Quantcast Has anyone tried cinderellas royal table?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Has anyone tried cinderellas royal table?

Disneys site makes cinderellas royal table sound magical. Whats your experience? I thought it would be a great way to kick off our first day at the world to go to mk and then have dinner at crt followed by the parade and fireworks. Im really excited about it.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

If anyone in your party thinks Disney princesses are among the very best things in Disney World, then Fairytale Dining at Cinderella's Royal Table (the official name of all three meals) is a must.

You will be greeted by Cinderella in the entrance lobby, and you'll take pictures with her. You'll then go upstairs to the dining room, and during your meal four princesses will make their way to your table for a brief meet and a photo op. Girls get a souvenir wand and boys get a souvenir sword.

For guests at the right age and with a magical view of Disney princesses, it's an unforgettable time. It's very expensive. The food is okay. But you're not paying for the food, you're paying for the experience. We did breakfast, the least expensive of the 3 meals. It was a very large expense for breakfast. Although each person is served a plate of food, it's an all-you-care-to-eat meal, meaning your server will keep bringing you more food at your request.

We did it once. I'm not racing back to do it again, but it was a magical experience for our then-6.5 year old daughter ... and our then-9 year old son said it wasn't the "icky" experience he thought it would be.

Post Thanks / Like

Something everone should experience once.
    Live Life Joyfully!
    [FONT="Arial Narrow"][SIZE="2"]'73 - DL;
    '78, '89 - DW -off property;
    '94, 00, '07 - Dixie Landing; '96 - CBR; '98 - CSR;
    '99 - Disney Cruise;
    '01 - WL Christmas Celebration; '03, '06, '12, '13
    '10 POFQ; '11 POP (2x)

Post Thanks / Like

I'm one of the few that doesn't think CRT for dinner is all that bad food wise. Although I don't think it's as magical as they lead you to believe.

Cinderella didn't greet us in the lobby... We were ushered into a line waiting to pose for pictures. While we waited, several attendents would scream to have your party together and make sure you have your pen and autograph book ready.

We were directed to the stairs to go up to the dining room where someone then directed us to our table. At the times, it was only the Fairy Godmother with Suzy and Gus I think that performed a little show.

The food is OK. It's not on par with other signature dining experiences though. Our first meal, we got a nice lithograph and the picture. I think our second time we were celebrating an anniversary and got toasting glasses to bring home along with the picture. Last time, all we got was the bill (and the picture). It seems each time the total on the bill went up.

Breakfast was dreadful... Character interaction was rushed, and the food was the same breakfast fare you see all over property. Nothing special to warrant the prices.

I'd go if you want to experience it. If you want a better value, dinner would be my preference. I wouldn't knock yourself out to get a reservation though.

Post Thanks / Like

We did it once and I'm really glad we did, but have no desire to do it again. Waiting for our picture with Cinderella and waiting for our table seemed a bit hectic, but we got beautiful pictures and got seated before the girls got too frustrated. Once seated everything calmed down, our server was great, the Princesses were amazing and spent a lot of time with our girls. I didn't like the food I ordered at all, but everyone else seemed to enjoy theirs (we went for lunch). As someone pointed out, you're not really paying for good food, you're paying for the experience. At the end the girls got their wands, the Fairy Godmother put on a little bit of a show and we were done. The girls loved it all. One of the best parts for us was getting pictures of the park from the windows, great view!

This next trip we're looking forward to seeing the Princesses at Akershus.

Post Thanks / Like

Our six-year-old (now almost 13) loved it, as did we, when we went. We were next to the windows on one side, and we were treated to Peter Pan showing up directly on the other side of the window from DD!

Got her goofy grin captured when she realized who it was.

Definitely at least once.

Disneyland Anaheim JUL66
    Cocoa Beach Hilton SEP86
    [just passing through] OCT94
    Coronado Springs JAN03, DEC06
    Caribbean Beach FEB05
    Disney Magic DEC06
    Fort Wilderness AUG08, AUG09
    Port Orleans French Quarter AUG11
    ???????????????????? XXX14

Post Thanks / Like

I have a son and all nephews so we had never gone before. Last year we took my niece who is the youngest child in the family. She was 5 years old at the time and loved it. She loves the princesses and was so happy and excited to be there. We went for lunch and the food was good.

Because of the price and the fact that my son is not at all interested we probably will not be going back, but if you have girls that are still into that kind of thing I do highly recommend it.

BTW we took my niece to the BBB before lunch and it was well worth the money.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

Just curious but are there any couples in there without kids? My wife and I are in our early 50's but we would love to eat here just for the experience.
    30+ trips; DCV owner at Beach Club Villas; 4 Disney cruises; 2 trips to Disneyland

Post Thanks / Like

I just made reservations yesterday for our October trip. Our group consists of my sister, sister-in-law and her 2 boys who will be 10 & 6 and me. My sister really wants to dine with the princesses. Although the boys don't want to go, I told them that sometimes we do things for other people just to be nice. Hearing that they would get swords helps but I'm guessing they are both going to melt as soon as they get a little Disney Princess attention!
    Diane
    ~•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•~
    When your heart is in your dream, no request is too extreme.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MarkC View Post
    Just curious but are there any couples in there without kids? My wife and I are in our early 50's but we would love to eat here just for the experience.
    There are plenty of couples without children in CRT! Don't worry, go for it if you want to!
    Jennifer (aka Mickey'sGirl)
    INTERCOT Staff: Guests with Special Needs, Dining and Disney Characters

Last trip: March 2016 - Fantasy
    Next trip: Aug 2017 - Aulani

I am a Galactic Hero once more!

Post Thanks / Like

Went in 2009. Girls were decked out in there Boutique makeover. 8, 5 and boy 2. We had a great time.

This year we will be when we are 10, 8, and 5. 10 year old doesn't care if we go back. 8 year old really wants to go back. And the boy (now 4) "I want to take pictures with the boys". And of course, there are no boys in the castle.

And this 40 something mom LOVED it. And would go back in a heartbeat, if it wasn't so expensive. Dining in the castle, thrilled the little girl in me. I am so happy that we all did it once. But again - I don't know if/when we would pay for it again.
    10/13 - ASSp
    06/13 - POR
    03/13 - COR
    12/12 - POR
    10/12 - AoA
    04/12 - POP
    02/12 - POP, Dream, ASMo
    11/11 - All Star Vacation Home & FWC
    5/11 - POFQ - D23 Destination D
    05/10 - POR & BC
    1976 - 1st visit & many childhood visits after!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey'sGirl View Post
    There are plenty of couples without children in CRT! Don't worry, go for it if you want to!
    This May is our 30th anniversary. We are going to have lunch with the princesses. We did breakfast years ago when our daughters were younger and enjoyed the experience, but as others have said the food wasn't the greatest. I would rather have the Crystal Palace breakfast with Pooh and Eeyore.
    Officially too many trips to list here!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone! I compared the menus and the dinner looked like it had the best options. Im hoping that they will offer free dining this fall because we are going in october and we always do the free dining. I wouldnt pay that much for the meal without it. HS doesnt have any table services that we like so we are willing to use our credit not used for that day to make 2 credits do the royal table....again, if they do the free dining (crossing fingers!).
    We have always wanted to try it and my boys will be turning 8 so I think they will still think its cool and love getting the sword but I dont think they will care for it in a year or so, so its now or never.
    This year we are going for there birthday (again) and im keeping the whole trip a secret. We are gonna have them a party on saturday, which will be their birthday, and im gonna tell them then that we will be leaving in the morning to go to disney. I think I wont tell them about the castle till its time for our ressies so they will be excited about eating in the castle. ( they still think the castle is cool)

Post Thanks / Like

Oh I love the surprise for their birthday! How fun to tell them you are leaving the next day!!!!

IMO, dining in the castle is cool weather you like princesses or not!

Have a great time surprising them!!!!
    10/13 - ASSp
    06/13 - POR
    03/13 - COR
    12/12 - POR
    10/12 - AoA
    04/12 - POP
    02/12 - POP, Dream, ASMo
    11/11 - All Star Vacation Home & FWC
    5/11 - POFQ - D23 Destination D
    05/10 - POR & BC
    1976 - 1st visit & many childhood visits after!!!

Post Thanks / Like

OP---I see from your location that you live only 20 minutes away from me!

We took DD-age 5, to CRT for breakfast on our first full day at WDW. It was great to get into the park early & get Photopass pictures with only our little family in front of the castle!

We were able to get in early for our ADR & the wait to see Cindy downstairs wasn't bad. We looked around the walls of the room while we waited. The food was okay, but the ambiance was wonderful. DD had wonderful interaction with Ariel & Belle. Aurora & Snow White were good as well. The wishing ceremony brought tears to my eyes. Our picture with Cinderella was good. DD got a birthday cupcake there too. I think you should go at least once.

Post Thanks / Like

I wholeheartedly agree; everyone should have this experience once. I think the food could be better -- after all, there are so many other restaurants on property that do great food. But you can't beat the atmosphere, the view, or the company. The wishing ceremony is cool.

In my experience, anything at Disney that sounds like it will be cool, is at least as cool as you think it will be, and often better than you expect. If you want to do it, do it!
    FL Resident Annual Passholder since 2005
    Charter Member, D23
    DVC May 2014 - Villas at Grand Floridian
    Castaway Club Gold (7 cruises, #8 April, 2023)

"There is nothing we do here that is not creative.
    There is nothing creative that we do not do here."
    --WDI

Post Thanks / Like

Everyone should try it once - it just stinks that the price keeps going up but not the quality of the food! Mom booked us reservations ages ago (before it was a signature meal and when Cinderella walked around but that was about it) and it was during the nighttime fireworks spectacular (don't think it was even Wishes at the time). Anyway - we had just finished dinner when it started - amazing! A true once-in-a-lifetime experience. Which is why I don't feel bad about not going back! lol

For the money and the character interaction, I much prefer Akershus! Plus the food is great there (but we are big on fruits and veggies!) - for us it is a don't miss every trip now!
    1st WDW trip - 1973 at 5 weeks old!

Disney addict since 1973!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I did the breakfast which walking into the park with hardly anyone around was amazing..my 3 yr old DD was amazed to meet Cinderlla the food was good...the only thing was it was just the 2 of us..and the princesses didn't come to us..we were in the backand up on the ledge. I was watching then all of a sudden they realized they never stopped at our table, a cast meber/server noticed this as well ..which was good because I almost went and got our server...about this

we had all of them at our table at once...which was fun and my DD was thrilled to use her wand . All cast members were polite and kind...The last time iwas there was 1978 for dinner.
    the princesses seem to spent more time at our table to make up for being forgotten..which was fine.
    My daughter wants to go back again but 2 meal credits hmmm I think we will goto Epcot next time to meet them..but Everyone should do the meal breakfast , lunch or dinner at least once.
    Just keep swimming Just keep swimming

Post Thanks / Like

Honestly CRT is the BIGGEST letdown of all things Disney to me. For what it is and where it is CRT SHOULD be amazing. It is not. The service is worse than anywhere else. The food is "OK" but it is a mass production type of place. The food is made and then sent to whoever orders it. Like McDonald's with silverware. The character interaction is not as meaningful there in comparison to other places.

We went to CRT for dinner in 2009. No characters showed at all, even though the Fairy Godmother was supposed to be there. We returned this past January for my daughter's third birthday lunch. (Only because we did BBB and it seemed the natural progression) We also did Akershus that trip and a trip in August of 2010. Now I know Norway isn't Cinderella's castle, but the atmosphere is much more relaxed and the characters spend more time at each table. Also you actually have room to move and get a decent picture. CRT has the tables packed in there like airplane seats. SERIOUSLY. All of the pictures are from akward angles.

Also... CRT does a Wishing Ceremony that is just some guy coming over the speaker telling the girls to wave their souvenir wands (See Dollar Store toy aisle for examples) around. Akershus has a Princess Processional where the kids march around the restaurant WITH the princesses, much like the "parades" they do at Chef Mickey's and Crystal Palace.

OH and I dont know about your daughter, but my daughter prefers Belle (who greets you @ Akershus) over Cindy.

I hate to sound so critical of CRT but it is honestly such a disappointment for me and my family. For the price, for the location, for the love of Disney it deserves SO much better. Save yourself the headache.
    Jackie Mouse

Return Offender since 1982!
    Stayed at: CBR, POR, CSR, CR, Poly, ASMo
    Tri-annually in 2010 & 2011... Is that a word?

Next Visit: August 2011
    On Deck: January 2012 if I can make it that long that is...*o*

Post Thanks / Like

do it once for the experience but its horrible. prob breakfast is better than lunch, idk. its just not worth the price. for that price we can eat great food at a signature.
    A man should never neglect his family for business.-Walt Disney
    Apr07-FW
    Feb08-FW
    Sep08-BC
    Sep09-POR
    Nov-Dec09-FW
    Dec09-BC
    Aug10-WL
    Jan11-SSR
    Oct11-ASM/FW/CBR/BC
    Dec11-ASM/BLT
    Jan12-WD