Quantcast Poll question, Does John need a time out? - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

View Poll Results: Does John need a time out?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, give John a time out

5 25.00%
  • John has the right to have over inflated expectations of every aspect of his Disney vacation

7 35.00%
  • It was Gary that was throwing the tantrum

8 40.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Christine hit the nail on the head. For those on wheels, it's SO CONVENIENT. Just roll right on. Even for normal folks, you are almost guaranteed a SEAT. I can only remember standing on the monorail 2 or 3 times. Buses on the other hand, I stand on almost every night.

Also, as John mentioned- AIR CONDITIONING. Those boats get so stinkin' hot sometimes!
    Haven't ridden the ferry in a long time, but we were not pleased with the resort launch when we stayed at WL last summer. It did not hold nearly enough people and we ended up waiting almost an hour in the middle of a day. We took the buses the rest of our stay. Wished we had a monorail to hop on. ,

Lastly, you have the MAGIC factor. No boat or bus ride can ever beat the magical feel of gliding along on the monorail. When I'm staying at a "monorail" resort, I expect to use that mode of transportation 100% of the time for MK and Epcot.

By the way.... I haven't even listened to the episode yet. We are saving up a few to listen to on our drive down at the end of August.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    It's like the Wilderness Lodge. You have the boat to MK which takes AGES, or the direct bus which takes 5 min. So what if it's a bus? It's efficient transportation.
    I'm not sure you're comparing apples to apples, Nat. The bus and boat rides from a duration standpoint are actually not all that different from WL to MK. I've timed them both and the boat takes about 3-4 minutes longer than the bus on average.

The issue I see, though, is how long you have to wait to actually get on either method of transport. Those boats are pretty reliable. It's almost always spot-on 20 minutes between boats, but with the busses? Oy! You can wait an hour before another one shows up!

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    On my last trip, I chose to take a boat from MK to the Poly one afternoon. I videotaped the trip. Took under 7 minutes. And, for what it's worth, I beat the resort monorail that pulled into the MK station a minute after the boat I was on left the dock. That monorail was stopped just outside the CR for at least 4 minutes while our boat chugged on towards the Poly. So, I say, it all evens out in the end, usually.
    Agree with you on this point. Again, I've timed it multiple times and the boat from MK to Poly almost always beats a comparable monorail. The GF it's a sure thing, since the GF is the first boat stop and the last monorail stop. I think the boat is up to twice as fast compared to the monorail going from MK to GF.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Why tick people off for 3 hours that happens only once a week and ONLY during peak times. Stupid, stupid, stupid.
    Exactly
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    CR 74, 7, 11 Offsite 79,80,98,00,8 (2) Sports 94 DD 02 AKL 05, 08 AKLV 8 WL 6, 10 POP 07, 13 Movies 08 CBR 08 Swan 08 POFQ 08,11 CSR 08,13 FWC 09,13 Music 09 SSR-Tree 09 POR 10 12 Poly 10 (2) YC 10, BC 10, GF 10, AoA 13, OKW 13, Dream 11, next fwc 1/2014

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    I'm not sure you're comparing apples to apples, Nat. The bus and boat rides from a duration standpoint are actually not all that different from WL to MK. I've timed them both and the boat takes about 3-4 minutes longer than the bus on average.

The issue I see, though, is how long you have to wait to actually get on either method of transport. Those boats are pretty reliable. It's almost always spot-on 20 minutes between boats, but with the busses? Oy! You can wait an hour before another one shows up!
    My point with that was, if they switch to bus transport from the MK to the MK "monorail" resorts, the trip will take NO time. I would guess that getting to the GF will take the longest, and if you're staying at CR, you will have to choose whether to just walk it or hop on a bus, which will get you there in about 2 minutes once it leaves the station. The comparison to WL was that it has the option of bus or boat. Bus is faster if it's already at the stop. Will be the same during EMH. Guests will have to gauge which would be the more efficient trip. If there are boats ready to go, the boats will be faster, likely. If there is a bus at the station and no boats, the bus will probably be the better option.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: