Quantcast Travel Time?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Travel Time?

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default Travel Time?

Does anybody have any detailed information on how ME works?

I get that I tag my bags and assume that they know my flight info, but do I get on a specific bus or is it like a shuttle and you just get on any of the buses and then they grab all luggage tagged and it ends up at your room? Is it possible then that your luggage may not be on the bus that you are on?

Thanks!
    "From the outside looking in, you can't understand it. From the inside looking out you can't explain it"

Jul 84: TravelLodge (Kissimee)
    Sep 02: All-Star Sports
    Mar 06: Coronado Springs
    Sep 11: Wilderness Lodge
    Apr 15: Wilderness Lodge
    Next Trip - Sep 20: Animal Kingdom Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

When you land - you will go straight to ME and board the bus for your resort area. Most likely your luggage is not on your bus. Ours came to our room about 2 1/2 hours after we checked in.

Post Thanks / Like

When you land, you will follow the signs/cast members directing you to the ME section of the shuttle floor. They will verify (and re-verify) your resort destionation, and you will be put on a specific bus, according to where on property you are staying.
    Your bags are, more than likely, not going to be on the same bus. Depending on the efficiency of the airline/airports on getting your bags off the plane, they will probably be coming after you get on the bus.
    I have used ME twice - the 1st time, my bags were in my room when I arrived. The second time, it took 4 hours to get my bags. I think it all depends on when your bag is loaded/the order of the resorts they stop by.
    AKA Courtney

"To all that come to this happy place: welcome...Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future.."

Most Recent Trips:
    September 2007 - Pop Century
    September 2011 - Pop Century
    January 2012 - Pop Century

Post Thanks / Like

At the time of booking ME, you must give them your flight info. Your bag tags will have your info (name, resort, etc.). Upon arrival at MCO, you check in at the ME counter and they will direct you to your resort bus. Your luggage will not be with you on your bus. It will be delivered to your resort within a few hours.

I have used ME every year since it began and have not had a problem.
    Alex

4/1976 - offsite,4/1983 - offsite,5/1999 - CaribBeach,5/2000 - CaribBeach,
    11/2001 - Coronado,7/2003 - AKL, 8/2004 - POFQ, 8/2005 - Poly, 8/2006 - Grand Flo,10/2007 - POFQ, 8/2008 - Wilderness Lodge, 8/2009 - POR, 8/2010 - CaribBeach, 8/2011 - Coronado, 8/2012 -Coronado, 8/2014 - Coronado

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks!

Good info so far, I like what I am hearing. So basically after I check in and they direct me towards my resort bus, the bus waits until all guests on that particular time slot have been accounted for and then it leaves, or as soon as it reached full capacity it leaves for the resort? What I 'm trying to avoid is the family of 10 that is on the same flight as me going to the same resort, but they all decide that each one is going to stop and smell the roses in the airport gift shop, eat a bite, go the restroom, etc and we are all stuck on the bus waiting for them...

Also, on the return, how early does ME pick up at the resort?
    "From the outside looking in, you can't understand it. From the inside looking out you can't explain it"

Post Thanks / Like

From what I have seen, they are on constant rotations with the buses. I have never waited more than 10-15 minutes after being loaded on a bus for it to leave for the resorts.
    I believe they ask you to check out and board a ME bus 3 hours before your scheduled departure. They will schedule the ME departing bus for you, if you give them your flight info. Some airlines even offer ticket check-in at the resort.
    AKA Courtney

"To all that come to this happy place: welcome...Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future.."

Most Recent Trips:
    September 2007 - Pop Century
    September 2011 - Pop Century
    January 2012 - Pop Century

Post Thanks / Like

Off Site-- All Star Movies-- Pop Century-- Coronado Springs-- Port Orleans French Quarter
    Walt Disney-"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wdwaggie View Post
    Also, on the return, how early does ME pick up at the resort?
    As mentioned, the buses are constantly rotating, so you won't have to wait on that family dragging their feet. Most of the time you don't have to wait more than 15 min to depart, if that long.

DME picks up about 3 hours before your scheduled departure.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alpro2 View Post
    At the time of booking ME, you must give them your flight info. Your bag tags will have your info (name, resort, etc.). Upon arrival at MCO, you check in at the ME counter and they will direct you to your resort bus. Your luggage will not be with you on your bus. It will be delivered to your resort within a few hours.

I have used ME every year since it began and have not had a problem.
    We love it and use it every time!
    2016 May AULANI, 2015, Oct F&W Poly
    2015 May SSR, 2014 BCV 2013 Oct-F&WF POR,2013 May-BLT,
    2012 AKL-Kidani/SSR,2011 BLT/OKW,2010 POR,2009 POR,
    2008 CBR,2005 POR/AKL,2003 CBR,2001 POR/AKL,2000 OffSite

Post Thanks / Like

For your return flight, a letter will be left on your resort door the evening before you leave. It will tell you the time you need to be at your resort's ME bus stop (about 3 hours before your flight) and contain instructions about paying checked baggage fees, which you need to do before you check in at your resort's ME desk for the return trip.
    Nov 2005: CR
    Nov 2007: ASMu
    Apr 2008: AKL
    Oct 2009: POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thank you all!

Thanks for all the great information, I'm convinced to give ME a try. For the last two trips, we used Tiffany Towncar, but this sounds easy enough and FREE to boot. Thank you to everyone who responded.

Post Thanks / Like

It really is very efficient and easy. On one of our trips, my sister missed her connecting flight (we were meeting up in ATL to fly to MCO) and I was concerned that our ME tickets were together (I had the info, she had only the bag tag on her bag). The folks were super helpful and she just got on a bus when she arrived. I've also had to schedule ME only a few days before my flight and got my bag myself and brought it to the buses--super easy.

Also, it kind of gets you in the Disney mood when you are on the bus and they are playing videos!
    Angela
    Next Trip--40th Birthday at Contemporary--September

Post Thanks / Like

Info: you sign up with flight info and it is a barcode on the luggage tag. My had the resort name in small print also.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by awaggett View Post
    ....Also, it kind of gets you in the Disney mood when you are on the bus and they are playing videos!
    Yes....it is the first line queue of your trip!
    Alex

4/1976 - offsite,4/1983 - offsite,5/1999 - CaribBeach,5/2000 - CaribBeach,
    11/2001 - Coronado,7/2003 - AKL, 8/2004 - POFQ, 8/2005 - Poly, 8/2006 - Grand Flo,10/2007 - POFQ, 8/2008 - Wilderness Lodge, 8/2009 - POR, 8/2010 - CaribBeach, 8/2011 - Coronado, 8/2012 -Coronado, 8/2014 - Coronado

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: