Quantcast Anyone try the Cupcake Store DTD?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Anyone try the Cupcake Store DTD?

First, is it on the dining plan as a snack item? We are (my DDand I) allergic to chocolate, do they have any good cupcakes without choc? I hate to take her there just to torture her with great looking cupcakes but very little choice that she can eat. Thanks.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Harrisonburg, VA--too far from the magic!
    Post Thanks / Like

I think I just read in Figments updates (in the Rumors section) that they take the dining plan snack credits and it can also be used as a desert for the Pollo place next door to it. I don't know about the menu.
    șoș Tiffany șoș

Many trips offsite growing up
    2/08 CBR
    10/09 Pop/POFQ
    12/09-1/10 POR/CR
    10/10 POLY
    12/11 POFQ

Next Up:
    POFQ 10/14 - 11/14

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't tried the cupcakes at the DTD location, and have only had the chocolate ones here in NYC... but they DO have non-chocolate menu items. They do their baking each day so actual items available may change but their standards include red velvet, carrot and vanilla cupcakes, all different kinds of loaves, donuts, cookies and cookie sandwiches (filled with frosting), etc. I'm pretty sure you and your DD won't feel deprived.
    Ellen
    INTERCOT Staff: Dining, Disney Cruise Line, Guests with Special Needs

Next up:
    Christmas with the Mouse
    President's Week 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ElenitaB View Post
    I haven't tried the cupcakes at the DTD location, and have only had the chocolate ones here in NYC... but they DO have non-chocolate menu items. They do their baking each day so actual items available may change but their standards include red velvet, carrot and vanilla cupcakes, all different kinds of loaves, donuts, cookies and cookie sandwiches (filled with frosting), etc. I'm pretty sure you and your DD won't feel deprived.
    I've tried many of the desserts at the one in NYC, lots of which weren't made with chocolate, and they were all INCREDIBLE!!!!!
    Next trip officially booked!!! Sept 13, 2011!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Where is this cupcake store? It's only been a year since we were last there, but I do not remember such a place. Sounds fabulous!

Harrisonburg, VA--too far from the magic!
    Post Thanks / Like

It is where McDonalds used to be, along with Pollo Campero and Fresh-A-Peel. It can be used as the desert part of the CS credit for either of these places from what I've read. The menu changes daily, but on one day, a person reported desserts like pumpkin and lemon cupcakes, and vanilla cupcakes with blueberry topping. I haven't been so I can't say how good it is.
    șoș Tiffany șoș

Many trips offsite growing up
    2/08 CBR
    10/09 Pop/POFQ
    12/09-1/10 POR/CR
    10/10 POLY
    12/11 POFQ

Next Up:
    POFQ 10/14 - 11/14

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by beksy View Post
    It is where McDonalds used to be, along with Pollo Campero and Fresh-A-Peel. It can be used as the desert part of the CS credit for either of these places from what I've read. The menu changes daily, but on one day, a person reported desserts like pumpkin and lemon cupcakes, and vanilla cupcakes with blueberry topping. I haven't been so I can't say how good it is.
    Sounds yummy! I love cupcakes

Post Thanks / Like

They were featured on the food channel recently...it all looked yummy yummy yummy!!!

I'm sure you'll be able to find something chocolate free, and is incredible!

Enjoy!

Julie
    Next Up:

Summer 2018... WE ARE BACK!!!
    2 families
    4 teenagers and Larry
    Taking on the parks!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by beksy View Post
    Yes! It's called Baby Cakes!!!! It's one of the things we are looking forward to most while visiting!!!! Gluten-free, dairy-free, and egg-free!!! It's like they put it there for meeee!!!
    Next trip officially booked!!! Sept 13, 2011!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Yes,even one of my friend told me about the taste of choco cupcakes at the same store and she was bit disappointed with the taste.
    Last edited by Hammer; 05-19-2016 at 12:27 PM. Reason: removed link for another site

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by flipadeeflop View Post
    Yes! It's called Baby Cakes!!!! It's one of the things we are looking forward to most while visiting!!!! Gluten-free, dairy-free, and egg-free!!! It's like they put it there for meeee!!!
    I thought it was called Sprinkles. Is this the one with the cupcake vending machine?
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

Post Thanks / Like

I was thinking the OP meant Sprinkles, too.
    NEXT TRIP - DCL Fantasy Oct. 2016
    Yacht Club - Oct. '14, Dec. '15
    Poly - Dec. '07, '09
    Grand Flo - Too many times to keep track!
    CBR - May '10, Oct. '10, Dec. '11
    POR - Sept & Dec '03
    AoA - Oct. '12, Dec. '13
    Pop - May '11

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azcavalier View Post
    I thought it was called Sprinkles. Is this the one with the cupcake vending machine?
    This is an old thread! Sprinkles just opened, yes. Baby Cakes is still there though (across from Raglan Road) as far as I know.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: