Quantcast Best Adult Disney Activities

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Best Adult Disney Activities

My GF and I and also another couple are heading to DW in June, staying at the Yacht Club. We were wondering what other peoples choices are for adult disney activities? We get a cooler and drink at the pool and just relax some days and hop around the parks others. We def do EPCOT and drinks around the world too! What do others do?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We've done the Segway Tour at Epcot and Ft. Wilderness - it was a lot of fun.
    23 times since 1993 and still counting

Post Thanks / Like

You are staying near this place- Jellyrolls. It's at the end of the Boardwalk pretty close to Yacht. It's a dueling piano bar and it is open at night. There is a cover, it was $12 per person when we were there but no drink minimum. We went for the first time just a few weeks ago. We've not been able to before because we are usually there with the kids. This time it was just us. It was really fun. Lots of familiar songs and the busier the place got, the more fun it was too. Definitely go one night. They played requests from classics like the Eagle's Hotel California to Enter Sandman/Metallica (yes on piano). Fun! I don't know what time it opens. I think we got there around 9:30 ish and there wasn't alot of people there, but the place filled up pretty quickly after that.
    Trips: Too Many to Count! Last Trips: April 2013 CSR; July 2013 Aloha Aulani, The Sequel, Hawaii. Multiple trips to WDW, DL, DCL!

Coming up: September 2013 "Scary September" at Disneyland/DCA/Universal Hollywood.

Proud DVC Members since 2004!

Post Thanks / Like

We are in our 20's and def love going to Disney. I live in Chicago, and love planning trips. We find that some young couples don't realize that Disney World can be fun for young couples.
    We do wish that Pleasure Island was open, but we go to City Walk sometimes too.
    When it comes to hotels, we love the Y&B, but also want to stay at the Poly.
    The moderates just don't have as much to offer.

Post Thanks / Like

We've done dinner at V&A's. We did the Keys to the Kingdom tour. Had cocktails at the GF and listened to the band play. Went on rides and were able to sit together instead of one of us being in another row.
    74 Off Site
    98 Contemporary & DCL inaugural cruise
    99 Dixie Landings
    00 Dixie Landings
    01 POR & DCL
    02 AKL & DCL
    03 VB
    04 DL GC
    05 ASSp, VWL, GF
    06 POFQ, CSR, OKW
    07 ASMo & VWL
    08 Pop VWL
    09 BW, POR, VWL, CSR
    10 WL
    12 VWL, AKL Club
    13 VWL, WL Club

Post Thanks / Like

DBF and I did the Dolphins in Depth at Epcot this year

We also are a couple, both not so young but young enough. We go to Disney without kids as well.

We also spend time at ESPN Club have a few pitchers with our favorite bartender Gina And watch the live radio show they do there in ESPN.

We love going to Downtown Disney, we still have yet to do the Cirque show but that is on our list to do. We have dinner at house of blues, shop along DTD while drinking our lovely margaritas and long island iced teas we just picked up along the way. There's always watching the magic shows and acts along the boardwalk at night, we love strolling a long the boardwalk at night, we find it very romantic If I can think of more I will reply again. My brain seems to be on meltdown this morning.
    ~*~Tonya~*~

1st = 1992
    ASMo = Jan. 6-12 '07
    POP = Jan 5-11 '08
    BWV = Jan 6-16 '09
    BCV = Jan 12-22 '10
    BWV = Jan. 21-29 '11
    BWV = Jan. 21-28 '12
    BWV = Dec. 8-15 '12
    BCV/BWV=Jan. 24-Feb. 1 '14
    BWV = Jan. 16-24 '15
    BWV = Jan. 29-Feb. 6 '16
    BWV = Jan. 20-28 '17
    BWV = Jan. 26-Feb. 3 '18

Post Thanks / Like

ukyrob28, welcome to INTERCOT!
    Steve (aka brownie)
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations & Mousellaneous
    ASMv 4/00, 10/01, 11/03, 5/21
    ASMu 8/12, 11-12/22
    AKL 6/18
    BC 9/94
    CSR 8/14, 3-4/22
    POP 11-12/10, 3/12, 10/12, 7/17, 4/22
    POFQ 10/01
    POR 9/04, 1/16, 11/19
    WL 12/03
    Disneyland 6/07, 1/15
    Disney Dream 8/14

Post Thanks / Like

We always try to go to Fantasia Gardens mini putt by Swan. They have beer there also. Go to any resort by MK and rent their mini speed boats. Atlantic dance has no cover charge, so if you don't like it, it didn't cost you anything but time.
    3/82 3/85 3/88 3/91-offsite
    4/92 Poly
    5/01 Coronado
    5/02 Yacht
    5/04 Yacht
    5/05 PO RS
    11/05 PO FQ
    5/06 Yacht
    5/07 WL
    5/08 AS Music 10/08 Dolphin
    5/09 Contemp 10/09 Boardwalk Villa
    5/10 Contemp-Atrium 10/10 Beach
    5/11 Contemp 10/11 Yacht
    5/12 Yacht cl 10/12 Dolphin
    4/13 Yacht cl

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the welcome! I have come here for a long time, just the first time I have posted!
    We are counting down the days until we can get out of the Loop in Chicago and head to WDW!

Post Thanks / Like

Cocktails around the monorail resort. Much more relaxing and less negative connotations than drinking around EPCOT.

Post Thanks / Like

We have no kids and go all the time to WDW. Our pace is definfitely different than families with kids! We tend to stay up late, sleep in, have a late breakfast or earl lunch, go for a swim, then head out to the parks for late afternoon and evening. We always do the dining plan and try to book some nice places like California Grill and Artist Point.

We love evening extra magic hours, mini golf (especially Winter Summerland), Jellyrolls, Yehaa Bob at the River Roost bar at Port Orleans Riverside, downtown Disney shopping after dark, long walks around our resort, watching the MK fireworks from the beach at The Polynesian, movies and campfire at Fort Wilderness, walking around Fort Wilderness (and seeing all of the amazing RVs that people have) and simple boat or monorail rides. We keep going back to WDW because it is good value for the $ and we are shift workers and up late, and it is one of the few vacation places where we aren't bored at night (eg. Compared to an all inclusive in Cuba, Mexico etc).
    Haunted Mansion Girl
    1990 & 1992 Off Site
    2002 & 2003 Fort Wilderness
    2004 Disney Wonder & Fort Wilderness
    2005, 2008, 2011 & 2013 Riverside
    2006 & 2008 Pop
    2009 Disneyland
    2011, 2013 & 2014 Coronado Springs
    2012 CB Pirate Room
    2015 POR
    2016 June & Oct Off Site
    2017 Sept Coronado!

Post Thanks / Like

Sushi and Drinks at California Grill and stepping onto the roof balcony to watch the fireworks at Magic Kingdom. There's a good evening!

Post Thanks / Like

The festival of the Lion King was a very good show, as was the finding Nemo show, both of which DW and I enjoyed more than the kids.
    Haven't done any of the guided tours, but would really like to when kids are older or when grandparents go to the world with us!
    Now as far as La Nouba (Cirque de Soleil), at DTD, I was at first EXTREMELY put off by the ticket prices, but after seeing it, I would do it again in a heartbeat!! A truly world class show!! If theres any railroad fans out there, Disney also offers somekind of tour of their steam engines. Have fun!

Post Thanks / Like

the house of blues is a good choice! also,We love having a nice dinner at Wolfgang Puck's or Bongos, then catching a show (La Nouba or HoB)... we also enjoy an evening balloon ride on Characters in Flight!
    I love Walt Disney World!!!!! :)
    A Happy Visitor since 1974!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I echo the recommendation about the Segway tour. That was lots of fun.

Post Thanks / Like

I will second the Characters in Flight. It is very romantic, especially at night. We also enjoy the boat ride from DTD to POFQ, grab some Beniegs and then back to DTD.

Enjoy!
    Debbie
    Feb 87- off site/Nov 98-Poly
    98- Disney Magic Inaugural Cruise
    Jul 03-off site
    Sept 05/Aug. 11/Nov '20 -Pop Nov 08-POR
    Aug 09/May 10-ASMu
    Nov. 09-Disneyland/California Adv.
    Aug. 12- OKW
    Aug 13 SS
    Oct 14 AKL/AoA
    Oct. 18 POP
    Aug 19- Movies

Post Thanks / Like

We went for years sans kids and loved it! The drinks around the monorail resorts is a must do! Start with dinner at one of the resorts and then stop by the Cali Grill (if that's not where you had dinner...) around fireworks time and see if you can get in at the bar, get a drink and watch the fireworks from the restaurant or balcony, hop back on (or stop at the Wave which has GREAT mojitos!) and get a fruity drink at Poly. Lots of fun! Someday we'll go again without the kids...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dizneydeb22 View Post
    I will second the Characters in Flight. It is very romantic, especially at night. We also enjoy the boat ride from DTD to POFQ, grab some Beniegs and then back to DTD.

Enjoy!
    Pick up a hurricane and check out the band at POFQ too - last time we stayed there they were lots of fun!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tdk316 View Post
    Pick up a hurricane and check out the band at POFQ too - last time we stayed there they were lots of fun!
    I will second that!!!

And also echo the call for Characters in Flight.

I've heard good things about Raglan Road for more adult entertainment but have not tried it out myself.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tdk316 View Post
    Thanks for the suggestion! Can't wait to try it.
    Debbie
    Feb 87- off site/Nov 98-Poly
    98- Disney Magic Inaugural Cruise
    Jul 03-off site
    Sept 05/Aug. 11/Nov '20 -Pop Nov 08-POR
    Aug 09/May 10-ASMu
    Nov. 09-Disneyland/California Adv.
    Aug. 12- OKW
    Aug 13 SS
    Oct 14 AKL/AoA
    Oct. 18 POP
    Aug 19- Movies