Quantcast DVC and taxes

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: DVC and taxes

Post Thanks / Like

Default DVC and taxes

Hi everyone!!

We are fairly new to DVC..we joined in May 2011. I have a quick question regarding our income taxes. We normally have already filled our taxes...but i'm waiting because I do not know if I am suppose to be recieving something that I need to included in our tax filing? Can anyone help out with this??? I would really appriciate it. Thanks in advance..
    Sam
    DVC owner at SSR/AKL
    Past Trips:
    POP: 4/15-23 08, 1/27-2/4 09, 12/2-12 09
    AKL SV: 4/25-5/4 12

Disneyland Hotel: 9/29-10/2,12/2-4 2011
    Upcoming:
    GCA 4/19-21 2013 Dream/WDW Oct 16th-26th 2013

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Any mortgage interest is probably tax deductible, and possibly property tax... Check with your tax professional.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, as always with taxes, everyone's situation is different. We do not own a second home, other than DVC, so we can deduct the property taxes.

Post Thanks / Like

Really, I was told regardless how many homes you 'own'...that property taxes on DVC are not allowable...you should double-check that information...there is a reason why you don't receive tax documents from DVC as you do from your mortgage company. Paperwork that you get from what is included in your 'maintenance' fees are not considered tax documents. I can't comment on the 'mortgage interest' thing as we didn't finance our DVC, but if you get the document statement from your finance company showing the interest you may be able to claim. Interest and penalties are steep, so be careful...daughter got caught three years after filing on a mistake she made (she had tax taken out, but didn't put the expense on her income tax as she figured that she paid the tax, but there was another part that didn't get paid) and she paid almost double the tax owing once interest and penalty costs were added.
    Pirate Granny

October 2020 — 3 nights OKW, 3 nights Poly Lakeview and 1 night BWV studios
    November 2020 — BRV studio 9 nights
    December 2020 entire family GV OKW
    December 2020 January 2021 BCV studio

OH YEAH BABY !!! Proud owners at OKW + BCV + BRV + RR

Post Thanks / Like

Really, I was told regardless how many homes you 'own'...that property taxes on DVC are not allowable...you should double-check that information...there is a reason why you don't receive tax documents from DVC as you do from your mortgage company. Paperwork that you get from what is included in your 'maintenance' fees are not considered tax documents.
    I'm confused with this statement. You do receive a tax document on property tax for DVC...
    ~*~Tonya~*~

1st = 1992
    ASMo = Jan. 6-12 '07
    POP = Jan 5-11 '08
    BWV = Jan 6-16 '09
    BCV = Jan 12-22 '10
    BWV = Jan. 21-29 '11
    BWV = Jan. 21-28 '12
    BWV = Dec. 8-15 '12
    BCV/BWV=Jan. 24-Feb. 1 '14
    BWV = Jan. 16-24 '15
    BWV = Jan. 29-Feb. 6 '16
    BWV = Jan. 20-28 '17
    BWV = Jan. 26-Feb. 3 '18

Post Thanks / Like

I receive tax documents this weekend for BLT and SSR... It is mortgage interest, not property tax... I NEVER receive a tax form detailing my property tax for my income tax filings...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerbellT421 View Post
    I'm confused with this statement. You do receive a tax document on property tax for DVC...
    Me too. My DVC statement details the amount paid towards property maintenance, dues, etc as well as the exact amount that was paid for real estate taxes.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by faline View Post
    Me too. My DVC statement details the amount paid towards property maintenance, dues, etc as well as the exact amount that was paid for real estate taxes.
    You do if (and only if) you financed your purchase through Disney.

That's the only way your interest is tax deductible, so those who paid cash or financed in other ways wouldn't get a statement.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by faline View Post
    Exactly, I was so confused at first because I was thinking I was just staring at my real estate tax statement yesterday lol

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post

That's the only way your interest is tax deductible, so those who paid cash or financed in other ways wouldn't get a statement.
    We did finance through Disney. But even if you financed through disney or not you are still responsible for real estate taxes, so wouldn't you still receive a real estate tax statement?
    ~*~Tonya~*~

1st = 1992
    ASMo = Jan. 6-12 '07
    POP = Jan 5-11 '08
    BWV = Jan 6-16 '09
    BCV = Jan 12-22 '10
    BWV = Jan. 21-29 '11
    BWV = Jan. 21-28 '12
    BWV = Dec. 8-15 '12
    BCV/BWV=Jan. 24-Feb. 1 '14
    BWV = Jan. 16-24 '15
    BWV = Jan. 29-Feb. 6 '16
    BWV = Jan. 20-28 '17
    BWV = Jan. 26-Feb. 3 '18

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post

Ian, help me out here buddy... I received two forms this weekend, Form 1098, which shows only my mortgage interest... I financed through Disney.. What form is the property tax paid for 2011 listed on???

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

Between the Port of Indecision and Southwest of Disorder
    Post Thanks / Like

This information appears on your annual dues statement -it is not a Federal "Tax" form. Not sure about everyone else, but ours worked out to about $1.00/point owned. I'm not sure under what circumstance that this would be deductible.
    Hi Neighbor! Have a 'Gansett.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Gan, didn't noticed the 2011 property tax amount on that form.. I saw the 2012 estimate and how much is due this year in dues and put it away (of course, dues went up, did I expect differently???)... LOL...

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: