Quantcast Episode 21: Stand To The Right - Walk To The Left - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    Hey John, have you looked into webcams with built in microphones? These work better than headsets for video calls. That's what we used when my husband was deployed and how we keep in touch with distant family. Not sure how they would work with recordings, but it would be one less technical thing to have "plugged in".
    Nat - actually for audio quality, the headsets work best (being a radio guy - that's most important to me). Keeps the ambient noise down as well.
    John - aka. The Master Control Program
    Owner, Chairman & Chief Imagination Officer - INTERCOT

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Nat - actually for audio quality, the headsets work best (being a radio guy - that's most important to me). Keeps the ambient noise down as well.
    You're the expert!

Oh, and thanks for the heads up about the Star Wars Vinylmation iron on. It's super cheesy, but my DH would love it.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

You're the expert!

Oh, and thanks for the heads up about the Star Wars Vinylmation iron on. It's super cheesy, but my DH would love it.
    Glad someone found it interesting......

Post Thanks / Like

Glad someone found it interesting......

Iron on...so 1985.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post

Iron on...so 1985.
    Hey, it's only because it's a Star Wars vinylmation design that it's interesting. The whole concept is very bizarre, and I've never even done an iron on.

I do, however, own an iron. Score one for me.
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

Iron on...so 1985.
    More like 81. By 85 we had all moved on to airbrushing.
    Gary (aka dpamac)
    President, INTERCOT

Have you booked Your Magical Journey yet?

INTERCOT featuring Capn' Tom's "Ballad of the Yeti (The Yeti is Down)" remembers a grander time, when the Yeti once stood tall on Everest and functioned as he should. Download your copy of this epic and sad tale today!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Hey Ian:

Click Here
    Yeah, I found it eventually. I thought they were kind of cute, actually!

I actually sort of like the idea of taping two one hour shows at once and releasing them once a week.

Actually, maybe we could come up with a format something like the first show is about current events, breaking news, hot stories, and the like and the other is more general Disney content ... the best of segment, DVC stuff, history of Disney segments, trivia, tidbits, and stuff like that. That way the more recurring segments that keep getting pushed to the side for the "hot stories" would still get some airtime.

I'd also love to have the listeners throw out some more suggestions for recurring segments they'd like us to take up. I love doing the Best Of (it's my favorite part of every show) and I'd like to find some more like that.

I've also been toying with the idea of inviting guest contributors to the show. I think the show hosts need to put our heads together and try to figure out who/how we could get some good guests to join us ... maybe even some real Disney insiders!
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

btw best line of the show goes to Gary for, "I didn't want to expose my kids to something I wanted to beat with a stick!"
    Ian ºOº

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Iron on...so 1985.
    '85?? Try more like '75! Iron ons were mostly comprised of Charlie's Angels, the Six Million Dollar Man, the Fonz, and Corvette Stingrays!

Hey ... sounds like one of our podcasts ...
    Ian ºOº

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post

Actually, maybe we could come up with a format something like the first show is about current events, breaking news, hot stories, and the like and the other is more general Disney content ... the best of segment, DVC stuff, history of Disney segments, trivia, tidbits, and stuff like that. That way the more recurring segments that keep getting pushed to the side for the "hot stories" would still get some airtime.
    I think this is a great idea.
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Post Thanks / Like

'85?? Try more like '75! Iron ons were mostly comprised of Charlie's Angels, the Six Million Dollar Man, the Fonz, and Corvette Stingrays!

Hey ... sounds like one of our podcasts ...
    Which is why it's so weird that you all found it "lame"...

Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, this!
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

btw best line of the show goes to Gary for, "I didn't want to expose my kids to something I wanted to beat with a stick!"
    I say that far too often.
    Gary (aka dpamac)
    President, INTERCOT

INTERCOT featuring Capn' Tom's "Ballad of the Yeti (The Yeti is Down)" remembers a grander time, when the Yeti once stood tall on Everest and functioned as he should. Download your copy of this epic and sad tale today!

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't totally finish listening yet, still have about 40 minutes left. I don't care if they are long. We listened to about 4 of them interspersed throughout our long drive down to Florida last week. Ian, my DH gives you the big thumbs up. He does have an account and checks out the boards from time to time, but is not very active.

BIG KUDOS to the title of this episode. I never realized that this wasn't a universally understood thing until our most recent trip. I noticed it on the Land pavilion escalator (which is short, but still...) and ESPECIALLY on the Space Mountain moving walkway. We rode 3x and every time, people were just blocking up the entire thing and not letting anyone through.

My go to area music is Tower of Terror loop. Something about music from the 30s, sounding like people singing out of tin cans, really gets me. Nostalgia for a time period I didn't even live through. I know the entire hour and change loop. I actually bought an entire Bunny Berigan album because I love his trumpeting so much on "Can't Get Started."

Gary, I think I know the exact snippet of Epcot music you were talking about. It ALWAYS gets stuck in my head. I verbalize it as "Do do do do dee do do do do do doooooo." I had to stop listening after Ian started talking about Tomorrowland music so I don't know what else was covered but I have so many other faves ... World Showcase Entrance music ....MK Entrance Music... Main Street loop. And yes, I love Wilderness Lodge too. The old Wonders of Life Pavilion music. I could go on and on.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Ironed on to the two-toned, 3/4 length sleeved shirts. You know the ones...white shirt, colored sleeves. I still have a Queen one! (yes, the band and no, I don't wear it anymore)

Post Thanks / Like

I understand that very well. I'm a TV guy, and nothing bothers me more than when people shoot stuff and use the camera mic over an external microphone. A lot of good stuff on YouTube, but would be even better if some of the people invested in a decent microphone.

I'm enjoying all the podcast, both for the quality of them, as well as the great banter between the cast. I listen to a few podcast, but I'm very selective on what I listen to. If something sounds to amateurish, I'm out.

I'm of course a big fan of the Epcot music. I also have one of the original vinyl albums I bought on one of my first trips.

The plug and unplug worked for me on a home project. I just finished replacing a spark electrode on one of my gas stove top burners, but then two other burners stopped lighting. After trying to figure it out for a while, I unplugged the wires on the good burners electrodes, and plugged them back in, and they worked. I immediately thought of the Intercot Podcast. Hey, It works for more than just headsets.
    Chris °O°
    DISNEYLAND AP - First visit 1969

WALT DISNEY WORLD - First visit 1985
    HONG KONG DISNEYLAND - First visit 2005
    SHANGHAI DISNEYLAND - First visit 2016
    DISNEY DREAM CRUISE - First Cruise March 2019
    FUTURE + WORLD SHOWCASE = EPCOT (Favorite WDW park)

Post Thanks / Like

Michael left us with a teaser about the Marvel stuff at D23. Please address it next podcast, or a post, would love to see what Disney's plans are.
    WDW x 12
    DL x 2
    DCL x 3
    DVC circa 2007

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 2Epcot View Post
    I understand that very well. I'm a TV guy, and nothing bothers me more than when people shoot stuff and use the camera mic over an external microphone. A lot of good stuff on YouTube, but would be even better if some of the people invested in a decent microphone.

I'm enjoying all the podcast, both for the quality of them, as well as the great banter between the cast. I listen to a few podcast, but I'm very selective on what I listen to. If something sounds to amateurish, I'm out.

I'm of course a big fan of the Epcot music. I also have one of the original vinyl albums I bought on one of my first trips.

The plug and unplug worked for me on a home project. I just finished replacing a spark electrode on one of my gas stove top burners, but then two other burners stopped lighting. After trying to figure it out for a while, I unplugged the wires on the good burners electrodes, and plugged them back in, and they worked. I immediately thought of the Intercot Podcast. Hey, It works for more than just headsets.
    I nominate for post of the year

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PirateLover View Post

Gary, I think I know the exact snippet of Epcot music you were talking about. It ALWAYS gets stuck in my head. I verbalize it as "Do do do do dee do do do do do doooooo."
    Just reading your typed version of it gets it in my head. I just can't seem to make it come out of my mouth so it makes any sense! But it's awesome, isn't it?
    Gary (aka dpamac)
    President, INTERCOT

Post Thanks / Like

The other thing is (as I'm sure you've noticed ) our shows tend to run really, really long since we're having such a good time riffing on each other and just shooting the breeze, so a lot of times even segments we plan on doing as we start recording end up getting shelved.

Why do I mention this? Just in case that happens next time and neither one of the segments I just promised we'd do end up actually being a part of the show.
    I LOVE when you start riffing on each other and shooting the breeze. I don't like the podcasts that sound like a news report. I want to hear your take on things and hear real people. I am the only person in my circle obsessed with Disney, so I need folks like you!

AND - I am really perplexed with this AoA resort pricing. When I search for our famly of 5...2 adults and 3 kids.. for August 21 - August 27. I get the Polynesian price of $4188.39. And the AoA come up as $1748. That's a huge savings. Am I calculating something wrong? Did I NOT hear you suggest just doing a deluxe with the high prices AoA is charging? I must be missing something.

Oh - and I must say - Like the others, I cannot get enough of your podcasts. I tried to watch another sites video podcast, and I was watching the person eat chicken wings while they gave the podcast. I was thoroughly disgusted and haven't listened/watched since. Oh, I hope that wasn't the plan for one of your future podcasts.
    10/13 - ASSp
    06/13 - POR
    03/13 - COR
    12/12 - POR
    10/12 - AoA
    04/12 - POP
    02/12 - POP, Dream, ASMo
    11/11 - All Star Vacation Home & FWC
    5/11 - POFQ - D23 Destination D
    05/10 - POR & BC
    1976 - 1st visit & many childhood visits after!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: