Quantcast Allergy friendly bakery!!!!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Allergy friendly bakery!!!!

OMGosh.... I just read that there is a bakery in Downtown disney that is allergen friendly.

babycakesNYC inside Pollo Campero opened recently. Where have I been?

My ydd is allergic to eggs and it's always a challenge to find something for her. Granted WDW is AWESOME at accomodating special dietary needs and makes items off menu. But, just knowing that there is a place that is allergen friendly is so great. The menu states that almost everything is...
    " gluten-free, dairy-free, egg-free, soy-free, agave-sweetened or unrefined sugar-sweetened " - They're nut information says.. "Nuts and Soy: We bake with coconut (technically classified as a tree nut), this is the only nut with which we bake. We also do not bake with soy, however, our gluten-free flours are packaged on equipment that also packages almond flour, hazelnut flour, and soy flour. The facility power washes the machinery and discards the initial 30 lbs of flour between runs."

I can't believe it! My 4 year old will be so happy to go to a bakery that she can pick from ANYTHING. We now have plans to go to DTD for dinner on our arrival day. Then she'll get to pick out anything at the bakery she wants.

She told me last night to make sure my cake (its my b-day when we go down) doesn't have any egg so she can sing to me. Now, I can!

Just thought I would pass that along to everyone out there... especially those neurotic parents w/ kids with allergies like me!
    Jennifer - Proud DVC Owner
    DW of MyDisneyWorld; Mom of DDs (8) and (6)
    04/00 - 03 = off property
    09/03 ASMu, 09/04 POP, 12/05, 09/06 SSR
    10/07 VWL, 10/09 - THV, 10/10, 10/11 - AKL, 10/12 -THV, 02/13- CBR/CSR, 9/13 - BWV/BLT
    Next Up: Spring Break 4/'14 - BLT and Star Wars Weekend 5/'14 - BCV

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm planning on "taking one for the team" and trying something from here on our trip in 3 weeks and posting a review. Look for it here in about mid-Nov.
    KAY

DVC MEMBER - OKW & HHI
    First trip to WDW - Dec, 2005
    Last visit to Disneyland - 2014

First trip to Disneyland - 1955

Post Thanks / Like

What are great post, thanks!

My DS is being transitioned into eating eggs in baked goods but we still have to avoid peanuts and this would be a great way to eat like sweets without having to be worried about nuts.

Thanks again!
    Disney Dream May 2019, WDW Dec 2019

18 Oct ASMv
    16 (APs) Jan POR, Feb CSR, April ASMv, June BC, Oct Pop & Cabins, Dec ASMv & AKL & Pop, Jan '17 POFQ (10k!)
    15 May Pop&CBR pirates
    13 Oct ASMu&AoA
    10 (APs) June CR, Oct AKL&Pop, Dec Pop
    07 March ASMv
    04 June POR
    94 June Onsite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Goofy4TheWorld View Post
    What are great post, thanks!

My DS is being transitioned into eating eggs in baked goods but we still have to avoid peanuts and this would be a great way to eat like sweets without having to be worried about nuts.

Thanks again!
    Funny that we are doing the exact opposite with my dd! She can have peanuts now (have been introducing it little by little for the past 3 weeks now with no affect!! yeah!) Eggs are still taboo though.

I was so excited to hear about it!
    10/07 VWL, 10/09 - THV, 10/10, 10/11 - AKL, 10/12 -THV, 02/13- CBR/CSR, 9/13 - BWV/BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheDuckRocks View Post
    I'm planning on "taking one for the team" and trying something from here on our trip in 3 weeks and posting a review. Look for it here in about mid-Nov.

I'll be taking more than one for the team!!!! My dd has never had a donut before so, this will be a first for her!

We are going in 16 days!!! I'll post a review here too!

Post Thanks / Like

I just got back from WDW on Saturday. I visited the Babycakes Bakery twice. It is located inside Pollo Campero. I, myself, am a vegan and my son has a dairy allergy. Let me just say, it was so exciting to walk into a bakery and be able to choose anything that I wanted for myself and my son. He is a toddler and doesn't get a lot of treats. There were cupcakes (red velvet, pumpkin, vanilla, chocolate, and banana). I tried a vanilla, a red velvet, and a pumpkin. They were all excellent! My favorite was the red velvet cupcake. Pumpkin came in a close second.

Then there were the donuts. I haven't had a donut in years! There were chocolate and vanilla frosted, chocolate and vanilla cookie crumb, coconut, and cinnamon. I had a cinnamon one and it was delicious.

There were also cookies, loaf cake, and cookie pies available. Everything looked great and the staff was so nice. I highly recommend this bakery.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by starryeyes21 View Post
    I just got back from WDW on Saturday. I visited the Babycakes Bakery twice. It is located inside Pollo Campero. I, myself, am a vegan and my son has a dairy allergy. Let me just say, it was so exciting to walk into a bakery and be able to choose anything that I wanted for myself and my son. He is a toddler and doesn't get a lot of treats. There were cupcakes (red velvet, pumpkin, vanilla, chocolate, and banana). I tried a vanilla, a red velvet, and a pumpkin. They were all excellent! My favorite was the red velvet cupcake. Pumpkin came in a close second.

Then there were the donuts. I haven't had a donut in years! There were chocolate and vanilla frosted, chocolate and vanilla cookie crumb, coconut, and cinnamon. I had a cinnamon one and it was delicious.

There were also cookies, loaf cake, and cookie pies available. Everything looked great and the staff was so nice. I highly recommend this bakery.
    Thank you!!!!! Now I am sooooo super excited to go to this bakery. My 4 year old is so excited to be able to pick out anything she wants. I'm sure we'll be visiting this bakery often during our trip.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: