Quantcast Seven Dwarfs Mine Coaster Officially Announced - Page 4

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree I think that a Cars overlay of the speedway would make some sense, but the speedway in itself is in an odd spot theme-wise. It is sandwiched inbetween FL and TL. Right now they tie it into TL (TL Speedway) but the theming of it other than the name does not fit with the futuristic theme of TL. I think they need to either retheme it to fit into the TL theme (psuedo-futuristic cars?) or replace with something else entirely. You know what would be a really neat replacement, Aquatopia from TDS. Plus if they ever retheme TL to fit the Jules-vernes esque look like DLP and TDS, then it would be a perfect fit.

That being said, I just don't think Pixar stuff makes sense in FL. FL from a theme standpoint is based on the classic disney fantasy tales of Snow White, Cinderella, etc. Plus w/ the Pixar area at DHS, it would be the odd-man out in FL.

I know there was a rumor a while back of something possibly in the works for Frontier Land to be geared towards boys to balance out the stuff in FL. Not sure what though or where they would find room for it or if that was ever any more than just a wild rumor.
    Recent Disney Trips
    -May 2007 (Pop Century)
    -Oct. 2007 (Saratoga Springs)
    -Dec. 2007 (DL - Paradise Pier Hotel)
    -Oct. 2008 (Caribbean Beach)
    -Feb. 2010 (Pop Century)
    -Feb. 2011 (AKL)
    -Feb. 2012 (DL - Paradise Pier Hotel)
    -Dec. 2012 (Coronado Springs)
    -Oct. 2014 (Coronado Springs)

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Somewhere between the Netherworld and Walt Disney World
    Post Thanks / Like

Cars needs to go to DHS, where Backlot Tour Eye Sore is now. Carsland would be perfect for that area. The speedway just needs to go. Prime real estate is being taken up.
    Let's stop defending mediocrity out of Disney and hold Disney to the higher standard they set up themselves.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GothMickey View Post
    Cars needs to go to DHS, where Backlot Tour Eye Sore is now. Carsland would be perfect for that area. The speedway just needs to go. Prime real estate is being taken up.
    I spent years not riding the Speedway. In fact, for a while it was the only ride I didn't go on. Then I had a son. And riding that with him (everything from standing in line to getting his driver's license at the end) is the single greatest Disney memory I have. Period. Sure, a re-theming would be nice. Cars would fit if Fantasyland annexed the Speedway. Or make the cars look like the cars we thought we'd have by now to make them fit TL. Either way, if the Speedway went away, I'd be sad...and I'd be sad for all the moms and dads who didn't get to take their kids on it.

Back to the OP, the new Fantasyland looks amazing. Ultimately we're getting two new rides while sacrificing one, getting two new restaurants and a whole bunch of themeing. Pretty exciting really.
    Steve

Ohana means family....
    Schultzy means crazy family!

Last Trip: November 2015 At POP

Next Trip: May 2017 at POP...again. Unless the FP+ thing isn't worked out. Then we'll go to Dollywood. Or just stay home and look at pictures.

Post Thanks / Like

Do you have kids? I can almost bet you'd feel 100% different if you did. We've been to four different Magic Kingdom's around the world and every time one of the first rides my son's wanted to do in each of those parks was the Speedway. And at 11 and almost 13, they still want to ride. It doesn't have consistent 30+ minute waits for nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    Do you have kids? I can almost bet you'd feel 100% different if you did. We've been to four different Magic Kingdom's around the world and every time one of the first rides my son's wanted to do in each of those parks was the Speedway. And at 11 and almost 13, they still want to ride. It doesn't have consistent 30+ minute waits for nothing.
    Nope, don't have kids. And you are probably right. I'd probably feel differently if I did. I would still rather see Cars in DHS with WDW's version of Carsland. And if the speedway has to stay, then update it. Electric cars. Maybe theme it like Autopia. Modernize it as much as possible. I'm on board with that.
    Let's stop defending mediocrity out of Disney and hold Disney to the higher standard they set up themselves.

Post Thanks / Like

And if the speedway has to stay, then update it. Electric cars. Maybe theme it like Autopia. Modernize it as much as possible. I'm on board with that.
    Oh absolutely. I'm in total agreement with that. The HK Autopia is awesome!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    Oh absolutely. I'm in total agreement with that. The HK Autopia is awesome!
    But, sadly, unless this were to come directly from Tom Staggs and the upper management Anaheim or Glendale, then TDO would never ever consider spending the money.

Post Thanks / Like

Backlot Tour Eye Sore

A lot of people really love the Backlot Tour, including me and my kids are way into the speedway.

May 2002 WDW
    February 6- 11, 2006 WDW
    September 23-27, 2006 WDW
    September 1-September 9, 2007 WDW
    August 29 - September 6, 2009 WDW
    February 4, 2012 - February 12, 2012 WDW

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome!
    JEANY SANCHEZ
    January 2022 Polynesian Village Resort

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Beast's Castle

Quote Originally Posted by plutosnana View Post
    Still I just looked at the pictures
    and I can't stop saying
    WOAH! On the hillside!? A new castle? Or is it just drawn like that?

Pluto,

While sailing aboard the Disney Magic in October 2010, I had the opportunity to listen to two hour long presentations by Imagineer Mark Kohl, who is currently working on the Fantasyland expansion. Someone specifically asked about Beasts Castle and wondered if it would interfere with views of Cindy's castle. He said that Beast's castle would use "Forced perspective" and would be small in comparison to Cindy's Castle.
    77-DL
    89-DL
    94-ASSp
    95-OKW
    98-WDW Hol.Inn MG
    99-WDW Off Prop
    06-ASMov
    07-Pop 2/4 - 2/14
    07-ASMus 9/11 - 9/17
    08-ASMov & DCL 10/27 - 11/2
    09-ASMov & DCL Wonder 9/21 - 10/1
    10-WDW Off Prop 4/23 - 4/25
    10-DCL Magic 7 nt EB 10/23
    10-CSR 10/30 - 11/1
    12-POR 1/8 - 1/15
    12-CSR 12/20-27

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

I love the theming on the whole concept. It looks like Fantasyland will be much more immersive, like the other lands of the Magic Kingdom. So as far as we know Snow White's Scary Adventure will be the only thing going away right?
    I Am That Hero!

I'm a Ramblin Wreck from Georgia Tech...

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.
    Hit it.

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if the Circus area will have live performers like jugglers and mimes (sp?)... i remember when the stilt walkers were hanging around PI, getting people dancing around with them for the reward of beads.. that could be fun to really add to the carnival atmosphere! I am beginning to really like this new immagineering more and more!
    Forever
    Rely
    On
    God!!!

Post Thanks / Like

This thread proves that there is a lot of love for both Disney tradition and Disney Imagineering. Unfortunately, sometimes the two cross paths. Its also obvious that there is no way to please everyone, even two Disney fanatics.

Lets face it, if the park was the same as it was in 1970 no one would go there. However, if it changes too much its not "Disney" and we would really complain about that aspect of it. I'm sure management weighs this very carefully-- and depending on where you're at in your life will also change your opinion. If you have young kids you want those type of rides. If you are about to be empty nesters or don't have kids, you want something else.

Bottom line, I still love Disney and though they've had some clunkers and odd decisions, I will continue to go back because its the best vacation spot I've ever seen. Second place is so far down the list its in another zip code.
    30+ trips; DCV owner at Beach Club Villas; 4 Disney cruises; 2 trips to Disneyland

Post Thanks / Like

I am very excited and I truely hope the new mine train is more of an E ticket attraction
    1999 -2005 Former CM at Space Mtn and Caricature artist at AK and Resorts
    Jan 06 BC/Cruise/ASM
    Sept 06 Pop
    April 07 Pop
    Dec. 07 Caribbean Beach
    Aug 09 Pop
    May 10 Pop
    Jan 12 - Dolphin - WDW Half Marathon 1:44:45
    Sept 12 - ToT run and MNSSHP - Pop

Post Thanks / Like

I hope the Seven Dwarfs Mine Coaster is at least the intensity of Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, so that it can be more enjoyable for a broader age group. That might exclude some of the very young kids, but the Great Goofini Coaster will be there for them.

I'm thrilled with the look of the concept art. If they can pull this off effectively, then WDW's Fantasyland will finally be of a similar quality as Disneyland's Fantasyland. Also, the addition of another large walking path should allow for easier movement through an often congested Fantasyland.
    I'm a dad! My daughter, Eisley, was born on December 17, 2010.

Regular WDW visitor since 1981

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Imagineer1981 View Post
    I am very excited and I truely hope the new mine train is more of an E ticket attraction
    Think more like a D-ticket, not E....
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SpecJoe Magic View Post
    I hope the Seven Dwarfs Mine Coaster is at least the intensity of Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, so that it can be more enjoyable for a broader age group. That might exclude some of the very young kids, but the Great Goofini Coaster will be there for them.

I'm thrilled with the look of the concept art. If they can pull this off effectively, then WDW's Fantasyland will finally be of a similar quality as Disneyland's Fantasyland. Also, the addition of another large walking path should allow for easier movement through an often congested Fantasyland.
    From everything I read, do NOT expect it to be like BTMR... If you are looking for that kind of ride, you'll be disappointed.. It was never meant to be another BTMR...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    Think more like a D-ticket, not E....
    Good enough, especially because it sounds like The Little Mermaid attraction wil be pretty spectacular. This is very exciting news.
    The poster formerly known as Disney_nut

Last Trip: 5/11 -- Swan

Next Trip: 10/11 -- Port Orleans - Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    Good enough, especially because it sounds like The Little Mermaid attraction wil be pretty spectacular. This is very exciting news.
    Very exciting.... I'll take this D ticket over a C ticket... Especially since this D-ticket will be highly themed and a wonder to ride..

Post Thanks / Like

There is a piece of concept art that wasn't released online that is on the temporary wall (I think it's behind Dumbo). It shows the inside of the ride with the seven dwarfs. If someone is there or going soon, maybe we can get a pic up on here
    ŴĐŴ∫âňăŧĭć aka David șoș

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: