Quantcast POFQ refurbishment news?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default POFQ refurbishment news?

We are staying at POFQ in January. I have heard that the refurb should be starting any day now. I'm just wondering if anyone knows what order they are redoing the rooms in? Maybe I could request a specific building that has been redone. I have also heard that there will be queen beds. Does anyone know if this is true?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

This is kind of like the Pop refurb - no announcement and no updates.There will be no way of knowing which rooms to request unless someone tells in the trip report that they stayed in a refurbished room.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks. I guess I'll just see what I get!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm going in 24 more days. I heard that the refurb is already under way. I'll be sure to post about the progress when I get back
    Next trip...Fall 2010.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MinniesMom View Post
    I'm going in 24 more days. I heard that the refurb is already under way. I'll be sure to post about the progress when I get back
    Thanks, I look forward to the post. Please include which buildings to request that may be finished by 12/12
    Sean
    DL - '72, '74
    WDW - '84, '85, '86, Honeymoon '90, '93, '96, '00, '01, '03, '04, 2x '05, '06, 2x '10, 2x '11, 10x'12, 2x '13
    Booked for February 22-27

Post Thanks / Like

From another website:

"The guest-room refurbishment process at Port Orleans French Quarter has now commenced. Work started on building 7 on Monday 1 November 2010, initially with floors two and three of the building which are now designated as hard-hat construction areas and are thus off-limits to all guests and resort cast members. A large area of the parking lot next to building 7 is currently fenced off for materials storage and dumping of scrap material.

The expectation is that each building will take approximately one month to update, with the whole resort being completed by April 2011. After that work will commence on the mansion buildings at Port Orleans Riverside and then finally the Riverside Alligator Bayou section. The whole process is expected to take between 12 and 18 months.

A test room — corner room 7116 — was completed a while ago, but the resort managers are not allowing any guests to view it at the moment (no matter how much you plead). Luckily the blinds were not completely closed, so it was possible to sneak a peek at some of the interior detail such as the expected flat-screen TV and queen size beds. The basic colour scheme appears to be in greens and yellows, with gold accents and dark wood furniture.

The new bedspreads are a fairly dark green with ornate golden flourish detailing, and the headboards resemble those in the Riverside mansion buildings. The carpet is a lighter green with yellow/gold details (again, much like the current mansion buildings at Riverside) and the curtains are pale yellow. The wash area retains the traditional twin-sink layout but with a shallow dark wood pelmet-style surround, decorated to look like drawers. The ornate detailing in the corners of the archway to the wash area has been retained.

More info as soon as anyone manages to get a better look (or photos!) inside a refurbished room, but we can certainly expect building 7 to be completed and available for guests sometime between the end of November and Christmas. Please remember that there are no guarantees that you will get any particular location, but it certainly can’t do any harm to put in a request..."
    Next trip...Fall 2010.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MinniesMom View Post
    From another website:
    Thanks for the info. I'm glad they have decided to go with the Queen beds.
    Sean
    DL - '72, '74
    WDW - '84, '85, '86, Honeymoon '90, '93, '96, '00, '01, '03, '04, 2x '05, '06, 2x '10, 2x '11, 10x'12, 2x '13
    Booked for February 22-27

Post Thanks / Like

Whew, that was a close one. I almost picked POFQ for my January trip. My wife would have beat on my head for months if we'd gone there and she wakes up to hammering each morning.
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Post Thanks / Like

I'll happily put up with some hammering to have a newly refurbished room at POFQ. If I get one that is. If not, I'll still be up by 5 or 6 anyway, so I don't care if there's hammering or not.

Post Thanks / Like

I thought they just updated the rooms at POFQ?

Anywho, is there any update on this? I'm about to send in my room request, but if one of my possibilities has upgraded rooms, I'll modify my request.
    Walt Disney World:
    93, PO FQ
    94-95, Caribbean
    96, Off Site
    99, Coronado
    00, Caribbean
    03, Poly & Wilderness Lodge
    04, Pop Cent
    06, Contemp
    07, Beach Club
    07, Pop Cent
    09, Pop Cent
    10, Off Site
    11, PO FQ
    12, Coronado
    13, Off Site
    14, PO FQ
    16, PO RS

Only 1110.89 miles...

Post Thanks / Like

I just switched our resort reservations from CSR to POFQ and was able to request a refurbished room (I know, no guarantees on requests). I also did a google to see the status and there is a site that has updated info. Just google Port Orleans French Quarter Refurb. That gave me several sites.
    Marci

Many visits. Live 20 minutes from the parks.
    Work at Universal Studios in Diagon Alley. Ollivanders/ wand magic.

Post Thanks / Like

I believe POFQ refurbishments will be complete by late March 2011 and then they will move to POR!
    Romans 11:33-36
    1983, 1989 - Off Site
    2003 - April ASMo
    2004 - June POR
    2005 - April POFQ
    2010 - May POP and Dec CSR
    2013 - March F&G POP
    Weekend Trip Summer 2013 - Off Site
    2015 - Sept- AKL/CBR
    DEC - BC/WL
    2017 - July - Disneyland & D23 Expo!

Post Thanks / Like

We just stayed a week a POFQ-came home yestarday and they had just started Monday on building 4. They have buildings 6 & 7 done now. We did not get to see a completed room but did look through the blinds and from what we could see they will be quite nice.

Post Thanks / Like

Saw pics on another website and the rooms are beautiful with a purple, gold, and green New Orleans feel. Walls are gold with similar-toned border. Spreads are purple with gold scrollwork design. Curtains at windows and bathroom/bedroom doorway are gold - different design for each. Shower curtain is very busy - purple w/ green & gold design. Carpet is gold with deeper gold scrollwork design. Bathroom now has full counter in beige w/ dark wood open shelf cabinet and green "wainscoting" look. Bathroom floor tile dark gold. Bathroom wall tiles white. Lots of scrollwork in the design. Even AC unit under window is themed. Chairs and bench padded in mossy green. Furniture appears the same as before - perhaps refinished. Flat screen tvs.
    Kathy ºoº

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Post Thanks / Like

Just returned from 8 days in a newly refurbed room at POFQ in building 6. It was very nice. Queen beds (pillow tops), new double vanity (not just sinks anymore) in the curtained off area, flat screen TV, new tub/shower/shower heads in the bathroom. The new TV stand/dresser was very nice. Three big drawers and the door opening to the fridge (that never seemed to get terribly cold, and no temp controls). There is a new heating unit as well, with new temp controls. The room was always a comfortable temp, and it was very simple to change the temperature in the room. The ceiling fans looked new as well. There are two drawbacks - the addition of queen beds does take away floor space, so if you need a bit of floor space (which we didn't as there were only two of us), it is a bit smaller feeling than before, and the other is the bedspreads. They are so heavy, and the fact that they are brand new and haven't been washed to death yet, they are miserable. They are so darn loud, that every time you roll over, you wake up the others in the room. After night one, we ditched the bedspread, grabbed the blanket off the second bed and never used the bedspread again. Mousekeeping was great about leaving two blankets on the one bed and not putting the big cover back on.

Otherwise, rooms are awesome!
    Karen

"It's snowing still," said Eeyore gloomily.
    "So it is."
    "And freezing."
    "Is it?"
    "Yes," said Eeyore. "However," he said, brightening up a little, "we haven't had an earthquake lately."

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: