Quantcast Jedi Training Academy

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Jedi Training Academy

Hi all , Are the kids still randomly picked to participate or can you sign up for a certain time ?
    1974 off site, 1985 off site, 1987 Disney Inn
    1997 CBR,1999 BW & Cruise, 2002 ASM, 2004 Pop, 2005 POFQ, 2006 Pop, 2007 ASMu, 2008 BC, May 2010 ASP, May 2012 POR

Boom baby !!! - Kuzco

Did you just have Chocolate Chip Cookies, or do you smell that good all the time. heh heh - Bear

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

It's now gone to a sign-up system. You'll need to make sure you're there at the park right at opening to sign up as the spots go really quickly. They do the sign-up at the old Sounds Dangerous area. It's marked.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Strmchsr View Post
    It's now gone to a sign-up system. You'll need to make sure you're there at the park right at opening to sign up as the spots go really quickly. They do the sign-up at the old Sounds Dangerous area. It's marked.
    We were there in Oct 2010 and I stood in line for about 2 hours so that my DS6 could fight Darth Vader. I didn't mind (even though I hate waiting in lines) because my wife took my son to a few other things. It was worth it, he was thrilled!!

But, this makes it sound like you don't have to stand in line anymore. Is that right?

Urbs
    Cresson, PA

Off Site - 76, 79, 82, 90
    Dixie Landings - 97
    Contemporary - 03
    ASM - 9/08
    PC 10/09 & 10/10
    FQ 11/12
    BW & CB 6/13
    Off Site (Parkway International) 9/13
    Shades of Green 9/14
    DCL (Wonder) 10/14
    AK Lodge & BW 5/15
    FW 9/15
    Shades of Green 3/16

Post Thanks / Like

Also, can you even get there at rope drop? From what I remember on our last trip, they hearded everyone to the right (most towards Toy Story).

Urbs
    Cresson, PA

Dixie Landings - 97
    Contemporary - 03
    ASM - 9/08
    PC 10/09 & 10/10
    FQ 11/12
    BW & CB 6/13
    Shades of Green 9/14
    DCL (Wonder) 10/14
    AK Lodge & BW 5/15
    FW 9/15
    Shades of Green 3/16

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Urbss View Post
    Also, can you even get there at rope drop? From what I remember on our last trip, they hearded everyone to the right (most towards Toy Story).
    No more standing in line. It's now strictly sign up. The only time you have to wait is if you don't make one of the automatic spots in the show. Then they'll give you a number as an alternate and take those as they have slots available.

And, yes, you can go there at rope drop. If you keep going straight they'll herd you past TSM, but if you take the left towards 50s Prime Time Cafe, go past Indy, you'll walk right into the sign-up area.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Strmchsr View Post
    No more standing in line. It's now strictly sign up. The only time you have to wait is if you don't make one of the automatic spots in the show. Then they'll give you a number as an alternate and take those as they have slots available.

And, yes, you can go there at rope drop. If you keep going straight they'll herd you past TSM, but if you take the left towards 50s Prime Time Cafe, go past Indy, you'll walk right into the sign-up area.
    Sweet!! I didn't even realize you could go to that side of the park when the ropes dropped.

So, my clan could head towards TSM and I could head over and sign up my son to fight Darth Vader? That would be great.

As much as I love TSM, and would hate to miss out on it. I would give that up for my son to have that experience again, especially since he will be 8 year old at the time and has really gotten a better understanding of the Star Wars movies since the last time we were there.

Thanks for all the great information everyone!!

Urbs
    Cresson, PA

Dixie Landings - 97
    Contemporary - 03
    ASM - 9/08
    PC 10/09 & 10/10
    FQ 11/12
    BW & CB 6/13
    Shades of Green 9/14
    DCL (Wonder) 10/14
    AK Lodge & BW 5/15
    FW 9/15
    Shades of Green 3/16

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Urbss View Post
    So, my clan could head towards TSM and I could head over and sign up my son to fight Darth Vader? That would be great.
    The child has to be present for the sign-up. Generally my wife takes our sons to sign up for JTA while I take our tickets to get fastpasses for TSM. The sign-up generally doesn't take long, though, even if there are a lot of people.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

We went during Star Wars Weekends last year. We got there early since it was the day Star Tours opened and the park was open very early.

They had a larger group of children and my son got to fight Darth Maul.

He loved the experience and it was well-worth doing if your child is into Star Wars.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: