Quantcast stunned by airfares....

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default stunned by airfares....

Last time we went to Orland, which was Christmas of '09, our tickets cost $350 each. Current prices for next September are $800!! That is going to make the cost of airfare almost as much as the whole rest of the trip. Do you think there is any relief in sight? Since I live in Alberta, there really is no other way to get to Florida :-(

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

It does really bit into your vacation funds. Here in Toronto we will pay over $2000 for a family of four to fly. Which is why we will always drive. For your situation, do you live "close" to an airport across the border? For us, just a short 2 hour drive away, in Buffalo, we can get flights for just more than half than the cost from Toronto. So if can you get to an American airport you might get better fares.

I realize that you will probably have quite a drive just to get to another airport but it might justify it if you can get decent fares.
    Brian (aka CanadianWDWFan)
    INTERCOT Staff:Theme Parks, The Water Cooler & Trip Reports
    DVC-BWV, Riviera
    Next Trip:DLR

Post Thanks / Like

Check out what the airfare would be to Tampa. I usually fly into there instead of Orlando and it saves me well over $500. The drive from Tampa up to Disney is not bad at all. With even renting a car, it's still a lot cheaper. I agree CanadianWDWFan that driving to say Buffalo would save you a lot. I'd wait until about 2 months before your trip to book as prices usually go down (especially on a Tuesday/Wednesday).

Post Thanks / Like

Default Airfare

Yes, it hurts doesn't it? Cross-border hopping to get a cheaper fare isn't an option for me (I like in Edmonton).

When we went in August this year I paid over $800 for each of us.

On the bright side, after paying over $2400 for me and my 2 DDs, any splurges at WDW seem pretty minor!
    Lisaj13
    Disneyland - Four times
    Disney World - Three times

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lisaj13 View Post
    Yes, it hurts doesn't it? Cross-border hopping to get a cheaper fare isn't an option for me (I like in Edmonton).

When we went in August this year I paid over $800 for each of us.

On the bright side, after paying over $2400 for me and my 2 DDs, any splurges at WDW seem pretty minor!
    I'm in Red Deer area, so driving across the border COULD be done, but probably isn't worth it. Really hoping this doesn't make the trip impossible! But we're definitely staying longer than we usually do - if I have to pay $3200 to get there, I might as well make the trip worthwhile.

Post Thanks / Like

In 2008, I would fly to Orlando for $30.00 one way (From TN). Now..it's almost 200.00. Needless to say...we drive now.
    WDW is my happy place

Post Thanks / Like

I feel your pain. We have done some creative things trying to find cheap airfare. You may want to consider driving several hours to a different airport. You can also compare flying into not only Tampa, but Miami, Jacksonville, Atlanta, etc. It may take several extra hours and cost a little to do so, but you may save several hundred dollars, which would be worth it. You may also want to try priceline or other websites. Good luck.
    30+ trips; DCV owner at Beach Club Villas; 4 Disney cruises; 2 trips to Disneyland

Post Thanks / Like

we have the same problem, almost $3600 from Newfoundland to orlando for a family of 4, and thats the good price, could be almost 1000 per person or more if we waited till a few months before to book. we looked at airfare at the exact point when we could book it, with westjet this is the cheapest way to do it and it came in at 3150 for the 4 of us, 330 days before our trip. with only 2 airlines to choose from it is the most expensive expense we have no matter where we go, dumb island!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mickeyman42 View Post
    dumb island!
    I guess that is the high cost of living in such a beautiful place.

Air fare just keeps taking a bigger bite out everyone's travel budget.
    Brian (aka CanadianWDWFan)
    INTERCOT Staff:Theme Parks, The Water Cooler & Trip Reports
    DVC-BWV, Riviera
    Next Trip:DLR

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: