Quantcast Newbie and Last Family Trip - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mouseketeer mom View Post
    Did you see the sheep with the hidden mickey shaved into his fur? Always fun to see!
    No! We missed that. It must have been sleeping on that side. We will have to remember to look for it next time.
    DD is headed back this summer for a 2nd tour as a CP Intern!
    Time to renew our annual passes.

Last trip was Mar 2015
    Next trip is Aug 2015
    Began with day trips in 70's
    Too many trips to count

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Thanks for the Report!
    ºoº David, Lisa, Aaron and Allison
    98-PO
    00-CB & ASMo
    01-Swan
    02-CS
    03-POR
    04-POP
    05-PO / CR
    07-PO / CR
    08-ASMu
    09-AKL
    10-CR, CS & PP DL
    11-NB DLP & SSR
    12-BLT & BLT
    13-GC DL & BLT
    15-Aulani & BLT
    16-ASMu & GC DL
    17-BWI, THV, CSR, BLT
    18-BLT, OKW, OKW, CBR, GF & BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Default Day 5 - Epcot

I apologize for the delay. I had to take time for some things (including Father's Day). I hope those reading are not too disappointed. Okay here we go.

Today is Epcot day. After waking up and a quick breakfast at the hotel, we drive over, parking in Journey row 8. DS wants to get a FastPass ticket for Fast Track. Someone gave him three FP tickets that they were not using, so we had extra. I spotted a girl who the princess makeover walking towards us with her family. I stood and bowed while saying, “Your Highness.” She giggled and enjoyed that so much I tried to do it to every other Princess I encountered that day. I gave her a Princess pin I had on my lanyard.

We headed into the Coke exhibit in order to taste the drinks from around the world. Some are tasty, some are a little weird. Walking back towards Fast Track, we passed the Winnie The Pooh hedge sculptures. We stopped to take pictures. DW posed with Pooh, DD mimicked Tigger’s pose, and DS and I both posed beside Eeyore.

Next came Imagination, so DW could get her Figment fix. Figment is a must do on every trip for us. GF enjoyed the ride, but she enjoyed the machines that you play with after even more. DS and DW headed to ride Fast Track while DD and I waited with GF. We went into Innoventions to look around. They have an area called Torture Lab so naturally we were intrigued. DD and GF played with some of the displays until it was time to catch up with the others. We gave away our extra FastPass tickets so we could begin our world trip.

Since we were at that end, we headed towards Mexico. Of course, everyone decided they had to have food. We stopped at La Cantina de San Angel and got nachos, churros and drinks. After shopping, everyone else went on the Gran Fiesta ride. I held our drinks and enjoyed the views. We looked around a bit after they finished the ride. There were statues of parrots in different poses in one of the windows. My daughter thought the dancing parrots were just plain creepy.

On to Norway. After shopping, DW and I rode Maelstrom. It has the funniest wall mural of Norwegian people. Men are depicted as being warriors, fishermen and oil rig workers. In the middle is a tall blonde Norse woman who is a cruise director on a cruise ship. I guess Julie from the Love Boat was from Norway.

We shopped our way through China next, before hitting Germany. After a little window shopping, DS was overcome by the availability of bratwurst and pretzels from Sommerfest. The girls had all sorts of chocolate items from Karamelle-Kuche. I just took pictures and watched them enjoying their food. We pressed on to Italy where we sat and watched a group putting on a show. It was some women dressed in red, singing and making jokes about handsome men in the audience. I spotted a Photopass photographer so we had lots of pictures taken.

We reached America and DW always wants to see the show so we went into the rotunda and caught the a cappella group Voices of Liberty. They sounded fantastic as usual. We went in and caught the American Adventure show. The air conditioning was most welcome. After we were done with Ben Franklin and Mark Twain, we headed to Japan and more shopping. Most of our shopping was of the window variety. In Morocco, I was able to snag a picture of DS trying on a Fez (for those in the know, here’s another Doctor Who reference).

Then we made it to France, where my daughter was in heaven. She took French in high school and has been enthralled with the country since. She bought some items and we got plenty of Photopass pictures. I purchased DW a glass of Moet at La Maison du Vin. It was well worth the $13 per glass. She and I sat at a table outside while the kids waited in line at Boulangerie Patisserie for some delicious pastries. We were discussing the other countries with GF while at the table and we were talking about Canada. The people sitting at the next table said, “or you could just come visit us.” They were from Canada, so we had a good laugh and talked about their country. I took advantage of this to ask them how they felt about visiting their “home” country while here. They did not seem all that impressed by the exhibit. I guess it would be like going to another country and there being a small display of America there. I would probably skip it as well.

On the bridge between France and the UK, we hit up another Photopass photographer, who gladly obliged and took many pictures of just me and my wife in romantic poses with France in the background. Finally we made it to the United Kingdom. The first stop was the phone booth for pictures. On the picture of my daughter, I put the caption “I thought it was bigger on the inside”, for yet another Doctor Who reference (even though it’s not really a Call Box). I completely forgot to write down the phone numbers in order to call them while standing a few feet away to see who would answer.

We split up to shop. DD and I wound up in The Crown and Crest, where she found a small Beatles tin that looked like a tiny lunch box. She had to have it. We stepped outside to catch part of the performance by The English Channel. I wrote about them in another thread, but I was not overly impressed. They are okay, but it’s apparent that at least three of them are not from the UK and sound genuinely American. I did not hear the other one speak. Their music is alright, and the choices are good. The mixture is a bit eclectic but they have a wide range to cover. My son found some things in Fancy Goods for Lords and Ladies to buy for GF to complement the other things he had been buying for her.

It was just after 3 pm, so we had time to stop at Canada and finish our trip around the world before our early dinner reservations. DW and I sat and caught our breath while the kids shopped. I got a great picture of my son wearing a moose hat with antlers. He refused to wear it while I had the camera out until GF made him put it back on. Seems she has him trained fairly well. We watched a family go by and overheard the mother saying, “Baby, Momma’s legs are tired.” We got a good laugh and completely understood the sentiment.

This is a good place for a break. When I pick up the narrative, we head to our dinner reservations at Coral Reef and we take in Illuminations. See you then.

Last trip was Mar 2015
    Next trip is Aug 2015
    Too many trips to count

Post Thanks / Like

Default Day 5 Epcot - Coral Reef and Illuminations

With our World trip concluded, it was time to head to the Living Seas. We made it to the Coral Reef Restaurant with a few minutes to spare. When they walked us to our table, we looked around the room in amazement. This is a great place to visit, much less to sit and eat. Our waiter came right over and was a very personable man. He was from Korea and was outstanding at making us feel comfortable and relaxed.

After drinks (Corona, tea and soda), we ordered Rainbow Trout, NY Strip Steak, Lobster Ravioli, Seared Chicken Breast, and Leeks Potato Soup. We spent our average $200 for the scheduled meals and it was well worth it.

After our fabulous meal, we decided to split up a bit, as there were different things people wanted to do before our last day. I dropped DS and GF at Animal Kingdom, then delivered DW to the hotel for a quick nap. DD and I headed to Hollywood Studios because there was a quilted throw that she had been keeping her eyes on, and we told her we would get it for her. GF had been seeking a safari hat but had not been having any luck because she wanted a specific type. We searched at the Indiana Jones shops but no luck there either. We picked up the quilted throw at Celebrity 5 and 10, as well as a tea cup for a gift for a friend of hers, and I finally got my Mickey tote bag.

Everybody met back at the hotel and we headed back to Epcot for Illuminations. We got a great parking spot in the 3rd row and walked right in. DS and GF headed off somewhere on their own while DD, DW and I staked out a spot and spread a blanket for Illuminations. I went over and bought pretzels and water for everyone and DD and I put together the last of the glow bracelets and necklaces we had brought to give away. She wandered around handing them out to small kids. We could track where she was by listening for the squeals of delight. DS and GF joined us in time and we enjoyed a great show. This is usually one of the last things we do on our trips, and it always is wonderful (if not just a touch bittersweet since it signals the nearing of our time there).

We hung around as everyone headed to the exits. There’s no rush and things just get too crowded after the show. Besides, I still had a handful of pins to trade. We hit all the CM’s in the stores right there on the lake. I wound up with about 4 pins untraded, but we still had DTD tomorrow. We began making our way to the exit, stopping to let the kids play on the lit sidewalks. It was more fun when they were 5 or 6, but this was good too, because they had all the memories of playing on them before. My daughter has always been shy about approaching strangers and that is why I wind up trading her pins for her. She spotted a CM at one of the stands and went up to him and asked if she could see his pins. He looked forlorn and replied, “I’m sorry, we are not allowed to trade pins after 9.” It was 9:30, and she almost walked away before he could no longer contain his smile. She blushed when she finally caught on, and we traded with him.

A quick drive back to the hotel and soon everyone was fast asleep. Tomorrow is a full day at Down Town Disney and a showing of Pirates of the Caribbean 4 in the Fork and Screen dining theater.

Last trip was Mar 2015
    Next trip is Aug 2015
    Too many trips to count

Post Thanks / Like

Great report I felt as if I was their with you...
    August 1989- Caribbean Beach Resort
    July 1996- Swan
    July 1998- Contemporary Resort
    May 2010- Boardwalk
    October 2011-POP!
    June 2013 - Off Property
    July 2014- Off Property
    October 2014 - AKL
    April 2015 - POP!
    June 2015 - ?

Post Thanks / Like

Terrific reports. Love reading about your adventures!