Quantcast Episode 23 - Famous Garys In History - Page 4

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Septbride2002 View Post
    bolding mine.

And this attitude is why we are the best baseball fans in the world. Once a St. Louisan, always a St. Louisan. That and the fact that we applaud good plays by the opposing team.

GO CARDS!!!
    ~Amanda
    This is all very true. My brother and I had this very discussion at Maggie O'Brien's the other night watching the end of Game 3 before we headed off to the newly (re)opened Peabody to see Wilco. Yes, we'll support our team to no end, but you play a good game, we're going to cheer for you. No matter who you are.
    Gary (aka dpamac)
    President, INTERCOT

Have you booked Your Magical Journey yet?

INTERCOT featuring Capn' Tom's "Ballad of the Yeti (The Yeti is Down)" remembers a grander time, when the Yeti once stood tall on Everest and functioned as he should. Download your copy of this epic and sad tale today!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dpamac View Post
    This is all very true. My brother and I had this very discussion at Maggie O'Brien's the other night watching the end of Game 3 before we headed off to the newly (re)opened Peabody to see Wilco. Yes, we'll support our team to no end, but you play a good game, we're going to cheer for you. No matter who you are.
    That is all true and commendable, but I do have a problem with Cards fans. You aren't critical when your team or a player is playing poorly! I'm not saying you have to be uber-critical, as some people in Philly, New York and Boston can be about their teams, but you need to let people know if you are disappointed in your performance!

Of course, common sense needs to rule. Case in point- I was at Game 2 of this series. Cliff Lee did not have good stuff that game, though he battled through the game to try and right the ship. When he left the game, the stadium still cheered and stood up for him. Why? Because even though that night was bad, he had been great throughout the season, including two months without a loss and a sub 1 ERA in those months.

Tonight should be a great game with 2 great pitchers on the mound. But...

Go Phillies!!!!
    (I went old school 80's Phillies maroon to differ since both teams wear red)
    Christine șoș

Intercot Staff-Accommodations, Dining, Guests with Special Needs

Please support Intercot's Sponsors

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    That is all true and commendable, but I do have a problem with Cards fans. You aren't critical when your team or a player is playing poorly! I'm not saying you have to be uber-critical, as some people in Philly, New York and Boston can be about their teams, but you need to let people know if you are disappointed in your performance!
    I'm not entirely sure what you're basing this on, because it isn't accurate, or why you felt the need to even bring it up.
    Gary (aka dpamac)
    President, INTERCOT

Have you booked Your Magical Journey yet?

INTERCOT featuring Capn' Tom's "Ballad of the Yeti (The Yeti is Down)" remembers a grander time, when the Yeti once stood tall on Everest and functioned as he should. Download your copy of this epic and sad tale today!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not entirely sure what you're basing this on, because it isn't accurate, or why you felt the need to even bring it up.
    Because that is all the media says about Cards fans and it drives me crazy. I have never seen it mentioned on Sportscenter about Cards fans booing a team's effort. Just like Philly is about throwing snowballs at Santa Claus and that 1 incident happened over 40 years ago!! But the media brings it up all the time.

People are quick to believe what the media says. However, let's get back to the original topic. We can take this conversation to the Locker Room .
    Christine șoș

Intercot Staff-Accommodations, Dining, Guests with Special Needs

Please support Intercot's Sponsors

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    Because that is all the media says about Cards fans and it drives me crazy. I have never seen it mentioned on Sportscenter about Cards fans booing a team's effort. Just like Philly is about throwing snowballs at Santa Claus and that 1 incident happened over 40 years ago!! But the media brings it up all the time.

People are quick to believe what the media says. However, let's get back to the original topic. We can take this conversation to the Locker Room .
    Uh, time to move on and let our listeners talk about the podcast...
    John - aka. The Master Control Program
    Owner, Chairman & Chief Imagination Officer - INTERCOT

Post Thanks / Like

This was the first podcast I listened to, and I loved the chemistry between you all. It was like siting in a room with old friends. There are two points I would like to comment on. The first concerns the location of Avatar land. I believe it will replace Camp Minnie Mickey, which was originally built to be temporary. If it went somewhere else it would have to go behind Everest. There's nowhere else to build an expansion without taking away from the savanna. The other comment I wanted to make was regarding weather or not anyone still goes to the conservation station. I don't believe it's that popular. I worked at Animal Kingdom for nearly 2 years and have never been up there myself.

Anyways, that's just my 2 cents.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice - someone who sides with me that Camp Minnie Mickey is toast.
    John - aka. The Master Control Program
    Owner, Chairman & Chief Imagination Officer - INTERCOT

Post Thanks / Like

From what I understand it was supposed to be the sight of Beastly Kingdom, but they were behind schedule and over budget, so they built Camp as a placeholder. There is definitely no room to expand on that side of the park. The cast cafeteria and cast services are behind Pizzafari.

Post Thanks / Like

That just makes you awesome.
    Gary's my favorite!

And, on that note, WHERE DID THE AESTRAUS GO? They can't just take my beloved Felicia Day and drop her in the middle of nowhere!
    Spoken like a Guild fan. I bet that they aren't even off-planet. Beverly Barlow probably stole the Astraeus and it's in some kind of biodome simulated to be like a planet or moon to spy on them or something. Or maybe the Senator is somehow involved. Of course, this is pure conjecture.

I guess that I should get back to the Podcast discussion. We don't want to upset the delicate genius by straying too far off tangent. The baseball discussion was painful enough.
    Amanda
    Mom of Jay and Sam

'Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor
    mantengase alejado de las puertas'

CR - Jun 76, 85 & 89
    BLT - Nov 11 & 13
    Poly - Jun 80 & Jan/Feb 07
    WL - Jun 97, Sep 05 & Dec 08
    Next - Jersey Week 2015 Baby!

Post Thanks / Like

Oooooooooooooooohhhhh Ian
    "They punch a hole in the sky with FIRE and MATH!" - Gary podcast #19

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Septbride2002 View Post
    Oooooooooooooooohhhhh Ian
    Congratulations. I can now 100% guarantee you you will be celebrating a World Series victory in a few weeks.

The key to winning in the playoffs is to match up against a Philadelphia team. Think about it ...

2010 - Bruins defeat Flyers, win Stanley Cup
    2010 - Green Bay Packers defeat Eagles, win Super Bowl
    2010 - San Francisco Giants defeat Phillies, win World Series
    2009 - Chicago Blackhawks defeat Flyers, win Stanley Cup
    2009 - Yankees defeat Phillies, win World Series

There's probably more than I'm missing, too. If you want to make a quick buck, go to Vegas right now and bet $1,000 on the Cards to win it all. It's as close to a sure thing as there is!
    Ian șOș
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! ș0ș

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Never bet against the Cards in October!

That being said - the Brewers have given us issues all season long so I'm not counting my chickens just yet.

~Amanda
    "They punch a hole in the sky with FIRE and MATH!" - Gary podcast #19

Post Thanks / Like

Alright guys, just a reminder to take the in-depth playoff talk back to the Locker Room.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Carol View Post
    I don't know about t-shirts - but as you can see from my signature we can certainly pick sides.
    Why thanks Carol.

Quote Originally Posted by JCRKTW459 View Post
    LMBO! I love Melanie, but I have to side with Ian on this one. Maybe you are too far removed from your stroller days Melanie?! (or maybe you just wanted to give Ian a hard time. LOL) Our trip this November, will be our first attempt stroller-less. It could be a very long trip!
    Stroller-less is the way to go! We only did one trip with a stroller, and then it was resting or riding on dad's shoulders.

I honestly wasn't trying to give Ian a hard time. Like I said, I was walking past there one day and looking at the distance of the stroller parking to The Land, I couldn't believe it was something worth the rant Ian went on. Wherever you park, you still have to get the babies out, and get everything settled with your stroller. I can see why Disney moved the parking from the already completely congested walkway up to The Land. This is just a adding a few steps. Plus, Ian is always saying he's at WDW on vacation, so why sweat the small stuff. This is small stuff to me. So yeah maybe I was trying to give him a hard time.

Quote Originally Posted by brownie View Post
    I'm looking forward to the Great Stroller Derby! I like the idea of using giant Duffy's. Maybe you could have them holding a beer if you want to add some weight.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry for jumping in here but thanks for reading my review of the podcast from iTunes. It was my pleasure. Also John, and Melanie my twitter name is @JustinTmccarthy and I met u John at MK Sunday night. Once again was a pleasure.
    Just a note to all who do this podcast, THANK YOU for the hours of entertainment and like I said in my review, can't wait to meet all of you at the LMNOP next year. Keep up the great work
    Justin
    Justin and Dawn (tiggerears)

Next Trip:

AoA For Star Wars Rival Run Weekend 4/4-4/7/19

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yungbuck73 View Post
    Sorry for jumping in here but thanks for reading my review of the podcast from iTunes. It was my pleasure. Also John, and Melanie my twitter name is @JustinTmccarthy and I met u John at MK Sunday night. Once again was a pleasure.
    Just a note to all who do this podcast, THANK YOU for the hours of entertainment and like I said in my review, can't wait to meet all of you at the LMNOP next year. Keep up the great work
    Justin
    Great to hear from you Justin! Looking forward to LMNOP as well. Thanks again for the review.

Post Thanks / Like

Guys - when should we expect the next episode? It's been three weeks since the last one and many of us are anxiously awaiting it. I'll get the chance to listen to one, or possibly two new episodes before I leave for my November trip. While I initially began listening to the podcasts for the information, my primary reason for listening now is the banter.

I wonder if you'll discuss the six-week closure of Dumbo this winter.
    Amanda
    Mom of Jay and Sam

'Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor
    mantengase alejado de las puertas'

CR - Jun 76, 85 & 89
    BLT - Nov 11 & 13
    Poly - Jun 80 & Jan/Feb 07
    WL - Jun 97, Sep 05 & Dec 08
    Next - Jersey Week 2015 Baby!

Post Thanks / Like

Amanda, the episode is taped, but John was in WDW this week and still needs to edit. Should be up this weekend sometime.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Okay, so I'm biased to a degree, but man did I think this episode was funny. Carol and Gary dropped a couple of lines that made me burst out laughing.

I'm really lucky to be teamed with this crew ... thanks to all of you for making this so much fun!
    Ian șOș
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! ș0ș

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    If you want to make a quick buck, go to Vegas right now and bet $1,000 on the Cards to win it all. It's as close to a sure thing as there is!
    Thanks to Ian I retire tomorrow on my winnings. Your cut will be mailed shortly.
    "Hey! That's some destination!"

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: