Quantcast Any thoughts on the Sci Fi? - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

We always eat there. My boys love eating in the "car." I did not think the food was that bad. It's pretty much like most of the "American" food on property. I had a pretty good sandwich once and a nice burger on another visit.

Don't waste your money on the higher end dishes in some sort of attempt to make the most of the money you spent on the dining plan! Just stick with the sandwiches.
    Too many trips to count!
    Disneyland!
    DisneyWorld!
    Disneyland Paris!
    Coming soon Tokyo!
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE

I have stayed at: All Star Movies, All Star Music, Pop Century, Art of Animation, Port Orleans Riverside, Caribbean Beach Resort, Saratoga Springs Resort

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

When we went I had a rueben that wasn't anything to freak out over but the theming made it one of my fav places to eat. I'm a huge scifi b-movie fan, my favorite shows are Twilight Zone and Mystery Science Theatre 3000. So to me the cheesy trailers made it a great experience but if your going for food I'd suggest Pizza Planet and NOT ABC Comisary lol
    You can't take the sky from me

Post Thanks / Like

I enjoy it for lunch. Burgers, soups, salads, sandwiches have all been good here for us. It's a fun atmosphere.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

The Sci Fi is a lovely cool haven from the heat!!! I usually get the very very good Turkey sandwich on multigrain with avacado mayo. It is a fabulous sandwich ... and with some Iced Tea and those wonderfully horrible movies ... the Sci Fi is always a great stop for us!!
    Jennifer (aka Mickey'sGirl)
    INTERCOT Staff: Guests with Special Needs, Dining and Disney Characters

Last trip: March 2016 - Fantasy
    Next trip: Aug 2017 - Aulani

I am a Galactic Hero once more!

Post Thanks / Like

Not a fan. We have eaten there twice and I would agree with the "sub-par" description. I just feel like there are too many better places to spend my dining dollar/credit. (but I go for food over atmosphere...now if we are going for atmosphere, it is absolutely unique and cool)

For a better burger/sandwich place (in my opinion) I would choose Beaches N Cream. It is a nice boat ride from the Studios to Beach Club Resort.

All that being said, I do recommend people try the places and make their own decision. I was pleasantly surprised by San Angel Inn in Epcot and that is a restaurant that also gets very mixed reviews.
    Carrie

CBR: 2/21-2/25/17
    POR: 6/4-6/11/16
    POFQ: 11/15-11/19/15
    8/28-9/1/14 -DL-Dumbo 19.3 C2C
    POR: 1/7-1/14/14 -Dopey 48.6
    POR: 6/11-6/17/13
    ASMu: 1/11-1/15/13 -1st Full 26.2
    ASMu: 9/22-9/28/11
    ASMu: 6/7-6/13/11
    Pop: 1/30-2/6/10
    Pop: 2/1-2/7/09
    Pop: 1/08
    ASMu: 05/06
    Off-site: 12/93

Post Thanks / Like

After eating at Sci - Fi for every trip since it opened back in '89 I hate the new menu but love the atmosphere.
    Sci-fi is a place that you should try just once
    if you are looking for a gourmet meal this is not it - if you have ever been to Johnny Rockets you will know what to expect at Sci-fi
    If you can dream it, you can do it ...Horizons
    **Been there, done that at Disney!!!**
    Next Trip:
    Post Mother's Day trip May 2016

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

We make a light lunch out of the Sci Fi. We split a shake and sandwich with a soda. The food is ok but we like the A/C break and the cool atmosphere.

1977 FW, 1990 CBBR, 2000 POR,
    2006 ASM, 2007 ASM, 2008 GF
    2009 POP, 2010 ASM, 2010 POP
    2012 POP

POP AGAIN! 2013

Post Thanks / Like

We've been a few times and its always fun. Burgers and fries are great...my boys love the milkshakes. Its not LeCellier, but I don't expect it to be.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, everyone - I'm excited now to book this for her! I promise I won't be disappointed if the food is only okay, LOL

Post Thanks / Like

So this will be our second time there and I booked it because nothing else is good on the property anymore and mamas is closed for refurb during our stay. We are eating at 6:50 the park closes at 7.. Is the steak really not any good or the pasta?? I hate wasting a TS meal for burgers. Just not worth the money . I want something more there as we will only have starring rolls for an early lunch. I hate fat.. do you think I could order the steak ask for it to be lean and well done?? I hope they can let you do that or I could get the pasta
    Connie
    Dec 8-15 2007 All Star Music Suites
    Dec 5-14 2008 All Star Music Suites
    Dec 7-16 2009 POP
    Last trip for a long while JAN 20-28

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lighteningqueen View Post
    So this will be our second time there and I booked it because nothing else is good on the property anymore and mamas is closed for refurb during our stay. We are eating at 6:50 the park closes at 7.. Is the steak really not any good or the pasta?? I hate wasting a TS meal for burgers. Just not worth the money . I want something more there as we will only have starring rolls for an early lunch. I hate fat.. do you think I could order the steak ask for it to be lean and well done?? I hope they can let you do that or I could get the pasta
    I understand your concern. Here is how I think about DHS and dining. When I go there, not only do I think about dining options in the park, but also the resorts surrounding the park. For example, it is just a brief boat ride and you can easily get to the Beach and Yacht Club Resorts so there are other dining options.(Cape May Cafe, Beaches & Cream, Captain's Grill, Yachtsman's Steakhouse for signature dining) I am not sure but I think you can even get to the Boardwalk. So just like when I go to MK, I think about dining on the monorail loop, you have options that are easily accessible outside DHS.
    Carrie

CBR: 2/21-2/25/17
    POR: 6/4-6/11/16
    POFQ: 11/15-11/19/15
    8/28-9/1/14 -DL-Dumbo 19.3 C2C
    POR: 1/7-1/14/14 -Dopey 48.6
    POR: 6/11-6/17/13
    ASMu: 1/11-1/15/13 -1st Full 26.2
    ASMu: 9/22-9/28/11
    ASMu: 6/7-6/13/11
    Pop: 1/30-2/6/10
    Pop: 2/1-2/7/09
    Pop: 1/08
    ASMu: 05/06
    Off-site: 12/93

Post Thanks / Like

I love it. I always get a rueben and a shake.
    "Are you an Tigger or an Eeyore?" - Randy Pausch

Been to WDW more times than I can count since 1972. Stayed at BLT, AKV, WLV, SSR, POP, CBR, CR, FW Cabins, all the All Stars and also off site. Been to DL 3 times, 4 cruises on the Magic and went on the Dream Inaugural Cruise.

DVC - 7/2008

Post Thanks / Like

I go there every trip, I love it!

I get a milkshake and the penne pasta. I am a vegetarian, so I don't have shrimp in it, but it is a GREAT pasta dish! Nothing too fancy, but who wants fancy food with their 'Attack of the 50 Ft Woman'?
    Last edited by McLiberal8; 01-04-2012 at 01:27 PM. Reason: spelling
    AKA Courtney

"To all that come to this happy place: welcome...Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future.."

Most Recent Trips:
    September 2007 - Pop Century
    September 2011 - Pop Century
    January 2012 - Pop Century

Post Thanks / Like

I've went a few times and vowed not to go again as it's just ok. This past trip we took my mom with us as a first timer and wanted her to see it. I actually liked my meal. We were on deluxe dining, so we got apps. I had the buffalo chick. potato skins...yummy. I had steak/potatoes which were ok. You can also get a milkshake on the dining plan. That was so thick and yummy. We ended up skipping dessert. If you've never been, I'd say to try it, then you will know.
    January 1993-Off Property
    September 1996-Dixie Landings (POR)
    September 2006-Pop Century
    September 2007-Pop Century
    September 2008-Contemporary
    May 2009-Caribbean Beach
    Oct/Nov-2011-Wilderness Lodge
    December- 2013--Pop Century
    May 2015--Give Kids The World

Post Thanks / Like

here's my take.

This is one of my favorite places to snack. Mostly because of the setting and ambience. I love the feel, the look, and the fun. The food is just an extra. If you are going for a fun meal and not so much fine dining, you will have a great time.

I had the chili, onion rings, and a milkshake. If you read the menu, this is two appetizers and a shake. Still filling, still not getting crazy price wise, and not going cheap either. It was a fun experience and I would do it again. Keep the fun perspective in mind and you should do fine.
    Last Ride Ridden - Test Track
    Last Eatery Visited - Tangerine Cafe

July 1984 (off WDW)
    June 1995 (off WDW)
    July 2005 (Pop Century)
    April 2008 (offsite)
    Feb 2009 (All Star Music)
    Feb 2010 (POP)
    Sept/Oct 2010 (Sports)
    Jan/Feb 2012 (ASMovies)
    Sep/Oct 2013 (offsite)
    Feb 2015 (POFQ)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mom2morgan View Post
    It looks cute, but one of my travel guides says the food is sub par. But I have a kid who's crazy to try it!
    Try it It's a must every visit for our family. It's not worth a TS though, in my opinion, if your on the dining plan. We pay cash.
    Jill

14 visits (WDW)
    Offsite: Caribe Royale,Best Western
    On: POFQ, CBR, BC, WL, Dolphin

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think we'll be going back after our last visit. We had advance dining reservations and still had to wait about an hour to get seated. There were people who were seated after us and got their food before us. It wasn't worth the 2+ hours we spent there.
    Steve (aka brownie)
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations & Mousellaneous
    ASMv 4/00, 10/01, 11/03, 5/21
    ASMu 8/12, 11-12/22
    AKL 6/18
    BC 9/94
    CSR 8/14, 3-4/22
    POP 11-12/10, 3/12, 10/12, 7/17, 4/22
    POFQ 10/01
    POR 9/04, 1/16, 11/19
    WL 12/03
    Disneyland 6/07, 1/15
    Disney Dream 8/14

Post Thanks / Like

The atmosphere is awesome. The food is pretty good. I haven't been there since they switched the menu but lunch was always a good bet.

The vanilla coke was
    Next WDW Trip: July 13 - 22, 2016 Wilderness Lodge

"There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow shining at the end of every day!"

"Let's Don't be Silly..." - The Mad Hatter

Post Thanks / Like

Sci-Fi has great onion rings and Milkshakes. The burgers, OK nothing fabulous but good. WE like going there for Lunch. Don't expect a gourmet fine dining experience. though. It doesn't pretend to be California Grill, or Artist Point. I don't know why some people expect fine food in a theme park restaurant. I know, I know, it's the prices.

But go in with the appropriate expectations and you'll have a great time there. We love visiting the Sci-fi Dine in. It's super cheesy-tacky fun!
    1971 (age 15) MK was new!
    1974 off-site (Senior Trip)
    1982 off-site
    1988 off-site
    May 2002 AS-Sports, with DW & kids
    May 2004 Pop Century
    Feb 2005 Wilderness Lodge
    Oct 2006 Pop Century
    Oct 2008 Camped at Fort Wilderness
    Feb 2010 Cruise on the Wonder
    Dec 2014 POFQ for Christmas!

Share This Thread On Social Media: