Quantcast Pre-Trip Nightmare WDW Misleading! - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

View Poll Results: Do you think this ad was misleading?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

4 8.16%
  • No

39 79.59%
  • Not Sure

6 12.24%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Have you had any luck changing your reservation?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Is your hotel available for the extra night? Since the room was not discounted I would just add it and explain at check-in what occurred and ask if they can let you stay in the same room and not have to move. The only added cost would be your meals for that day and the one night room, neither of which were discounted at the original time of booking. Of course, that's assuming you did select the 4 day tickets previously.

I hope it works out for you.
    Last edited by VWL Mom; 04-09-2011 at 01:18 PM. Reason: sp
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tink1 View Post
    Call Disney, do not wait for an email. Sweetly explain that you goofed and you need help.

Ask to add a night on to your package. If your resort cannot accommodate an additional night, ask if there is another moderate or view that can. Your price will increase since you are adding a night, but if they can do it you will have all the nights you need.

Remember, sugar not vinegar.

Nanc
    Listen to Nanci and next time check out Magical Journeys.

I got the same deal for our grandson staying free and playing free but we increased it to 8 nights and upgraded to Park Hopper for the Kids stay free. All taken care of for me by Magical Journeys. Thank you Debbie

Just CALL and tell Disney you have a problem and need their help!

Steamboat
    1972- FW 1st WDW trip/Dad
    73-79 WDW Cast(Water Craft)
    1980 - 2005 - FW,ASM, PO,Poly
    Sept 28-Oct 6, 2007 - DW 50th
    Sept 6-19, 2009 ASM Calypso 25th Annv.
    Sept 23-Oct 1, 2011. Calypso w/Dash, his 1st Disney Trip
    Dec 9-19, 2012Christmas
    Oct 2-14, 2013 ASM
    Sep13-24. 30th Anniv. Sports

Post Thanks / Like

I would suggest you keep calling until you get that "right" person who is willing to help you.

And another few ideas if you don't have any luck with customer service ...

Check current offers for the timeframe you are staying, or want to stay. Room or package discounts may be available in lieu of the free park tickets for the kids, which may result in a better savings.

You may want to consider asking what a room only rate would cost for your last night at the resort you booked ... it may end up being discounted because of some current specials. The only downside is that if you booked the dining plan, your last day/night would not be included.

I am not sure what cancellation penalties are, but if I recall correctly there are no fees if you are outside of 30 days. This may also be negotiable with Disney.

Additionally, you may want to contact Magical Journeys anyway to see if they can book your package for a better savings, and then cancel your reservation. The joy of using MJ is that they're free, they do all the work, and if any better deals or offers come along they will automatically apply those to your reservation! You could potentially save money in your sleep

Good luck to you. You will still have a magical vacation with your family

Post Thanks / Like

I am siding with the OP as well for the simple fact they selected a link that said 4d/4n... selecting that ad should at least signal the automated system that the person wanted 4d/4n... anything outside of what was printed on the ad should have been in need of manual input, not the other way around as it seems to have done.

Thats like buying a car online with an ad that says 2012 automatic Ford Escape... Clicking the link gives you a 2012 manual Ford Escape (because Manual transmission is "base" requirements for the car) That is not at all what you were wanting and not at all what the link you clicked on suggested.

Perhaps Disney should not have made that a link to take you directly to your date page... omiting that "link" would cause a person to check even more carefully adding in their own checkout date.

it obviously goes both ways with assuming... you know what they say about assume-ing Disney assumed OP wanted just minimum requirements and OP assumed disney's 4d/4n link would lead her to a 4d/4n checkout page.
    ** Engagement Trip: 10/9/10 - 10/18/110 - (Fountains)
    ** Honeymoon Trip: 12/9/11 - 12/14/11 (POLY) & 12/14/11 - 12/19/11 (BWI)
    ** Two Year Anniversary w/ family: 11/8/13 - 11/17/13(Fountains)

Post Thanks / Like

Another reason we always use Magical Journeys to book our WDW vacations. We always get several emails from Wendy so we are sure what we are booking before we get it confirmed. They are also able to handle any changes we need. There is no reason or advantage to book WDW trips myself anymore. Thanks, MJ.
    1971 (age 15) MK was new!
    1974 off-site (Senior Trip)
    1982 off-site
    1988 off-site
    May 2002 AS-Sports, with DW & kids
    May 2004 Pop Century
    Feb 2005 Wilderness Lodge
    Oct 2006 Pop Century
    Oct 2008 Camped at Fort Wilderness
    Feb 2010 Cruise on the Wonder
    Dec 2014 POFQ for Christmas!

Post Thanks / Like

Disney Update.....Well, after countless calls and being transferred from one person to the next, Disney says they will NOT honor the advertisement. They agree the ad seemed misleading, but in the end, like some have mentioned in these replies, it is my responsibility to verify that they are giving me what I clicked on. On a good note, they did refund my entire paid amount including my deposit. Unfortunately, my family will NEVER go to Disney World.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by givens718 View Post
    On a good note, they did refund my entire paid amount including my deposit. Unfortunately, my family will NEVER go to Disney World.
    Kudos! A lot of people I think just complain to complain. They still go, pay whatever and Disney gets away with it. Speaking with your wallet is the only way to get them to listen.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by givens718 View Post
    Unfortunately, my family will NEVER go to Disney World.
    I'm sorry to hear that. I hope that, with time, you reconsider though I can certainly understand that your experience did not leave you with a positive, initial impression.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]