Quantcast WDW Weather Forecast - February 29-March 16, 2012

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default WDW Weather Forecast - February 29-March 16, 2012

I'll update this first post each day with the forecast (though I'll occasionally miss Sundays), both long and short term. As a general rule, up to 7 days is a pretty accurate forecast, beyond that it's educated guessing and largely dependent upon how well the models are doing at that moment, which is why I call it "voodooland." If you have any specific weather questions or comments, even if it's for an area other than WDW, please post and I'll answer throughout the thread. I'll also post weather tidbits every so often. If you want to see the exact conditions for your travel dates over the last few years, go to our historic weather page in Info Central here. Without further delay, let's get to the forecast:

Weather at WDW - Updated Wednesday pm, February 29, 2012
    It's going to feel almost like we skipped spring and went to summer these next few days. Today through Saturday highs will run 84-86, and lows around 65, with a slight chance of a pop up shower in the afternoon. A front will move in on Sunday bringing showers and thunderstorms. Right now it looks like mostly a morning event, but we'll need to give it a couple of more days to get the timing down. The high, with the rain, should be 71-73. Monday will bounce back to 74-76, then Tuesday and Wednesday will be back to around 80 with a slight chance of sea breeze showers. Most of those stay along the coast, but it's always possible one will drift inland.

Long range...March 8 looks dry and in the low 80s. March 9-10 present an interesting scenario. The models all show a front moving southward on those days, but several of the more reliable ones show the front hitting the high and stalling over north Florida. This would mean a lot of rain and thunderstorms for places like Jacksonville and Tallahassee, maybe even Gainesville, but Orlando would stay dry. This is still voodooland so we'll just need to keep an eye on it for the time being. March 11-16 doesn't show any significant rain for WDW with highs staying mostly in the upper 70s to low 80s.

Travel Impact
    At noon we have low visibility creating delays in Philadelphia and NYC. The severe weather over KY and TN is the main issue right now and will be the rest of the day. For tomorrow, TN, AR, MO, and MS will be the places to watch for delays.

Any of you who are nervous about flying, especially related to turbulence, go here and here to learn a lot about turbulence. Those two articles should be very helpful in allowing you to understand turbulence and flight safety when it hits. Hopefully all of this will help you relax and enjoy the trip to WDW more!
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

oh my, our dates are now in voodooland! yippy, time to obsess over the weather again, although anything other than snow, snow and wind will be great!

Post Thanks / Like

I can almost guarantee the snow won't happen and it'll be warmer than home.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wdw Weather Forcaster

Thanks Strmchsr for your "right on" weather forcasting, we were there Feb2-7 and I checked
    your forcast daily a week or so before we arrived and as you predicted we had awesome weather, couldn't have been better. You are better than any other forcaster I have seen.

Post Thanks / Like

My pleasure. Thanks for your kind words. I'm glad you had a great trip!
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

Hi chris, this is a bit of a tangent but was wondering your opinion on an apparent east coast storm brewing sun/mon and a potential impact on NL (st john's) for mon/tues? Probably to early to know for sure but neverto early for me to worry. Travelling on the 21st and potential weather issues as usual!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mickeyman42 View Post
    Hi chris, this is a bit of a tangent but was wondering your opinion on an apparent east coast storm brewing sun/mon and a potential impact on NL (st john's) for mon/tues? Probably to early to know for sure but neverto early for me to worry. Travelling on the 21st and potential weather issues as usual!
    Right now I think the worst of the storm for Sunday/Monday will be Baltimore and south. Most models keep the track of the low in such a way that it shouldn't bother you in a major way. The second system on Wednesday the 22nd looks like more of an issue. As you said, impossible to say for sure as this will all depend on the exact track of the low, but right now it looks okay for you.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

I know it's still a bit too early to tell, but how bad do you think it's going to be in Baltimore?
    May '06 - offsite
    Dec. '07 - Poly
    Feb. '09 - WL
    Oct. '09 - CBR
    May '10 - POFQ/AKL
    Oct. '10 - BWI
    Jan./Feb. '11 - All Star Music
    March '12 - Poly
    Dec. '12 - Pop Century
    April '13 - Disneyland!
    Nov '13 - 1st Disney Cruise!
    June '14 - All Star Sports

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Suz36 View Post
    I know it's still a bit too early to tell, but how bad do you think it's going to be in Baltimore?
    At the moment, it looks like the track of the storm will keep the worst south of Baltimore. I think Baltimore will get some snow and wind, but nothing too bad.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

Well we're flying tuesday suppertime so lets hope it keeps veering out to the south! Thanks chris

Post Thanks / Like

Oh no! What kind of delays do you anticipate in GA? My flight tomorrow morning connects in Atlanta... just wondering what I should be prepared for. Any thoughts appreciated!
    Many trips as a child!
    March 2006 - POR
    August 2007 - POP
    May 2008 - ASMu
    February 2009 - Offsite
    May 2010 - SSR
    February 2012 - SSR
    August 2012 - CSR
    October 2013 - CSR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Julie_Mouse View Post
    Oh no! What kind of delays do you anticipate in GA? My flight tomorrow morning connects in Atlanta... just wondering what I should be prepared for. Any thoughts appreciated!
    The greatest delay risk will be in the morning with thunderstorms. It doesn't look too bad, though. No cancellations or anything like that. Right now it looks like the heaviest stuff will be through early in the morning with just lighter stuff than won't cause any problems coming later in the morning and afternoon. Since you'll have to fly over a front, be prepared for some turbulence.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info!
    Many trips as a child!
    March 2006 - POR
    August 2007 - POP
    May 2008 - ASMu
    February 2009 - Offsite
    May 2010 - SSR
    February 2012 - SSR
    August 2012 - CSR
    October 2013 - CSR

Post Thanks / Like

I have seen March 2nd - 6th back and forth with temps and chance of showers/rain (saw this on another site). If there is rain do you expect it to last or be heavy? I know its still 7+ days away but you seem to always be on target!
    DisneyBarb

Poly 2016
    Poly 2015
    Beach Club 2014
    offsite- - Disneyland 2013
    Poly 2013
    Poly 2012
    Poly 2010
    Poly 2009
    Poly 2007
    Poly 2005
    Contemporary 2004
    WL 2003
    Poly 2003
    CB 1990
    Poly 1988
    off site 1983, 1980, 1978, 1971

Go Pats!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBarb View Post
    I have seen March 2nd - 6th back and forth with temps and chance of showers/rain (saw this on another site). If there is rain do you expect it to last or be heavy? I know its still 7+ days away but you seem to always be on target!
    Thanks! None of the systems for the next few days look like big rain events. The only big rain event looming is March 8 and even that is way out in voodooland. So, I don't think you have too much to worry about with those dates right now. We'll have to watch the March 4 storm to see if it has enough moisture to bring any rain, but even so it looks like it should move out pretty quickly.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks!! I will be watching your forecast closely for the next week! I hope your mom has a speedy recovery!
    DisneyBarb

Poly 2016
    Poly 2015
    Beach Club 2014
    offsite- - Disneyland 2013
    Poly 2013
    Poly 2012
    Poly 2010
    Poly 2009
    Poly 2007
    Poly 2005
    Contemporary 2004
    WL 2003
    Poly 2003
    CB 1990
    Poly 1988
    off site 1983, 1980, 1978, 1971

Go Pats!

Post Thanks / Like

Prayers & For your mom, Chris! Hope everything works out OK!!!
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: