Quantcast Brazilian Tour groups

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default Brazilian Tour groups

I know the answer will probably already be yes....but does anyone know if in July all the Brazilian tour groups will be there like usual?

Thanks!
    My laughin' place is a doom buggy

12 times at the world and counting!
    Next trip: June 20 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Yep. In fact it's supposedly going to be a record year for South American visitors coming to WDW.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Thats just great.... Look I know they have just as much right to be there as anyone...but most of the interactions I have had with them has been bad... oh well. Its a vacation lol, and its Disney World, not Disney USA lol. Maybe this will be the year I wont almost get run over by the tour groups, or get nasty looks from them because I wont let them cut in front of me for soarin...
    I am addicted!
    9-08 Caribbean Beach Resort (Honeymoon)
    1-09 All-Star Sports
    12-09 Pop Century
    5-10 Pop Century
    3-11 All-Star Sports
    7-11 Wilderness Lodge
    3-12 Port Orleans Riverside
    5-12 Pop Century
    12-12 Saratoga Springs
    DVC Member since 2012!

Post Thanks / Like

Is there a time of year these tour groups typically visit?

We have been going the 3rd week of August for the past 6 years and we never see any tour groups, except for local schools/day care facilities doing day trips.

I keep reading horror stories about these tour groups and I'm a bit worried.
    Jen

Next trip: Beach Club Villas; August 2011.

Post Thanks / Like

We vacationed from Jan 8 -15th this year & the Brazilian tour groups were out in full force. Was not aware they had a 2nd round during the summer.
    DVC Member as of 11/09 BLT!!
    1992 Dolphin Resort
    1995 stayed off-site
    2002 All-Star Movies Resort
    2007 (Oct) Port Orleans French Quarter
    2008 (Nov )1 night at POP
    2008 (Nov) Old Key West Resort
    2011 (Jan) BLT 2 room suite!!!
    2011 (Oct/Nov) BLT 1 bedroom suite
    2012 (Oct) BLT 2 room suite :-)

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, they are typically there January and July.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dyanna View Post
    We vacationed from Jan 8 -15th this year & the Brazilian tour groups were out in full force. Was not aware they had a 2nd round during the summer.
    Same here. I was there the following week in January. I really noticed the big groups the first two or 3 days and then they were virtually gone.

Does anyone know where they stay? On property? Off? Values? Deluxes?
    Past Visits:
    1984 & 85 Off Site
    1999 CBR
    2003 BW/GF
    2009 WL
    2011 Poly
    2013 YC, WL, CR (good year!)
    2014 AKL
    2015 GF, CS , Poly, SSR
    2016 YC, Universal Portofino, GF, Waldorf

"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must live." - Bukowski

Post Thanks / Like

that's about all I can say.
    Planned for 2015, SSR in June, BWV in July
    14 AKL & BCV
    13 WLV & BCV & SSR
    12 AKV, BCV, POFQ
    11 Akv, BCV, SSR
    10 AKV, BCV, WLV
    09 AKV, BCV,POFQ
    08 BWV, WL & BC
    07 OKW
    06 SSR, OKW, BC, PR & DVC
    05 AKL, CBR, WL & HARDROCK
    04 CS & DISNEYLAND
    98 CS
    77, 87, 94 OFF SITE

Post Thanks / Like

DH and I went to WDW last October and one particular Brazilian group was EVERYWHERE!! It must've been a music group because certain kids always had a tamborine! While standing in line for BTMR they played it constantly while other kids jumped in and out of line. Where are the castmembers when we need them?
    ~Jen, Jon, Collin, & Brady~

Owners in BLT!!

Next trip: BCV in February 2019!

So many great trips!!
    Off-site the first trips
    Disney Villas(way back!)
    CBR
    AS Mu/Mo/Sp
    CSR
    POR x2
    AKL/BW
    BLT
    BWV
    Poly DVC

1363 miles from WDW - too far!! :-(

Post Thanks / Like

They don't bother me. I just steer clear. And the chanting doesn't bother me either. They're just excited to be there. (Actually, sometimes I think we Americans are so buttoned-down, cluck-cluck-ish that we could stand a little ruckus now and then.)

As far as line-jumping, hopefully if the CMs are preparing themselves, they can take care of the situation when it happens.

Alissantos, as others have said, I think you would see the same complaints about any large, vocal teen groups that come to WDW at the same time. People don't mean to be disrespectful to Brazilians in particular. If chanting Genovian teens traveled in large groups with a flag leader, believe me, there would be posts about Genovian teens.
    Many visits over 35+ years!
    DVC member since 2004 (SSR)

Stayed at: Bay Lake Tower, Polynesian, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Boardwalk, Beach Club, Dolphin, PO Riverside, AS Sports, AS Movies, Saratoga, Vero Beach, Hilton Head, Aulani, Disneyland Hotel, and Grand Californian.

Post Thanks / Like

I think the responsibility lies with the adults in charge of the party. If the kids are made to understand how annoying queue jumpimg and chanting are to others, and if the group leaders made some attempt to stop them, instead of ignoring it or even joining in, I think the kids would be more cooperative.
    I have taken parties of teens to DL Paris, they understood the need to behave themselves, and we had no problems. We didnt make them travel about as a large group, I think it must be awful to have to go on rides you are scared of or into stores you are not interested in, most of our pupils toured with 2 or 3 like minded friends, some staying with me by choice for all or part of the day, because they said I was a Fastpass and WDW expert. They mostly loved discovering things on their own, then meeting up with others to swap stories and advice on the best rides.
    Our pupils spoke no more French than the Brazilians speak English, but they manged fine, and anyway, as others have said, the problems with tour groups are not confined to none US parties.

Post Thanks / Like

I live and work in Edinburgh and used to work in the Museums and the Scottish Parliament. We used to have really big problems with tour groups but it was never just confined to groups from one country. No matter what country they are from when bigs groups get together they can cause problems (even when they don't mean too).
    What helps is staff in the places they are visiting and the people in charge of the group working together to make sure that everyone knows the rules and what kind of behaviour is not acceptable. This works for the majority of groups.
    Of course there are always those who will misbehave no matter what. When I worked in the parliament we had one group of Italian students try to steal the bolted down seats in the debate chamber. Turns out they had been banned from the airline they flew in on for stealing the life jackets under the seats. The group leaders just couldn't handle them all.
    Dragongirlx (AkA Ruth)

Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

2004 - offsite
    2006 - Dolphin
    2007- WL
    2008 - Poly
    2009 - WL
    2010 - GF
    2012 - WL
    2013 - WL
    2014 - WL

Post Thanks / Like

we just got back from a 2 week trip and there were A LOT of tour groups. We saw all 20 kids get on the single rider line for Test Track and made the wait go from 10 to 30 min. All we did was when we saw a large group of brightly colored shirts go one way we went the other. No problems though, not really a big deal.
    Countless Disneyland trips
    May 2000 Honeymoon 1st DW Trip
    April 2001 AS Music
    May 2003 Off-site
    December 2003 AS Movies
    July 2004 Disneyland
    December 2005 AS Movies
    September 2007 Pop
    March 2009 Pop
    Christmas 2010 Movies
    June 2011 off-site
    Christmas 2012 Caribbean Beach