Quantcast Episode 24 - Meet Me At Garys Column

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Episode 24 - Meet Me At Garys Column

Birthday Stuff. Happy Birthday INTERCOT Insider - One Year Old. Happy Birthday INTERCOT - We’re 14! Duffy has been at the park one year.

The passing of Steve Jobs. His tie in to Disney and Pixar. Was he this generations Walt Disney? What happens down the road with Apple? Will there be a what would Steve do effect? John recommends you look up John Taylors book - Storming of the Magic Kingdom.

Rober Iger stepping down… 4 years from now. What will be his legacy?

Unplug and Plug - we finally get it right.

We ponder the career of Willow Bay.

Big Thunder Mountain long rehab Jan 9 thru May 27. Dumbo goes down Jan 9 thru Feb 17. Park hours are out thru April 2012.

INTERCOTs best of - Place to people watch. Carol hangs at World Showcase on a bench in Epcot. Gary looses everyone and wants folks to meet him at the Road Furniture in Epcot’s UK - otherwise known as Gary’s Column. Show 25, Ian may need to host. Ian sits by the fountain in Innoventions Plaza. Melanie people watches at Hollywood Studios outside Sweet Spells. Gary swears he saw Kenny Rogers there and chaos ensues. John heads to the Kona Cafe sushi bar.

Animal Kingdom Lodge - John is set to stay there and asks the staff their opinion and whether it’s too far away from everything. We ponder why they didn’t put in some sort of boat transportation to Animal Kingdom - missed opportunity.

New FREE Android App for the Podcast. Why no Apple app? iTunes provides a great way to subscribe unlike Android which didn’t provoide a great way to subscribe. Search INTERCOT Insider in the marketplace or go to: https://market.android.com/details?i...dbeanapp297790 - Please rate us if you get a chance.

John’s trip to California and Disneyland - so he hung with NotaGeek.

Duffy Storybook debuts. We ponder if it’s rehashed Duffy.

Dooney & Bourke new items arriving at Disney Parks. http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blo...ks-in-october/

>> Download, Listen, Love...
    John - aka. The Master Control Program
    Owner, Chairman & Chief Imagination Officer - INTERCOT

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Looked for the new Dooney's the other day when I was at Downtown Disney, but no luck. Maybe they'll be at the parks this week and I'll look then.

Post Thanks / Like

Gary: The Human Podcast Titanic. If there's a topic that will take us down a rathole he'll hit it like an iceberg.
    Gary (aka dpamac)
    President, INTERCOT

Have you booked Your Magical Journey yet?

INTERCOT featuring Capn' Tom's "Ballad of the Yeti (The Yeti is Down)" remembers a grander time, when the Yeti once stood tall on Everest and functioned as he should. Download your copy of this epic and sad tale today!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    Looked for the new Dooney's the other day when I was at Downtown Disney, but no luck. Maybe they'll be at the parks this week and I'll look then.
    I'm totally not into bags AT ALL, but I have a strange craving desire for these .... geesh!

Can't wait to listen to the episode, time to synch my iPOD again
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Dooney & Bourke just sounds like a British comedy duo to me.
    Gary (aka dpamac)
    President, INTERCOT

INTERCOT featuring Capn' Tom's "Ballad of the Yeti (The Yeti is Down)" remembers a grander time, when the Yeti once stood tall on Everest and functioned as he should. Download your copy of this epic and sad tale today!

Post Thanks / Like

That's so funny that you ponder the career of Willow Bay. I always think of her when I think of Iger and wonder about her career. Also, agreed on AK transportation options. Maybe a train? Something? I'm headed off to listen. Can't wait to hear this.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

I am listening right now and kind of scared that I knew exactly where Gary meant when he was describing his column.
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AgentC View Post
    I am listening right now and kind of scared that I knew exactly where Gary meant when he was describing his column.
    Not scared. You're awesome.

Talked to a friend from England and he said it's made to look like war memorials they have in towns across England. They were built after WWI and inscribed with names of villagers lost in battle.They were inscribed again after WWII.
    Gary (aka dpamac)
    President, INTERCOT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dpamac View Post
    Not scared. You're awesome.
    Thanks. I think spent too much time playing Kim Possible in the UK! Somehow I always end up at Gary's Column.

Talked to a friend from England and he said it's made to look like war memorials they have in towns across England. They were built after WWI and inscribed with names of villagers lost in battle.They were inscribed again after WWII.
    That is very cool. I always wondered why it was there.

Quote Originally Posted by ibelieveindisneymagic View Post
    I'm totally not into bags AT ALL, but I have a strange craving desire for these .... geesh!
    Me too. I am such a bargain purse girl, but I find myself really want a D&B. I almost bought the bow pattern, but want to see this one first.

Another great podcast. The chemistry is just great. I am always sad when it is over.

I'm curious. John- How did you end up feeling about AKL? Did the long walk to the lobby stay annoying?

And lastly on Duffy. Yes, I bought the book. And yes it is mainly a retread, but my kids love it. The question now is how many more Duffy outfits will they want this week. At least they are cheaper than Lego sets!
    Cindy aka AgentC

Post Thanks / Like

LOL Cindy - I'm sure we'll cover my trip on the next Insider
    John - aka. The Master Control Program
    Owner, Chairman & Chief Imagination Officer - INTERCOT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    LOL Cindy - I'm sure we'll cover my trip on the next Insider
    You are such a tease. And a brilliant marketer. I'll definitely be waiting
    Cindy aka AgentC

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AgentC View Post
    Cindy, be scared. Be very scared.

Seriously though, it was such an A-HA moment when I figured out what Gary was talking about.

Post Thanks / Like

Yet another great podcast!

Two things:

1) I've tied to listen to other Disney-related podcasts but they were so boring I couldn't get through more than a few minutes before I gave up. The fun and laughter y'all bring to the table is great. I particularly enjoy the occasional (make that frequent) rabbit holes you go down. Keep up the great work.

2) As far as Ian's comments about the "Nightmare Before Christmas" - I have to agree completely. I too, hate it. I love the idea of an overlay, and changing things up now and then, but why use that?

Thanks for letting me spend 90 minutes with y'all. Now back to waiting for the next episode.

Steve
    First visit: Disneyland, July 17, 1955 (well, somebody had to be there on opening day!)

Most Recent Visit:
    Disneyland - June 21-25, 2017
    WDW - Sep 22 - Oct 5, 2019
    Next up: WDW - May 9 - 16, 2020 at Riviera!
    Dec 5 - 16, 2020 at Poly

Post Thanks / Like

I found the column on Google Earth. It is very clearly there right in the middle of everything. Road furniture.
    Gary (aka dpamac)
    President, INTERCOT

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Fangorn View Post
    2) As far as Ian's comments about the "Nightmare Before Christmas" - I have to agree completely. I too, hate it. I love the idea of an overlay, and changing things up now and then, but why use that?
    I knew I liked you for a reason.

I found the column on Google Earth. It is very clearly there right in the middle of everything. Road furniture.
    How sad it is that I did the same thing, Gary? We're such nerds.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    How sad it is that I did the same thing, Gary? We're such nerds.
    I just posted a screencapture video of it on INTERCOT's Facebook page.
    Gary (aka dpamac)
    President, INTERCOT

Post Thanks / Like

I just posted a screencapture video of it on INTERCOT's Facebook page.
    You should post more of these...like once a day. VERY cool!
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Just finished listening to the podcast. Great fun as always! Loved hearing about your favorite people watching spots.

Just one thing:

-Ian is right about Disneyland also being known as the Magic Kingdom. It was Disneyland's nickname way before the Florida park was ever conceived. So, technically, he was right. The DL railroad even mentions the phrase "Magic Kingdom"
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    -Ian is right about Disneyland also being known as the Magic Kingdom. It was Disneyland's nickname way before the Florida park was ever conceived. So, technically, he was right. The DL railroad even mentions the phrase "Magic Kingdom"
    Natalie, we've talked about this. We don't tell Ian he was right about something because then he never stops talking about the time we told him he was wrong and he was right. There are hundreds of topics on the boards that support this.
    Gary (aka dpamac)
    President, INTERCOT

Post Thanks / Like

I can't wait to hear Ian host episode 25!

The moaning and groaning over the Phillies loss was sufficent

Laughed so hard at you guys making fun of Gary's column. I will have to do a google earth search for that later.

I laughed a lot during this episode and considering I listen while working out on an ellipitical machine - it makes things difficult.
    "They punch a hole in the sky with FIRE and MATH!" - Gary podcast #19

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: