Quantcast Superbowl - Where to watch?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Superbowl - Where to watch?

Hello All

We will be in the world during the Superbowl, and I am looking for suggestions on where to watch the Game while there. I have thought about ESPN Zone but I would assume they get pretty busy. Does anyone have any other ideas on a good spot to watch?

Craig

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

ESPN is the first area that comes to mind but, as you noted, this spot gets very crowded, especially when big games are playing. In the past, I'm aware that some of the other lounges throughout Disney World have broadcast the game - Tambu Lounge at the Polynesian comes to mind as one of those locations.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by faline View Post
    ESPN is the first area that comes to mind but, as you noted, this spot gets very crowded, especially when big games are playing. In the past, I'm aware that some of the other lounges throughout Disney World have broadcast the game - Tambu Lounge at the Polynesian comes to mind as one of those locations.
    In the case of Tambu Lounge, I would get there very early. It has limited space and seating, especially in the area where you can actually see the TV. If packed with patrons, you stand a good chance of not even seeing the TV. If the game is really important to you, the best place to watch would be in your room with room service. Everywhere else gets pretty crowded during Superbowl broadcast and focus on the game is not a priority over serving a crowd.

I love to watch the Superbowl, but if I were in WDW, that would be the year I would probably miss it in favor of Disney parks and experiences. But that's me. My husband would probably feel differently, especially if the Patriots were in it. Good luck finding the perfect spot.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

We'll be there during Championship weekend and are planning to watch the Steelers win the AFC title from our room. ESPN Club will be way overcrowded (having experienced 3 regular season games here) and with the NFC game first, we figure we won't even have the slightest chance to get in. Besides, it's not very comfortable to sit on those hard wooden chairs for 4 or more hours. Most of the resort lounges also have tvs and I'm sure they will also be tuned in to the game. Shula's in the Swan / Dolphin (can't remember which one for sure) also has tvs in the lounge / bar section of the restaurant but I have no idea what their policy on guests watching full games would be.
    Kathy șoș

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Post Thanks / Like

We were there in 2008 during the superbowl. My husband and brother watched from the food court area at POP(where we were staying). They had a good time there was a decent crowd and good 'football' food.

Post Thanks / Like

If you don't mind getting their early to ensure you get a seat, ESPN Zone is the best choice by far. Otherwise I would just go to your room. If your favorite team isn't playing, I would just dvr it and watch it later and enjoy your time at Disney. But that's a personal choice.
    30+ trips; DCV owner at Beach Club Villas; 4 Disney cruises; 2 trips to Disneyland

Post Thanks / Like

i bet the solarium inside the beach club will be occupying the tv for the superbowl. you can go there.
    A man should never neglect his family for business.-Walt Disney
    Apr07-FW
    Feb08-FW
    Sep08-BC
    Sep09-POR
    Nov-Dec09-FW
    Dec09-BC
    Aug10-WL
    Jan11-SSR
    Oct11-ASM/FW/CBR/BC
    Dec11-ASM/BLT
    Jan12-WD
    Feb12-Off
    Sep12-BCV/Pop
    Jan13-FW/AOA
    Feb13-CBR
    Sept13-Dland
    Dec13-FW

Post Thanks / Like

Part of me says you should go with some pizzas and food in your room (this would be my choice if it were my team playing.) If you just want to watch the game in a laid back atmosphere, find somewhere with food and TV where everyone is gathered around watching. I'm sure some of the bars at Downtown Disney or in the resorts will have the game on.

All that having been said...isn't Super Bowl Sunday one of the quietest days of the year at the parks? Do you REALLY need to see the game?
    Walt Disney World:
    93, PO FQ
    94-95, Caribbean
    96, Off Site
    99, Coronado
    00, Caribbean
    03, Poly & Wilderness Lodge
    04, Pop Cent
    06, Contemp
    07, Beach Club
    07, Pop Cent
    09, Pop Cent
    10, Off Site
    11, PO FQ
    12, Coronado
    13, Off Site
    14, PO FQ
    16, PO RS

Only 1110.89 miles...

Post Thanks / Like

Somewhat related story...

A few years back when Giants were in the game, flew back to Newark, NJ, during the game. Jetblue, with the TVs.

First, many people were hanging back in the airport watching the game instead of trying to be first onboard. They came on the PA and promised us all a free adult beverage and told the game was on all the TVs at the seats. (You were free to change it once you got to your seat, but you could monitor the game as you got on.)

Then we landed right at the end of the game. Even though we were in the back, we were able to get right off as almost everyone on the plane (Giants fans, a group which does not include us) were glued to the action and weren't blocking the aisle. Saw the end of the game on everyone's TV as game ended right before we hit the exit.

Hard to plan, but worked out great.
    1972 Offsite
    '74 Polynesian ($27/night)
    '78 Quality Inn aka Sheraton Studio City
    '80 Disneyland
    '97 Hilton
    '98, '99 All Star Music
    2000, '01, '02 All Star Movies
    '05 Animal Kingdom Lodge
    '06, '07, '08, '10, '11 Pop Century
    '07 Disneyland Paris (daytrip)
    '11 Dream cruise

Post Thanks / Like

Don't forget that many of the poolside bars have televisions, and they all seem to be tuned in to some sporting event! If it's a nice night, grab a pizza or something from your hotel restaurant or food court, sit at the bar and enjoy it from there. We had a great time at Mardi Grogs last Monday chatting with fellow guests and the bartender Sherry. Sports channels on both of the TV's there!
    Karen

"It's snowing still," said Eeyore gloomily.
    "So it is."
    "And freezing."
    "Is it?"
    "Yes," said Eeyore. "However," he said, brightening up a little, "we haven't had an earthquake lately."

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the good info.

We are a group of Packer and Steeler fans going so it is looking more and more like at least one of our teams will be in.

Is there a lounge of any sort at POP as that is where we will be staying?

Thanks

Craig

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: