Quantcast ADR Mistakes

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: ADR Mistakes

Post Thanks / Like

Default ADR Mistakes

I call on my lunch break to change the time of one of my ADR. I found out that instead of 2 people on the ressie they have is as 1. They could fix that one but not others. I was not able to stay on the line to fix all 9 ressies ( plus I dont have my paper work) . Panic is setting in!!!! Now when I get home I have to book all my ressies. SO not happy!!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

It does happen occasionally; mistakes do happen. Better to catch the mistake now than when you are at the restaurant. I unfortunately, learned the hard way on one of my trips. Now I always double check to be safe.
    Alex

4/1976 - offsite,4/1983 - offsite,5/1999 - CaribBeach,5/2000 - CaribBeach,
    11/2001 - Coronado,7/2003 - AKL, 8/2004 - POFQ, 8/2005 - Poly, 8/2006 - Grand Flo,10/2007 - POFQ, 8/2008 - Wilderness Lodge, 8/2009 - POR, 8/2010 - CaribBeach, 8/2011 - Coronado, 8/2012 -Coronado, 8/2014 - Coronado

Post Thanks / Like

Well, is there such a thing as a table for one? I don't think so. Probably won't make any difference if you show up as 2 people. They'll seat a party of one at a table with 2 chairs anyway, so I wouldn't stress about it.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

for what it's worth, i booked a trip for two, and at the last minute a buddy joined...we were able to switch a few, but the others i showed up and told them we had 3 instead of 2, and not once was there a problem.
    Have A Magical Day-1970-1989-offsite, 2002-DLR, 2003-DLR, 2005-Sports, 2007-All Music, 2008-POP, December 12-21 2009-Pop, January 16-18, 2010-Disneyland. Disney Sports-Feb 1-6, 2012, Disneyland-December 7 and 8, 2012, DIsney Pop-Feb 1-5, 2013 (my son's first trip.)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    Well, is there such a thing as a table for one? I don't think so. Probably won't make any difference if you show up as 2 people. They'll seat a party of one at a table with 2 chairs anyway, so I wouldn't stress about it.
    Exactly what I was going to say.
    Jodie

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by disneymom15 View Post
    Exactly what I was going to say.
    As was I. This situation shouldn't present a problem. Just show up to your reservations and say that you're a party of two, not one. I'm actually a little surprised that Disney's computer system won't let the Cast Member switch the reservation, but Disney's dining reservation system is so broken it's laughable.
    The poster formerly known as Disney_nut

Last Trip: 5/11 -- Swan

Next Trip: 10/11 -- Port Orleans - Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

i agree.... no worries !!! have a great trip

Nichole
    2000 - asmu (1st trip) AUG
    2001 - Off site OCT
    2002 - 2008 POP JAN YEARLY
    2009 - Saratoga Springs SEPT
    2010 - POP NOV 28 - DEC 3
    2011 - POP - OCT 10days
    2013 - POP Feb 23rd - Mar 2nd (originally booked AOA but my family doesn't like change I guess lol)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ransam View Post
    for what it's worth, i booked a trip for two, and at the last minute a buddy joined...we were able to switch a few, but the others i showed up and told them we had 3 instead of 2, and not once was there a problem.
    This happened to us too. Last minute we had another family join us (3 people). We had dinner reservations at Le Cellier. When we checked in I asked if it would be possible for them to join us and they were more than happy to make it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    As was I. This situation shouldn't present a problem. Just show up to your reservations and say that you're a party of two, not one. I'm actually a little surprised that Disney's computer system won't let the Cast Member switch the reservation, but Disney's dining reservation system is so broken it's laughable.
    The worst part is it won't let you take people out of reservation without losing the entire reservation and starting over from scratch. So many of those that would like to change from a party of say 8 to a party of 4 just leave it as is and show up as a party of 4. Imagine getting a prime time dinner at 'Ohana and then losing it because you are trying to free up a table for another party. They really need to update their system!
    "All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them." - Walt Disney

"Too many people grow up. That 's the trouble with the world, too many people grow up." - Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KAT1811 View Post
    The worst part is it won't let you take people out of reservation without losing the entire reservation and starting over from scratch. So many of those that would like to change from a party of say 8 to a party of 4 just leave it as is and show up as a party of 4. Imagine getting a prime time dinner at 'Ohana and then losing it because you are trying to free up a table for another party. They really need to update their system!
    Right, exactly. In the situation you described, the system actually prevented you from doing the right thing. Instead of freeing a table for another party of four, you simply kept the incorrect reservation and arrived at the restaurant with half the number of diners you specified! Of course, 'Ohana graciously accommodated you, but what about that group of four out there that didn't get in because Disney couldn't simply slash the number of people in your reservation?
    The poster formerly known as Disney_nut

Last Trip: 5/11 -- Swan

Next Trip: 10/11 -- Port Orleans - Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

Default ADR Mistakes

Exactly!

The system does make it hard all around sometimes even when you might need to make a small reservation change. Hopefully they will update it soon.

488.22 miles from Walt Dinsey World - Alabama
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KAT1811 View Post
    Wow - I didn't know this. That is crazy! There is no reason Disney shouldn't be able to update their system and correct this problem.
    At least 14 trips before 1988
    Off-site - 3-92
    Off-site - 2-01
    ASM - 5-02, 7-03
    CBR - 11-05, 2-10
    Off-site - 2-06
    Pop - 6-06, 2-08
    Poly -12-07
    Cor. S. - 6-2010
    Cor.S. - 10-11

"A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes"

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure if may be by design, but I can't imagine it being easy to revise an existing reservation by changing the head count while the system is attempting to track maximum capacity numbers to comply with occupancy laws.

What you can do as an alternative is attempt to re-book your reservation first, and then cancel your incorrect one. I've been successful with that one myself

Post Thanks / Like

well, our baby wasnt on our adrs and they still sat him. i wasnt aware at the time of booking that this needed to be done.
    A man should never neglect his family for business.-Walt Disney
    Apr07-FW
    Feb08-FW
    Sep08-BC
    Sep09-POR
    Nov-Dec09-FW
    Dec09-BC
    Aug10-WL
    Jan11-SSR
    Oct11-ASM/FW/CBR/BC
    Dec11-ASM/BLT
    Jan12-WD