Quantcast Swan/Dolphin: which is better??

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default Swan/Dolphin: which is better??

Looking at booking a trip in mid-July and the prices for rooms at the Dolphin/Swan hotels are very inviting ($129/night). We usually use the dining plan, but I've figured out the individual costs of paying for meals separate and its not that much of an upcharge for us becuase we're not huge eaters and wouldn't miss some of the extras you get with the dining plan. My girls are 11 and 8 so I don't think they'd miss any Disney feel as we spend most of the time in the parks anyways. I was looking for the pros/cons of both the Dophin and Swan and which one is preferred for a family of 4.
    DizneyDoug
    Dolphin-July 2012
    Poly-June 2010
    POFQ-July 2008
    POFQ-May 2006
    ASM-Dec 2004
    Offsite-Dec 2003, Mar 2002
    New Years Eve 1999!!

Post Thanks / Like

I've only stayed at the Dolphin, but I have been in both. Of the two, I would say the Dolphin would be my pick, especially traveling with kids. It's bright, whimsical, has a great gift shop- very Disney- and the 24 hour Picabu quick service, which is very handy. The Swan seemed a little more elegant and dimly lit, though still whimsical and fine for families. You can't go wrong for that price in that location either way. Great location! And rooms were spacious with comfortable beds. I prefer it to the Disney moderates, and would even pick the Dolphin over the Beach Club, having now stayed at both.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

We have not stayed at the Dolphin but have stayed at the Swan many times. We love the location n the queen sized beds!

I would stay at either without hesitation!
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

The Swan has queen beds, the Dolphin has only double beds. The Dolphin is in dire need of some refurbishments in the rooms, IMO. The Swan is nicer. You pay $10-$20 more a night at the Swan but it's worth it IMO.

Post Thanks / Like

Where are you looking for those rates? That's awesome. We are looking to stay next November and have never stayed at either of these as well...but at those rates, I might look into it!!

Post Thanks / Like

We've stayed at the Swan twice and loved both stays. To me though, it just seems like one big resort. The queen beds would be a deciding factor for me. I wouldn't worry about losing the Disney feel, as it's so close to Boardwalk and Epcot.

Post Thanks / Like

I also would like to know where you found those rates? Wasn't considering going this year but if I can find rates like this, I may reconsider

Post Thanks / Like

Arrow

We've stayed at both the Swan and Dolphin. With the main counter service dining location and the ice cream/soda shop located in the Dolphin, you may find it more convenient. The Dolphin also has a much larger, dramatic lobby which your children may enjoy.

The only drawback could be the higher traffic in the Dolphin due to more convention folks staying there. We apparently stayed there during a fairly large convention and found the public areas always considerably crowded; although this was only a minor detraction to our stay, we found that the Swan did not share this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by hoosiermickey
    I also would like to know where you found those rates?
    Quote Originally Posted by KatrinaJ91
    Where are you looking for those rates?
    As the Swan & Dolphin are one of our Sponsors, you can follow the link in the upper right corner of this forum for their rates page.

In addition to various limited time specials and packages offered through-out the year, the Swan & Dolphin also offers special rates for:

Figment! aka Jason ºoº
    INTERCOT STAFF
    News, Rumours & Imagineering
    Dining
    Vacations Beyond Disney

~It’s what us storytellers do; we restore order with imagination, we instill hope again and again~

~We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things~

Post Thanks / Like

We have stayed at the Dolphin many times and for the price and location it is worth it. We have found if you call for a reservation rather than book on-line the CM found an even cheaper price. They also suggested to call when the time gets closer because sometimes the price goes down due to occupancy.
    First trip May 1996 and many since
    DVC Owner BWV
    Next trips 2015 : March SSR, May-AKLV& Poly Oct- BWV & Dec- BCV

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: