Quantcast Brazilian Tour groups - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

We have never had any problems with tour groups in the past. Not sure which is worse either the tour groups; or like you know the like cheerleaders that you know are like everywhere and like never stop talking you know. They do gymnastics and practice routine moves while waiting in line. One day you are going to see an accident report because one of them did the splits and hit some poor little kid.
    DL 2000 (off site)
    DW 2001 (CSR)
    DW 2008 (POP)
    DW 2009 (CSR)
    Sept 2011 POFQ
    Hoping to get back sooner vs. later. :)

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

For obvious reasons, they obviously don't stay at Shades of Green; for those that are able, it's away to avoid the BTGs, at least at the resort.
    Paradise Pier-2003
    Disneyland Hotel-2004
    Disneyland Hotel-2005
    PORS-2008
    Shades of Green - May 2015

Post Thanks / Like

Default A welcome change with the tour groups

Just got back yesterday and saw lots of the tour groups in all parks and at POR.

However, what I didn't see was any of them carrying the usual drums or whistles. In fact, other than chants, there was no additional noise-making.

Is this a new restriction by Disney? (I certainly hope so!)
    DL/DCA 40+ days a year 1999-2004
    10 D. CBR 6/02
    11 D. AKL 7/05
    6 D. CBR 12/05
    11 D. BWR 7/06
    11 D. POFQ (never again) 7/07
    7 D. CBR 11/07
    12 D. AKL/CR 7/08
    11 D. AKL 12/09
    12 D. BWI 6/10
    10 D. AKL 11/10
    10 D. POR (never again) 6/11
    10 D. AKL 12/11
    10 D. CBR 6/12
    Next 11D BWI 11/12

Post Thanks / Like

We were there last week & encountered MANY of these groups in EVERY park. I overheard, don't recall where, that they were staying at the AS's resorts. We were at Pop and there weren't any groups there. We didn't have any problems with the BTG's, but who in their right mind wants to follow any VERY large groups into any attraction line que?

While waiting in line at Soarin, tons of kids from one extremely large group, were also in the que, the CM told us that high season for the BTG's starts mid June & goes thru all of July. She didn't voice any complaints, we were just making conversation, but I'd guess large groups of any kind I'm sure pose some challenges!
    Shari
    -"There's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow..."

'02 - All Star Movies
    '04, '05, '06, '10, '11, '16, '19, '21 - Pop Century

'08 - Offsite/Pop Century
    '13, '21 - Offsite
    '17 - Port Orleans/French Quarter!

Post Thanks / Like

I know the tour groups are allowed to be there just like everyone else. But, there really annoying for 3 reasons. 1)They sing all the time,2)They take for ever to finish making all there fastpasses,3)They make the fastpass line not so fast.
    4/1985,10/1997,6/2000,7/2002-off site 7/2003-AS Music
    7/2005,2/2006,8/2007-POR
    2/08-AS Movies
    7/08,2/09,8/09,3/10-Pop Century
    11/10,8/11,8/12,11/12, 3/13,8/13 AS Sports
    Next trip???
    "It all started with a mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

My sister-in-law just got back and said that they also whistle back and forth to each other in the parks. Then two large groups meet up with each other.
    Susan A

Post Thanks / Like

Default Just got back last end of June.

I got back at the end of June after spending 7 days at the parks. My trip started at the AS Music, but due to issues w/ the BTG's, and speaking to Disney Operations/Service, they elected to upgrade me to Dixie Landings. Best thing for all involved.

They were noisy and dominated the resort, and blocking up everything at MK. It's already hard enough to enjoy the MK due to all of its maintenance and ride issues, without having to dodge the BTG's.

Difference b/w the BTGs and the cheerleading groups. CL's are quieter at the hotel, and speak english.
    Last edited by texas211; 07-09-2011 at 07:28 PM. Reason: Forgot to add

Post Thanks / Like

Good points texas211. And if Disney has to keep upgrading people because of these nuisances, maybe they'll do something to reign-in the behavior. For what I spend on a WDW vacation, and the precious time I have with family, I will not let some group wreck it. I'll work hard to get them expelled from the park/hotel, or demand a refund/upgrade (or just go at a non-groupy time).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jcvalenti View Post
    What I love is that when Americans travel overseas, people call us "ugly" if we don't try to follow local custom, but if these tour groups knock your kids over rushing onto the rides, it's a "cultural difference".

Disney World is in the USA. In the USA, we take turns and line up. If you're doing anything else, you are being rude.
    AMEN TO THAT!!!!! My wife and I were there a couple of weeks ago and maybe we were seeing the first waves of tour groups coming in and I have to admit they were pretty annoying.

After our trip to WDW we went to the Keys. We were talking to an older couple who said their daughter had been one of several Cinderallas for about twelve years. She said that everyone that worked at WDW dreaded this time of year when all the foreign tour groups showed up. We thought it was kind of funny.

Post Thanks / Like

We just got back yesterday. The BTG's were in all four parks during our stay. As a matter of fact, if they weren't there, the parks would've felt empty., which surprised me. The Polynesian was quiet compared to usual. Even easy to get a table around the pool! There were just thousands of these kids in the parks, chanting and swarming and clogging up the fastpass machines and lines. It was horrible heading towards Soarin' for example, and suddenly one of these very quick moving groups was ahead of you. They moved fast, noisily and seemed oblivious to those around them. Soarin' was just bedlam with the screaming and chanting during the ride. Annoying for sure, but of course, we rolled with it. My philosophy has always been that Disney is for everyone. So what can you do?
    Lisa
    Multiple visits over Multiple years
    30 plus stays at Disney's Polynesian resort

Post Thanks / Like

Just wow.

Post Thanks / Like

Ughhh!!!!! Reading this thread is just getting me angry!!!! It keeps reminding me of different instances on our last trip that were frustrating with the BTGs.

For example, on Haunted Mansion they were taking flash pictures throughout the entire ride!!! (I hope they enjoyed their pictures of glass and blank walls) During the ride we yelled many times no flash pictures. I even tried to yell in Spanish no pictures, unfortunately I realized they are speaking portuguese!!

I understand WDW is for everyone. But in an instance like this I wish they would have stopped the ride and explained to them NO PICTURES!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Reading this thread is getting me angry for a different reason. Really people? It's July. It's going to be crowded. Kids are going to be noisy. Noisy kids speaking English or noisy kids speaking Portuguese. What's the difference? I've encountered the BTG in January and I have no complaints. Actually, I kind of like that they travel in big groups because that way they are easy to avoid. If I spot them heading for Soarin I know that area is going to get crowded so I head off to enjoy the attractions in other areas. It's not like the entire park is overrun. I have also encountered the dreaded cheerleader groups in February with no complaints. Maybe I'm just too busy enjoying my own family to notice.
    Michelle

Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, lots of hate in this thread. I do believe that it would be a good time to shut this thread down ( I am honestly surprised and disappointed that it hasn't been deleted already). I can understand that some may have a legitimate point as far as certain areas of the park being busier when these tour groups (Brazilian, cheerleaders, Pop Warner, etc...), but people are making statements that are flat hateful, offensive, and flat out rude. I would hope that those making statements like some that I have read in this thread can take a long, hard look in the mirror and realize that there are times that maybe THEY ARE THE ANNOYING ONES, and don't realize it. So, let me ask you this...you have a disgruntled child that will not stop crying when you are trying to enjoy a show, attraction, what have you. I understand this because they are children and children will sometimes, cry, scream, and carry on. Point being, how many of you (of those who knock these tour groups) can say HONESTLY that you have not lost your cool while in the parks, hotels, DTD?? Parents who lose control and scream at the top of their lungs at a child because they will not stop whatever behavior is annoying you. Repeating over and over, "Stop it, stop it, stop it. Do you want a spanking" for all to hear. This is just ONE example.
    My point is, before you go ahead and knock large groups (from possibly non-English speaking countries who paid their money just like you did and are enjoying a vacation, just like you are), think about things throughout each day that maybe others may find offensive, rude, and/ or bothersome. If you don't want to be around these BTGs then go where they are not and mind your own business. They are not there to follow you so don't fololow them. Another thing to think about is, and I believe that I read a few people post about the singing and whistling to one another. Want to know why they are doing this, beyond having fun? Because they are not watching you and judging you. They are having fun with one another and not worrying about what you are doing.
    Flame away but think about what you post because alot of people come off as arrogant, rude, and pompous.....more so than any BTG or cheerleader group that i have come across.
    POP 05, 06, 07, 09
    All Star Sports 08
    AKKV 10
    CBR 9/14 -25, 2011
    POR 9/9/2012 - 9/20/2012
    8/31/2013 thru 9/1/2013 All Star Sports
    9/2/2013 thru 9/13/2013 Caribbean Beach Preferred Room

Post Thanks / Like

Moderator Note--

The original poster was simply asking if the Brazilian Tour Groups were to be expected in the parks in July, and that question seems to have been answered.

Making sweeping negative generalizations about any one group of people is bound to create ill-feelings. While there have been valid points made about bad behavior in the parks (from all groups of people, I might add), some of the comments here have been offensive and even somewhat threatening. That's not what INTERCOT is about, so it's time to close this thread.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: