Quantcast Good bag for parks that Kindle Fire will fit in

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Good bag for parks that Kindle Fire will fit in

I am wondering if anyone has any suggestions for a good bag to carry to the parks. It needs to be big enough to hold my Kindle Fire, camera, sunglasses clips, IPhone and other essentials. I currently use an E-bag Terrace bag but it is too small to the Kindle Fire. Any ideas anyone?
    1288 very long miles to WDW!
    1958 DL-Off property
    Dec 1998 WDW-Off property-Chaperone HS Band trip
    Sep 2005 WDW-POR-25th Late Anniversary
    Apr 2010 WDW-POR-30th Anniversary!
    Aug 2012 DL-first time in 54 yrs!
    Apr 2014 DL-34th Anniversary!!
    Nov 2016 WDW-Retirement!
    Apr 2018 Disney-DGD's 1st trip!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I would take as little as possible to the parks and especially leave the kindle in the room in the safe or in your locked suitcase. Long story short, on our last trip I had my our Nike nylon backpack right next to me at America in Epcot when all of a sudden a man (who wasn't speaking English) started a scene. I was paying attention to him and thankfully my attention was broken only to find a woman picking up my backpack, opening it and starting to put her hand in. I immediately grabbed it and yelled at her. Just be careful of your backpack and keep your eye on it at all time. And don't bring so many valuables!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Oh I understand completely but I am looking for a cross body type of bag. I do not wear back packs in the park for exactly the reason you mentioned. My husband does have one that is a drawstring type at the top that closes tightly. It is the shoulder straps which pull tight to cinch the bag closed. It can't be opened as long as he is wearing it and it never comes off of his back when we are at the parks. It basically is used to carry a Disneyworld Passporter guidebook, a couple of bottles of water, ponchos, and extra pair of socks for each of us. My little Terrace cross body bag worked wonderfully on our last trip to Disneyworld but it is too small to fit my Kindle Fire and I want to carry the Kindle Fire and eliminate having the carry the Passporter guide.
    1288 very long miles to WDW!
    1958 DL-Off property
    Dec 1998 WDW-Off property-Chaperone HS Band trip
    Sep 2005 WDW-POR-25th Late Anniversary
    Apr 2010 WDW-POR-30th Anniversary!
    Aug 2012 DL-first time in 54 yrs!
    Apr 2014 DL-34th Anniversary!!
    Nov 2016 WDW-Retirement!
    Apr 2018 Disney-DGD's 1st trip!

Post Thanks / Like

I agree on leaving the majority of that stuff in the room. There are apps for the iPhone that will cover your needs.

I put everything I have ever needed on my phone and never had a problem. Traveling with books (e or otherwise) is not something I plan to do on vacation ever.

Post Thanks / Like

While I know how you feel, I love bringing my kindle everywhere, I'd do as the other posters have said and put the info into your phone. We leave in a week, and I have everything we need on my phone. These smart phones make AWESOME planners. I simply wouldn't risk it. Sadly, there are folks everywhere who would take advantage of the opportunity to grab it, and unfortunately, WDW is a great place to catch folks off guard. There are so many fantastic things that take your mind off your bag, and even for one second, someone will use that opportunity. Take it from someone who had a cross body bag stolen directly from my body when I wasn't paying enough attention, and in Europe to boot. Spent the next three days heading to the consulate for new passports, spending a day at the AMEX offices for new cards and cash..oh the nightmare. And I thought I was being very cautious. Thieves LOVE tourist spots!
    Karen

"It's snowing still," said Eeyore gloomily.
    "So it is."
    "And freezing."
    "Is it?"
    "Yes," said Eeyore. "However," he said, brightening up a little, "we haven't had an earthquake lately."

Post Thanks / Like

My favorite bag of all time is the Overland Equipment Donner shoulder bag. It's available from a few different online stores, or you can order it direct from Overland Equipment. This bag is SO well thought out and it's absolutely perfect for a Disney trip. I've had 3 of them over the past 5 years or so, and I keep going back to the same bag when mine wear out (I use it as an "everyday" bag as well, since my kids are young). It's definitely big enough for the Kindle fire. My standard kindle inside its cover fits with plenty of room to spare.

However, I'd highly caution against taking a Kindle Fire in the parks. It's just too fragile, honestly and it's kinda heavy. If you have a smart phone, there are PLENTY of apps available that make the Passporter obsolete. PM me if you want a really good suggestion!
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

I can't offer any advice on the type of bag to carry because I have very little with me so my bag is far too small for a Kindle. I too would go with just the iPhone and leave the Kindle behind so you don't risk damage or loss. If you are interested in iPhone apps, I use the Mouse Memo app for storage of all reservation info from flights to hotel to ADRs. I also use the Disney World app from Undercover Tourist (Phunware Inc), the Magic Guide app (VersaEdge Software), and the OLP WDW Transportation app. Some are free, some are paid. I'm still impatiently waiting for the official WDW Parks Mobile Magic app that they've been promising for months now.
    Kathy șoș

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    My favorite bag of all time is the Overland Equipment Donner shoulder bag. It's available from a few different online stores, or you can order it direct from Overland Equipment. This bag is SO well thought out and it's absolutely perfect for a Disney trip. I've had 3 of them over the past 5 years or so, and I keep going back to the same bag when mine wear out (I use it as an "everyday" bag as well, since my kids are young). It's definitely big enough for the Kindle fire. My standard kindle inside its cover fits with plenty of room to spare.

However, I'd highly caution against taking a Kindle Fire in the parks. It's just too fragile, honestly and it's kinda heavy. If you have a smart phone, there are PLENTY of apps available that make the Passporter obsolete. PM me if you want a really good suggestion!
    Is the Overland bag you use made of cloth? I've used different types of crossbody bags and the strap was made of nylon (I believe) & the nylon strap made every shirt I wore all pilly. I recently discovered Vera Bradley stuff and received the Hipster. LOVE that it's cloth & has a cloth strap but need a bigger crossbody to hold all my stuff (my new camera is big, water phone etc). I like the size of the Overland bag (although Im not sure if it would be TOO big) but wondered what it's made of.

Thanks
    Tracy
    77-85:Day Trips at Easter
    88:Fort Wilderness
    91:Swan(Honeymoon)
    99:Wilderness Lodge
    00:Caribbean Beach
    02:POR
    03:Coronado Springs/Polynesian
    04:POR/Polynesian
    06:POR
    07:POR
    08:POR
    09:Polynesian

12:POR
    14:POR

Post Thanks / Like

The strap on the overland bag is made of the same material as seatbelts. It's VERY smooth, but I'm not sure what the actual material is (it's either ballistic or ripstop Nylon, according to the bag tag). Regardless, it feels like a seatbelt. It doesn't pill any of my clothes...it just slides right over the fabric of my shirts.

This bag is not too large, I don't think. If you need something that fits a Kindle, this is the smallest bag you'll be able to use for that. It looks larger in online pictures than it really is. It's the size of a medium purse. What's great about it is all the extra pockets, water bottle holders on the sides (that also work great for sunglasses), the inside pockets on the flap with a secure zipper pouch for stuff like park tickets, the keychain hook, the chapstick compartments, the fuzzy lined pocket for your cellphone, etc. Honestly, this bag is amazing. It can hold as little or as much as you want. Some days, it was practically empty, and when empty it sits nice and flat and compact, and other days, I loaded it up with lots of stuff (snacks, etc.).

One other note on this bag, it is practically waterproof. I took it on a water sprite, and we took a HUGE wave over the front of the boat that essentially submerged this bag. The ONLY part that got water in it was the back pocket, but I was able to DUMP the water out of it, and the bag remained dry. Everything in the bag, minus the park maps that had been in that back pocket, was 100% dry.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

I adore my Vera Bradley hipster and it's my go to park bag. However, have you looked into the On the Go bag? It's bigger than the hipster and be lengthened as a cross body bag. I own one as well and found it to be quite roomy.
    TTFN,
    Rose

1998 (10 YO & 1st time!)
    2002 (14 YO & 2nd time)
    June 12 2006 (18 & by myself!)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by White Rose View Post
    I adore my Vera Bradley hipster and it's my go to park bag. However, have you looked into the On the Go bag? It's bigger than the hipster and be lengthened as a cross body bag. I own one as well and found it to be quite roomy.
    I haven't but I will now. Thanks!!!

Tracy
    77-85:Day Trips at Easter
    88:Fort Wilderness
    91:Swan(Honeymoon)
    99:Wilderness Lodge
    00:Caribbean Beach
    02:POR
    03:Coronado Springs/Polynesian
    04:POR/Polynesian
    06:POR
    07:POR
    08:POR
    09:Polynesian

12:POR
    14:POR

Post Thanks / Like

I had planned on using the Baggallini Messenger Sling - it can be worn cross body style. It has a zippered compartment on the strap that can hold your identification card and KttW Card. It can hold a poncho (or 4) a water bottle, is water resistant and has compartments for things like cell phones etc.

My sister used hers for her last big trip to WDW with her family of 4 AND then used it again this summer for their 3 week trip to the Northeastern Seaboard.
    Katherine
    6/2015 POP Celebrating Youngest Son's HS graduation and my birthday.
    6/2012 POFQ Celebrating Daughter's HS graduation and my birthday
    01/2009 ASMu 20th anniversary
    12/2004 ASMu
    12/2001 POR
    12/1982 OffSite, 04/1987 OffSite

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: