Quantcast Just back from Disneyland, Universal,Vegas

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default Just back from Disneyland, Universal,Vegas

stayed at Park Vue, which was a great location and decent place. Id stay there again
    Disneyland was busy on the wkend. I dont know that I would go back again, but wanted to see the original and compare it to WDW.
    Ca Adventure Id compare to Animal Kingdom, in that a day is enough id say.
    Universal had some good things.
    If anyone has a question on my trip I will anwer, but it doesnt look like many trip reports are posted here so I wont elaborate more
    BC 2
    WL CL 1
    AKL 4
    SOG 3
    POFQ 3
    POR 2
    CSR 4
    CBR 2
    Asp 3
    AS m 2
    POP 7
    12-13 WL CSR ASM
    3-14 POR, AS s Dolphin
    6-14 Us CSR
    1-14 Unv
    6-15 WL, SSR.
    11- 15. AOA, OKw
    7 16..CSR, FW, AKL, POR
    7 17..ASM, CSR, WL AKL club POP
    8 18 As sports, Pop
    DL 9-19
    DVC WL, CSR and idk 10-20

Post Thanks / Like

We have been to DL twice now and WDW multiple times. I found each to be special in its own way. What I loved about DL was being able to walk from one park to the other. We also liked that we could do most everything there in 4 days at a slower pace and relax. When we are at WDW for 9 days we still leave with a list we didnt get done..We also liked that we could leave the parks to eat at a restaurant across the street. DL has rides that WDW doesnt and vice versa. We love them both.
    TRACEY

Post Thanks / Like

Well, you got to see a lot of construction at DCA! Hopefully you will be able to return some day when Carsland and the new Buena Vista street entrance area are complete. What a difference that will make.

Glad you had an enjoyable time. And we would love to hear more about your trip if you feel like sharing. Don't let the sparseness of trip reports stop you. Honestly there are a lot of us that do day trips to Disneyland rather than full on vacations so we tend to post by individual comments in categories rather than in the trip report section.
    Linda aka tinkwest
    INTERCOT Staff ~ Disneyland Resort

Come On Everybody - Here We Go!!

“To all who come to this happy place: Welcome. ...”

Support our INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

well for me it was a long flight from east to west. as opposed to a little over 2 hrs to Orlando.
    i did like being able to walk across street from Park Vue to Disneyland, CA adventure,DD.
    and i found it interesting to see how they did things w the limited space. i like ambiance,etc, not just the fast rides. i saw the firepole walt slid down from his apartment in the firehall, interesting facts in the area of Mr Lincoln, the dioramas on the railroad, walking up in Sleeping Beautys castle and seeing the story, the Pirates of C ride better than WDW, found it intersting that so much space was allocated to Small World and it was better than WDW. Space Mt was better. HM elevator in the stretching room.. ques are better in WDW.
    CA adventure wasnt that great but i did like the smoothness of Ca Screaming and Monsters Inc was interesting for a ride. I like World of Color and noticed the music in the beginning was like the TV show, waiting for the show was bad though.
    at ate Cafe Orleans, Pommes Frite was good, ate at all u can eat BBQ place at DL..was ok, Cm was nice. ate at Mexican place at DD...service was not the greatest, food ok.
    walked thru Grand Californian...I think WL at WDW is better.
    La traffic is crazy. drove to Universal which had some of the same things as Orlando, and some diff things. The Mummy ride was like....thats it? the tram ride was good, Simpsons and Terminator were the same. i sorta like Citywalk better in Hollywood.
    Its not that i didnt like it totally, i did like seeing the original and how they worked things. just that i would go back to WDW again before DL, and I want to see the other Disneyparks.
    BC 2
    WL CL 1
    AKL 4
    SOG 3
    POFQ 3
    POR 2
    CSR 4
    CBR 2
    Asp 3
    AS m 2
    POP 7
    12-13 WL CSR ASM
    3-14 POR, AS s Dolphin
    6-14 Us CSR
    1-14 Unv
    6-15 WL, SSR.
    11- 15. AOA, OKw
    7 16..CSR, FW, AKL, POR
    7 17..ASM, CSR, WL AKL club POP
    8 18 As sports, Pop
    DL 9-19
    DVC WL, CSR and idk 10-20

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for sharing! I love reading trip reports and am glad you exanded on yours a bit. I love both Disneyland and WDW, they are each special! And each have their pros and cons. You should head back to Disneyland again in a couple years and see CA finished. From the looks of it, it will be worth the trip again! I believe Universal is starting updates there and adding in new rides too.
    Dreaming of Disney World every day, until I can get back there again!
    Disneyland at least a dozen times growing up!
    July 1997- Wilderness Lodge (HS Graduation)
    December 2009 & 2010- POP Century (7th & 8th Wedding Anniversaries)
    November 2011, April 2012, October 2012, January 2013 Disneyland

Post Thanks / Like

I dont think i will go back to Dl...unless gf wants to.
    i saw it and would like to see Tokyo but idt i can ever afford it. so prob will stick to WDW since its closer and bigger
    BC 2
    WL CL 1
    AKL 4
    SOG 3
    POFQ 3
    POR 2
    CSR 4
    CBR 2
    Asp 3
    AS m 2
    POP 7
    12-13 WL CSR ASM