Quantcast We want your input! - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

LOVE the podcasts. I love hearingabout DVC and the DTD hotels and resorts (i.e. Bonnet Creek).

Being a family of 6 with young kids (including 1yr old twins), I would love to learn about more options in regards to hotel, dining, activities, etc. for the bigger family both on and off property.

Keep up the great job.
    [I][COLOR="Navy"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Mommy of 4
    If you can dream it, you can do it. ~ Walt Disney

------------------------
    Feb 2006 - CBR
    May 2009 - POP
    Jan 2012 - Wyndham Bonnet Creek

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AXOAlum View Post
    Melanie - YOU are my favorite on the podcast - much love to Ian, but it wouldn't be the show without you! lol
    Aww, thank you! That's very kind.

And Ian, you would be my favorite too, but your taste in sports teams negates that. Of course, that means John is out too.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dragongirlx View Post
    How about tips for overseas guests?
    What I mean is tips for guests who are coming from abroad and it's maybe the only time they are going to go.
    Things like what the best airport to fly into is
    getting through customs
    driving in Florida - cause you'll be driving on the wrong side() and there are different rules about turning on red lights.
    booking reservations for restaurants - thank god you can do this online now because those international phone calls are expensive.
    English to American translations
    e.g.
    Pavement = sidewalk
    rubbish bin = trash can
    That sort of thing
    Dragongirlx (AkA Ruth)

Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

2004 - offsite
    2006 - Dolphin
    2007- WL
    2008 - Poly
    2009 - WL
    2010 - GF
    2012 - WL
    2013 - WL
    2014 - WL

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    Hush your mouth!
    Just keepin' it real, Mel!

And see I'm willing to overlook your poor choice of sports rooting interests and focus only on your podcasting talents.

Quote Originally Posted by WIMickeymommy View Post
    Being a family of 6 with young kids (including 1yr old twins), I would love to learn about more options in regards to hotel, dining, activities, etc. for the bigger family both on and off property.
    Uh ... are you my wife lol??

I'm a Father of four, as well, and we also have infant twins (9 months) so I would probably be in a decent position to cover that. Good suggestion!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragongirlx View Post
    What I mean is tips for guests who are coming from abroad and it's maybe the only time they are going to go.
    The only issue with that that I see is ... well ... we're all Americans.

It would be tough for us to speak to those things. Maybe we could have one of our mods from "across the pond" join us, though, and do a segment like that. I think that's a great idea.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I have been researching why they don't offer the "Military Salute" to all retired military and they have forgotten and left out MANY that have served. I have seen even on the Disney official blog where many patrons have asked why Disney is discriminating and the operator of that blog will not answer the question. I would like to see information brought out like "who decides who gets the discount to begin with?" Do they leave out other retired Military because they know most can't or won't use the discount? There is a lot that can be discussed about this topic as it is a hot topic on many boards. It might even give someone at Disney Headquarters a heads up on other patrons feel.
    Sarah K.
    85-87 Campground - 89 CAbins
    91 The Tree House Villas - 2001 Nov. Lake Buena Vista Best W.
    2002 Movies - 2002 Sports
    2003 Music - 2004 Cabins
    2006 DW Movies
    2013 DisneyLand- Embassy Suites S
    2014 Disneyland-Anaheim Plaza
    2015 Disneyworld Sports
    2017 DL?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Disney_pups2 View Post
    I have been researching why they don't offer the "Military Salute" to all retired military and they have forgotten and left out MANY that have served.
    Sarah, just so we're clear on what you are talking about, who exactly is left out?

Post Thanks / Like

Sarah, the thing is, when offering a discount to a specific demographic, there has to be a universal way for Disney to identify the population. For the military discount, it seems that since these tickets are sold on bases, those who can take advantage of them must also have Military IDs with on base privileges. This excludes MANY former military and veterans. This way, Disney can also check the ID when activating the tickets. Disney doesn't sell these tickets directly.

"Retired" in the military means career retired, after 20 years of service. "Former" military is not the same as "Retired".

I have also read some of the (IMO) misdirected comments about this on FB, the Disney Parks Blog, etc. Disney's aim in this promotion, from my understanding, is to honor those currently serving and the families of those in support of the current miltary operations. Since the government extends benefits to retired military, disabled Vets, and the like, Disney has simply included those as well in the "eligible" category. Otherwise, it might get out of hand, and away from the original aim of the promotion (which started after 9/11).

I'm not really sure the Podcast team has the authority or knowledge to discuss this sort of thing. It's really up to Disney who they want to include in any sort of promotions or discounts.

It's sort of the same thing as the PIN issue. How come I've never gotten one? Why do some people get them over and over again? Why are there discounts only for Canadian residents? Or, those visiting from overseas? It's really not something that anyone other than Disney knows. Speculating can only get us so far...
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

I totally respect your opinion, here's my thoughts on the subject :-). I have brought up an idea that MANY on the web are very upset about because MANY feel it is unfair for the following reasons: These folks have had to send their significant other off tour after tour, wait for mysterious return dates to pop up and be told 24 hours before hand when they will return, had little to NO contact with them for months, missed anniversaries, holidays, deaths, Birthdays, first steps etc, I believe that these folks deserve celebrating and appreciation also. While I understand that the military views 20 years or more as true retirement or a 100% disabling injury as retirement, these folks that served 6-19 years, sailed many tours and missed a bunch (more than most reservists which are included) still do get at least partial benefits and are recognized by the U.S. in some way, shape or form. They receive housing help, schooling help.. etc. The tickets can be purchased on base yes, but also at the window at the parks, and also at Shades of green, which even recognizes these families on some level. I understand that this is a very delicate topic, and one that many will feel very close to or have no understanding of at all, but I also understand that civil rights, human rights, worker's rights, etc have been gotten not by silence but by intelligent discussion and persistence of some to pave the way to equality. While many have not served 20 years, some were "retired" by the military for a wound, or they could not continue because of mental anguish caused by these circumstances and they do not receive VET status nor true Retired status. I believed that the "celebration" was to be an opportunity for Disney and everyone wishing to show patronage to those that have served or are serving presently, to those that have sacrificed much for this country, for those that have seen unforgetable sights to do so.If I am not mistaken, Some of the discounts are offered to merely "Base workers" which really didn't serve nor miss anything life altering in their time working for the base. They are civilians that have clearances but are not "military" personel at all.
    I just believe that this is an important issue that should be discussed and an issue that can leave a bad taste in many mouths.
    As for why podcast? It could be an interesting discussion because there are many sides to be heard. I would like to hear from those that may have more ideas or better working knowledge of Disney's "insides": who can recommend to those that are concerned to whom can they talk to to be heard? How do these corporate members like to be approached? What is Disney's standing on this issue? Is Disney even really aware that there could be an issue? Really who is included and what's the difference (for those that are not military or may be confused as the ad is written kind of gray in ways)? How could Disney benefit from including all honorably discharged military? Would it hurt Disney to do so? What really is Disney's point of the Salute according to Disney?
    Anyways, it was just an idea and if it isn't acceptable then no problem and thank you for your thoughts, I respect what you have said but really it is not anything like "the pin" issue. It is more personal than a random button being pushed. These men and women sacrificed just as much as most if not all that are currently Military, retired or will be in the future :-) Have a mousy day!!
    Sarah K.
    2003 Music - 2004 Cabins
    2006 DW Movies
    2015 Disneyworld Sports
    2017 DL?

Post Thanks / Like

Ps.. "the universal way to identify the public"... all military personel discharged honorably have DD214s to show they were not rogue and that they did in deed serve.
    Sarah K.
    2003 Music - 2004 Cabins
    2006 DW Movies
    2015 Disneyworld Sports
    2017 DL?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Small Suggestion

I like the idea of taking on one resort a podcast and expanding on it. For example, Caribean Beach, what is good, what is bad? I typically stay at a moderate resort but tend to stick with just a couple. Maybe I'm missing something I'd really like at one of the others. In conjunction with this, maybe one of your "best of" segments could be your favorite resort in each of the categories. BTW - LOVE the podcasts, they are one of the highlights of the month, partly just because thinking of a Disney vacation makes me happy. Thank you ALL for taking time out of your busy lives to record them. We love you for it!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MN_Rose View Post
    I like the idea of taking on one resort a podcast and expanding on it. For example, Caribean Beach, what is good, what is bad?
    I really like this idea as well, and hope we can go with it soon.

Post Thanks / Like

I do know how to spell Caribbean Beach...REALLY. Thanks Melanie.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MN_Rose View Post
    I do know how to spell Caribbean Beach...REALLY. Thanks Melanie.
    LOL! That's one I really have to think about every time as well. Is it two r's or two b's?

Post Thanks / Like

Melanie,
    I have a growing family and could really use a podcast soon on families over 6 on a budget. I mean like 2 rooms at an all star cheapest? What ages count as a number in the group when booking? Where do you guys suggest to try since the villas can be very expensive? That would be awesome!!
    Oh and here is another one, discussion about what folks with handicap travelers can expect or do to keep rooms linked when traveling in groups. Info on Gacs and baby swapping etc. Traveling with "hidden" handicaps that make waiting for small fries in line difficult and helping families have ideas on what Disney can do to help... Thanks!!!
    Last edited by Disney_pups2; 04-25-2011 at 04:36 PM. Reason: forgot part of idea
    Sarah K.
    2003 Music - 2004 Cabins
    2006 DW Movies
    2015 Disneyworld Sports
    2017 DL?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Disney_pups2 View Post
    Melanie,
    I have a growing family and could really use a podcast soon on families over 6 on a budget. I mean like 2 rooms at an all star cheapest? What ages count as a number in the group when booking? Where do you guys suggest to try since the villas can be very expensive? That would be awesome!!
    Along those lines too, with the rise in prices for gas, airfare, food, etc the best way to Disney on a budget for any size family.
    Off Site-- All Star Movies-- Pop Century-- Coronado Springs-- Port Orleans French Quarter
    Walt Disney-"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money."

Post Thanks / Like

I have a podcast suggestion for The Intercots - I'm interested in the extinct attractions that have a part or a whole still around. Examples I know of are River Country, Discovery Island, the Poly's wavemaker, the old airport - things like that. There may be pieces of attractions elsewhere that I don't know about. I know it's kind of weird, but it fascinates me. I'm not sure where the discussion would go - maybe one of you has inside information on this type of stuff.

Post Thanks / Like

Ian you are my favorite!! I agree with pretty much everything you say and you are hilarious!
    Kelly

Next Trip Feb 2022 SOG

Post Thanks / Like

Sigh - no love for the MCP.
    John - aka. The Master Control Program
    Owner, Chairman & Chief Imagination Officer - INTERCOT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Sigh - no love for the MCP.
    I love you too John!! But you're a given! Myself (25) & my brother (27) listen to your podcasts every morning and evening on our commute to work rotating all of them until a new one comes out. I even friended you on facebook (too creepy...lol)
    Last edited by DisneyGirl85; 05-10-2011 at 01:47 PM. Reason: deleted by accident
    Kelly

Next Trip Feb 2022 SOG

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGirl85 View Post
    I love you too John!! But you're a given! Myself (25) & my brother (27) listen to your podcasts every morning and evening on our commute to work rotating all of them until a new one comes out.
    You'll have to re-friend me... I deleted a few recently that I didn't know who they were

Sorry! Was that your brother as well - both were from Towson.
    John - aka. The Master Control Program
    Owner, Chairman & Chief Imagination Officer - INTERCOT

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: