Quantcast Validating Beverage System to Begin at Disney Resort Hotels - Page 8

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

I love this! We buy the mugs every time...and get our use out of them...

My qustion though has to do with the 5 minute thing...if the machine dispenses my 12 ounces of pop at a constant flow causing the fizzing and bubbling over which then causes me to have a messy cup and not a full cup...then I need to wait 5 minutes to put more into my cup just to get one full cup before I can sit down to eat or leave and go about my business...that will not make me very happy...so am I understanding this correctly?

Hopefully, I don't have to worry about it becasue they don't get out of their test phase at ASSp until after our August trip (in 11 more days!!!) but I was just wondering...
    Sherry

10 earlier times...
    1-08 ASMo ( MOM AND KIDS FOR 13 DAYS!!!)
    11-08 POP (Mom and Kids for 14 days!!!)
    4-21-10 thru 4-28-10 Pop Century (WE'RE GOING BACK!!!!!)
    8-13 thru 8-19-11 ASMo & 8-19 thru 8-28-11 CBR

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Question

Quote Originally Posted by waymickey View Post
    Has this started at any other Resort? POP?? CBR?
    I'm also interested in this. I'd like to know if any other resorts have implemented this yet, such as CBR?
    Next WDW Vacation: 1st Disney Cruise w. Land and Sea adventure, Summer 2014

WDW 76x ON PROPERTY since March 1984
    Most Recent Trip: Thanksgiving/Christmas 2013

Post Thanks / Like

I also despise people cheating the system. I feel like we give them a significant portion of our salary every year to go and enjoy the place and so to see people go and think well we are coming but we dont want to afford to be here is a huge slap in the face, to us! I am only wondering about this, still, will we be able to refill on all resort properties. If all resorts are disney affiliated, who are carrying the mugs, I dont understand why its any different to fill up at one as opposed to the other. We like to do a lot of photography at the different resorts, so it would be nice to still be able to get a drink at the other resorts. I know some people have said previously that they considered this to be cheating the system but with a brand new mug and still staying on property I am having a hard time understand how this is cheating anything. All their drinks are obviously owned by them and they sold us the drink.
    A man should never neglect his family for business.-Walt Disney
    Apr07-FW
    Feb08-FW
    Sep08-BC
    Sep09-POR
    Nov-Dec09-FW
    Dec09-BC
    Aug10-WL
    Jan11-SSR
    Oct11-ASM/FW/CBR/BC
    Dec11-ASM/BLT
    Jan12-WD
    Feb12-Off
    Sep12-BCV/Pop
    Jan13-FW/AOA
    Feb13-CBR
    Sept13-Dland
    Dec13-FW

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jonahbear2006 View Post
    I also despise people cheating the system. I feel like we give them a significant portion of our salary every year to go and enjoy the place and so to see people go and think well we are coming but we dont want to afford to be here is a huge slap in the face, to us! I am only wondering about this, still, will we be able to refill on all resort properties. If all resorts are disney affiliated, who are carrying the mugs, I dont understand why its any different to fill up at one as opposed to the other. We like to do a lot of photography at the different resorts, so it would be nice to still be able to get a drink at the other resorts. I know some people have said previously that they considered this to be cheating the system but with a brand new mug and still staying on property I am having a hard time understand how this is cheating anything. All their drinks are obviously owned by them and they sold us the drink.
    Actually I have seen disagreement about the interpretation ofthe current signs, so...does anyone really know...including castmembers??

Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're NOT out to get you!

Post Thanks / Like

Here is the exact wording from the beverage station at POR.

Unlimited Refills available from the Beverage Station until the end of the stay in which the mug was purchased. The Beverage Station offers Soft Drinks, Iced Tea, Coffee, Hot Cocoa, and Hot Tea.

No offense to CMs but they've told me in the past I could re-use an old mug, so I wouldn't go to them for correct information. When I read the above sign, I'm seeing I can re-use a current mug at a Disney beverage station during my current stay. I do not interpret this as using the mug at that specific station only.

BTW, I have a picture of this sign and typed it as-is (don't personally understand their capitalization usage).
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨Magic¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨

"Now approaching, Mickey's Star Traders"

If You Can Read This...
    ...Thank The Phoenicians!

Post Thanks / Like

I think that they should implement a system at the resorts like they have at BB. Buy a mug once and then on future trips buy a barcode at a cheaper price to get soft drinks. This worked out great for us whenever we were at BB in the summers. Does BB still do this? We stopped buying mugs years ago bc we ran out of room in the cabinet and don't get single drinks at the food courts. If we do get a drink, it's on the DDP with a QS meal or a snack.
    "Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes the bear eats you. But always dress for the hunt!" Kungaloosh!

"Happy are those whom the Muses love."

Post Thanks / Like

Question What happens in a split stay or 2 reservations?

I don't mind buying a new mug per trip, but what happens if I stay 4 or 5 days in one resort then 14 in another? Or have two different ressies? It happened because we are there longer than the 14 day dining pkg will allow so it has to be booked on two reservations. But I'm still there and I don't want to have to buy another mug . . . . .
    Shannon

~It's not the number of breaths you take, it's the moments that take your breath away~
    ~You should never take more than you give~ The Circle of Life

Post Thanks / Like

I have seen people use non-Disney mugs and it annoys me every time...even if it doesn't affect me at all
    Next WDW Trip: July 13 - 22, 2016 Wilderness Lodge

"There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow shining at the end of every day!"

"Let's Don't be Silly..." - The Mad Hatter

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EeyoresBestFriend View Post
    I don't mind buying a new mug per trip, but what happens if I stay 4 or 5 days in one resort then 14 in another? Or have two different ressies? It happened because we are there longer than the 14 day dining pkg will allow so it has to be booked on two reservations. But I'm still there and I don't want to have to buy another mug . . . . .
    I was just wondering the same thing. We almost always have back to back reservations at the same resort as they don't allow us to book more than 14 days at a time, so we have to check out and then check in again. Real pain in the you know what I really hope that we won't have to buy 2 sets of mugs every trip now. We already have "for life" mugs and a cupboard full of "end of stay" mugs.
    2-18 May 2011 POFQ
    2-14 May 08 POFQ 20th Anniversary Amazing weather
    5 -21 Dec 07 POFQ Fabulous weather
    26 Apr-16 May 06 POFQ - AWESOME. 20 days SUNSHINE
    27 Apr-10 May 05 POFQ
    04-11 May 00 POFQ 1st Trip We're hooked!

Disneyland 12-19 August 09 Grand Californian - Amazing Place

Post Thanks / Like

I am sure they have a way to reload your current mug on the new reservation. It is an RFID tag that can be reprogrammed. Otherwise, they can just give you a new one free on the second ressie.
    1 Week at Wyndham Bonnet Creek 06/17/17 - 06/24/17; 1 Week at Orange Lake Resort 06/24/17 - 06/30/17; 1 week at OKW 12/03/17 - 12/10/17

Post Thanks / Like

I stayed my first night at Sports where they have the validating system, and the rest at Movies where they don't. I had forgotten all about it till the machine told me I had 3 more refills left. I overflowed my cup while reading it lol. I could not help but laugh when I saw the disappointed faces when they realized the could not fill up their huge thermos' . That is really nerve.
    "To All Who Come To This Happy Place, Welcome "

79,87,88: off property
    89:CB
    99:POR (DS first visit & b-day)
    00,02,:ASS (DS b-day)
    04,05:POP
    06,07:ASM
    08:ASM (Anniversary Trip)
    Nov 08:ASM (DS first visit)
    Aug 2011 ASM (DS first visit, DS b-day)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyMom12 View Post
    I stayed my first night at Sports where they have the validating system, and the rest at Movies where they don't. I had forgotten all about it till the machine told me I had 3 more refills left. I overflowed my cup while reading it lol. I could not help but laugh when I saw the disappointed faces when they realized the could not fill up their huge thermos' . That is really nerve.
    So are also limiting how much you can drink per day? Or did it mean you had 3 days left still to use the mug?
    2-18 May 2011 POFQ
    27 Apr-10 May 05 POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Smiles View Post
    So are also limiting how much you can drink per day? Or did it mean you had 3 days left still to use the mug?
    Probably talking about a paper cup where you get 4 refills in an hour.
    Off Site-- All Star Movies-- Pop Century-- Coronado Springs-- Port Orleans French Quarter
    Walt Disney-"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money."

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, it was the paper cup. I got my mug the next day when dining started.
    "To All Who Come To This Happy Place, Welcome "

79,87,88: off property
    89:CB
    99:POR (DS first visit & b-day)
    00,02,:ASS (DS b-day)
    04,05:POP
    06,07:ASM
    08:ASM (Anniversary Trip)
    Nov 08:ASM (DS first visit)
    Aug 2011 ASM (DS first visit, DS b-day)

Post Thanks / Like

Sooo...I just came back from a 9 day stay at the Pop AND they have not implemented the new beverage system but when they do...it's going to be good.

This morning, at the food court a family with 6 Gatorade jugs fills each one up and I saw a few people filling up their own thermos to take into the park. I think it's a necessary evil at this point. I bought 2 mugs for $26 + change this trip. Seriously...6 GATORADE JUGS!!!! ENOUGH!!!!
    Julie
    Next Up:

Summer 2018... WE ARE BACK!!!
    2 families
    4 teenagers and Larry
    Taking on the parks!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by princessgirls View Post
    Sooo...I just came back from a 9 day stay at the Pop AND they have not implemented the new beverage system but when they do...it's going to be good.

This morning, at the food court a family with 6 Gatorade jugs fills each one up and I saw a few people filling up their own thermos to take into the park. I think it's a necessary evil at this point. I bought 2 mugs for $26 + change this trip. Seriously...6 GATORADE JUGS!!!! ENOUGH!!!!
    Julie
    Seriously??? I don't know why the CM's don't tell them NO! If they lose that part of their clientele, who cares! Saw some old mugs being used las week at WL, the combination of arrogance and ignorance really gauls me.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, I agree. They should lose this part of their clientele. You have paid to be in disney,.....pay the last $14 it cost you to get here. It's simply ridiculous. We were in goofys candy company where a guy was telling me how he would never stay on property, too expensive. He then recieved his 14 or something make your own snacks, which the guy put in a bag for him bc there was so many of them and then when he checked out his other things, put them between his legs so he didnt have to pay for the snacks. That being said, there are so many people who think Disney owes them something and most often they see it as a free drink. This is why the restaurants in the parks dont have refill stations. Too many people abusing the system. :-(
    A man should never neglect his family for business.-Walt Disney
    Apr07-FW
    Feb08-FW
    Sep08-BC
    Sep09-POR
    Nov-Dec09-FW
    Dec09-BC
    Aug10-WL
    Jan11-SSR
    Oct11-ASM/FW/CBR/BC
    Dec11-ASM/BLT
    Jan12-WD
    Feb12-Off
    Sep12-BCV/Pop
    Jan13-FW/AOA
    Feb13-CBR
    Sept13-Dland
    Dec13-FW

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by caryrae View Post
    Probably talking about a paper cup where you get 4 refills in an hour.
    WOW I didn't even know that you could refill the paper cups. Never would have thought of doing that, but then again we have a cupboard full of Disney Refillable Mugs.

We do have the "for lifetime mugs" also. Wonder how they will be handled now?
    2-18 May 2011 POFQ
    27 Apr-10 May 05 POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Will the new system affect the water dispenser? We bring Brita water bottles and like to fill with ice and water after our breakfast.

On a side note......one time I was at the drink filling station with my Brita bottle filling it with water. An older gentleman gave me the dirtiest look and even shook his head back and forth at me!!! I looked right at him and said "I am filling it with water!" then proceeded to continue filling it with water. Then took out my mug that I bought and filled it with pop.
    77-85:Day Trips at Easter
    88:Fort Wilderness
    91:Swan(Honeymoon)
    99:Wilderness Lodge
    00:Caribbean Beach
    02:POR
    03:Coronado Springs/Polynesian
    04:POR/Polynesian
    06:POR
    07:POR
    08:POR
    09:Polynesian

12:POR
    14:POR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Smiles View Post

We do have the "for lifetime mugs" also. Wonder how they will be handled now?
    We also have the "lifetime" mugs but haven't used them in years. At some point I think people have to accept they will be phased out, especially with the new automated system.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: