Quantcast Cinderella's Royal Table - Honeymoon

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cinderella's Royal Table - Honeymoon

Has anyone had a honeymoon celebration dinner at Cinderella's Royal Table? My son, his new wife and stepson will be going to WDW with myself, my hubby and my daughter to celebrate their honeymoon this summer. His dad and I would like to get reservations for them to have a nice dinner. We always do quick service meals and have done a few character meals, so we really don't know anything about signature dining. I have been asking around about the best place for them to have a romantic dinner. I have gotten suggestions, but the more I think about it, I think they would love to have dinner in the castle! I just think that would be magical for them. Has anyone ever done this? Was it special? Can you watch Wishes from there? That is my son's favorite thing to do while visiting WDW and I would love to make it even more special for them.

Thanks in advance for any responses.
    '92 Port Orleans, '94 Condo/Off Site, '97 All Star Sports, '01 All Star Movies, '04 Pop Century, '07 Off Site, '07 All Star Music, '09 April Pop Century, '10 Pop Century, '12 All Star Sports,'14 AoA, '15 POP, '17 POP
    "A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes When You're Fast Asleep." Cinderella

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a friend who proposed to his wife there. The restaurant helped him prepare a dessert shaped like a glass slipper and the ring was on it. Don't know about anniversaries though. If he can afford it, I think Victoria and Albert's would be awesome.

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

We had dinner there on our honeymoon, and they made it quite special (decorated the table, the champagne flutes, etc).

It was perfect for us, DH had proposed in front of the castle and it just seemed perfect.

But, it wasn't a super romantic dinner, it is still the castle and still filled with kids and princesses.

Our most romantic dinner (crazy as it sounds) was probably at Rose & Crown, out on the patio, watching Illuminations (and closing the place down) and walking back through and empty Epcot.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

If they love it there, go for it.

For me, it would be one of the least romantic places to enjoy a meal. Not the best food, lots of kids, no champagne toast. I would go to California Grill or Narcoossee's for the views, atmosphere, great service, good food, and wine, even views of Wishes.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Great experience but definitely not romantic. We went for my 30th bday and they decorated the table and brought out dessert but the place is full of children (to be expected) and I remember it being loud with average food.

Just don't go in expecting a quiet romantic candle light dinner.
    Sep '15 - VWL/3 night Cruise on Dream
    Jan '15 - BLT and Vero Beach
    Jan '14 - Disneyland Hotel
    Sept '13 - AKL
    Jun '13 - Pop Century
    Dec '12 - Saratoga Springs
    Feb '12 - Port Orleans FQ
    '10 - AS Music
    '08 - Pop Century
    '05 - Contemporary
    '03 - Carribean Beach
    '96 - offsite
    '95 - offsite

Post Thanks / Like

I have had others tell me that it probably would not be romantic, because there are a lot of kids. I was just thinking that it would be magical because of it being in the castle. We just really wanted it to be special. I want it to be something they will always remember.

I do appreciate everyone's suggestions.

I have heard so many wonderful things about V&A, but I honestly don't know if we can afford that one for them.

I have also heard that California Grill would be nice, because you CAN see the Wishes fireworks from there. Can you make special requests for honeymooners there?
    '92 Port Orleans, '94 Condo/Off Site, '97 All Star Sports, '01 All Star Movies, '04 Pop Century, '07 Off Site, '07 All Star Music, '09 April Pop Century, '10 Pop Century, '12 All Star Sports,'14 AoA, '15 POP, '17 POP

Post Thanks / Like

We just ate there on our DISNEYmoon this past December.

Nothing special was done there that wasn't done during any other celebration (ate there on our engagement celebration in oct 2010 as well)

They decorated the table, gave us a window seat and served us VERY subpar food for the price we paid.

I would whole heartedly spend the money on an ADR (also 2TS if on the dining plan) and get a reservation at the California grill about 45mins before the fireworks are scheduled.

We got a champaign toast there, a special dessert and a window seat for the fireworks...on top of a DELICIOUS meal.

Sorry... I gave CRT two attempts and found the food to be lacking. From now on if we want princess meal we go to 1TS akershus...

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell615 View Post
    I have also heard that California Grill would be nice, because you CAN see the Wishes fireworks from there. Can you make special requests for honeymooners there?
    Just note it on our ADR that its their honeymoon.... CG will take care of the rest It was my most favorite DISNEYmoon meal.... and we ate at CRT, Narcoosee, Yachtsmans, CG as signature places.
    ** Engagement Trip: 10/9/10 - 10/18/110 - (Fountains)
    ** Honeymoon Trip: 12/9/11 - 12/14/11 (POLY) & 12/14/11 - 12/19/11 (BWI)
    ** Two Year Anniversary w/ family: 11/8/13 - 11/17/13(Fountains)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by brivers222 View Post
    We just ate there on our DISNEYmoon this past December.

Nothing special was done there that wasn't done during any other celebration (ate there on our engagement celebration in oct 2010 as well)

They decorated the table, gave us a window seat and served us VERY subpar food for the price we paid.

I would whole heartedly spend the money on an ADR (also 2TS if on the dining plan) and get a reservation at the California grill about 45mins before the fireworks are scheduled.

We got a champaign toast there, a special dessert and a window seat for the fireworks...on top of a DELICIOUS meal.

Sorry... I gave CRT two attempts and found the food to be lacking. From now on if we want princess meal we go to 1TS akershus...

Just note it on our ADR that its their honeymoon.... CG will take care of the rest It was my most favorite DISNEYmoon meal.... and we ate at CRT, Narcoosee, Yachtsmans, CG as signature places.
    Thank you so much! CG it might have to be! Did you get to see the fireworks? Can you actually hear the music also?

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you so much! CG it might have to be! Did you get to see the fireworks? Can you actually hear the music also?
    yes they dim the lights and pipe in the music as if you were actually there. Before we were seated (the lady at the check-in desk said they couldn't guarantee a window seat... I tried to ask there too lol) we went out on the observation deck (amazing sight there too if you don't get a window seat) to prepare for viewing. then when our table was ready the seater said you have obviously seen our observation deck but from your seats this wont be needed.

She was right... right on the glass and we had the perfect view of the fireworks!!!

after that meal we went on a Christmas Sleigh Ride through Fort Wilderness camp grounds to top off the night... But that is only during Xmas time

Post Thanks / Like

I had actually even e-mailed CRT special events to see what they do for your honeymoon, but I think I have decided not to do that now. I hope they don't get too angry! They haven't responded yet, but when they do I am going to tell them I have decided against it.

Is it best to call to make the reservation? I don't see anywhere online where you can put in the special event.

Post Thanks / Like

What about O'Hana for a late dinner? Tropical setting and with a window seat, you will be able to see Wishes!!!

I think this would be better than CRT as it cost $60 pp (with a lot of kids) there instead of about $35 at O'Hana (less kids, more romantic).

Post Thanks / Like

I had actually even e-mailed CRT special events to see what they do for your honeymoon, but I think I have decided not to do that now. I hope they don't get too angry! They haven't responded yet, but when they do I am going to tell them I have decided against it.

Is it best to call to make the reservation? I don't see anywhere online where you can put in the special event.
    I did all of mine online to ensure my special event was recorded. After you get your ADR confirmation page at the bottom is a section where you can add a celebration to your meal. I think you can add like 4 different celebrations to one meal. For instance this october we are going for our 1 year anniversary as well as my Aunt-in-laws first visit. so each ADR will have two seperate celebrations under it. They also ask you to "tell us about the special guest" where you can include peoples names for each celebration.

Oh and don't worry about them being angry... In the end its nothing more than a business... you say no, someone else will most doubtedly say yes lol.... they don't really care

Post Thanks / Like

It's a beautiful setting, but the one time I went it felt so incredibly crowded with children (and almost all of them dressing up) I felt a little more like I was trapped in an episode of Toddlers and Tiaras!

Post Thanks / Like

I would do Cali Grill, too!! I think it's affordable for a nice restaurant and an awesome place to see Wishes. Narcoossee is good, too, we enjoyed eating there and they have a deck where patrons can go out and watch Wishes. Those would be my top two, I guess I just equate CRT more with little girls and the princess thing. V&A runs two people around $300 base and that is w/o any alcoholic bevs (I can vouch that while expensive, it is worth every cent). Cali will probably run around $100-150 depending on what you want to get. at CG you can walk out to the balcony, great view of MK and the surrounding areas. I have called for special events this trip b/c I wanted to make sure thye have it in the system, I had a few online res I made where I couldn't input anything or it appeared it didn't save. PS very nice thing you are doing for them!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mom2morgan View Post
    It's a beautiful setting, but the one time I went it felt so incredibly crowded with children (and almost all of them dressing up) I felt a little more like I was trapped in an episode of Toddlers and Tiaras!
    that cracked me up!!

Post Thanks / Like

So... I have made a reservation for California Grill. The only concern I have is that my son's fiance is really funny about what she eats. The one thing on the menu for a main course that I see she would eat is the Fettuccini, but it has mushrooms and ricotta cheese and she does not eat either. Will they make it without those things? It is the one menu that I have looked at that does not have chicken. I was a little surprised by that one.

Thanks to everyone for your suggestions and all of your expertise!! It is greatly appreciated!! You have been a tremendous help!

Post Thanks / Like

So... I have made a reservation for California Grill. The only concern I have is that my son's fiance is really funny about what she eats. The one thing on the menu for a main course that I see she would eat is the Fettuccini, but it has mushrooms and ricotta cheese and she does not eat either. Will they make it without those things? It is the one menu that I have looked at that does not have chicken. I was a little surprised by that one.

Thanks to everyone for your suggestions and all of your expertise!! It is greatly appreciated!! You have been a tremendous help!
    The menu changes frequently at California Grill, so what is there now might not be when they visit. But yes, they're good about honoring special requests.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Most of the places we ate at were very awesome at meeting our requests. Many places had Mushroom such and such with the steaks... Neither of us like it and at our request, never saw a piece of Mushroom our entire 11 days.

Worst comes to worst, just note on our your online ADR that someone in your group has a mushroom allergy.... that should do the trick for sure

the Chef will even come out and specfically talk to you DIL about her concerns as well.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: