyday!
    Jill

14 visits (WDW)
    Offsite: Caribe Royale,Best Western
    On: POFQ, CBR, BC, WL, Dolphin

BelleBeauty Guest

Weather in Orlando is tricky to predict, but we were there in November and didn't even need sweaters at night. We could have swam during the day (we hit the parks instead) but did swim one night. Pools are heated to bath water temperature so you can always swim. We've been in December in the pool as well.

Post Thanks / Like

We have been for Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas and swam on each of those trips. Actually we were just there for Christmas and could have swam every day of our trip. It was around 75 and sunny every day.

Come to think about it, my kids have swam on just about every trip we've been on at all times of the year, Jan., Feb., March, May, June, Oct., Nov., and Dec.

To be honest, there have been days on some trips that were just to cold to be comfortable swimming, and those days can happen in Nov., Dec., Jan., Feb., and even March. Perhaps even in Oct. if an early cold front comes in. But typically we've never seen temps that cold throughout an entire trip. We've had trips where we could swim one day, then a few days later we were in coats in the parks. Even with a cool front, you should be able to get a few swim days in.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

You can swim in October without a doubt. It will still be summer in Orlando and can be quite hot. Pools are heated so swimming in November is possible, but I don't like to. You do eventually have to get out of the warm water into the cool air and traipse back to your room all wet and cold. With kids it's usually not an option. There will be plenty of people swimming in November so I **** it up and get in.
    Michelle

Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.

Post Thanks / Like

Have been many times in Oct. and the weather is warm. Inclement weather can happen any time of the year, but Oct. is our favorite time to go. Never been in Nov. but as stated earlier, the pools are heated.
    [COLOR=DarkRed]Paula[/

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: