Quantcast Share a time at the World that you would like to experience again. - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

I would like to relive my first trip to WDW. I was 16 and I was allowed to roam the park on my own (with a set time to meet back up). I was even given $10 for snacks. I met this girl in the line on SM and she was on her own too. We had a blast even though she was so out of my league.We spent the day running from ride to ride. I felt so proud when she took my hand and we walked together. Back then there were no cell phones or e-mail and texting was not invented yet. We both knew our parents would not let us run up long distance phone bills, so at the end of the day we just said good-bye.

that's a great story. mine is similar, but i was much older. it was a couple years ago, i was there w/ my bestfriend, and sister.
    on the last day it was raining and cold, and we only had half a day anyway. my sis and friend stayed at the hotel, but i decided to go, even just a few hours. On the bus was a girl who was my age, with her daugher on her lap. we started talkign and it seemed that she was there w/ her parents and daughter. she had recently gotten a divorce, and her dad was so thrilled he said he was taking the family to disneyworld, so they held him to it. as we got off the bus she and i went on our own w/ her daughter and the park was empty so we ran all over from ride to ride. exchanged numbers. we've never lost touch, had numerous visits over the years. have become very close friends, maybe more....and we're going ot meet again at Disney, just us, this January.
    Have A Magical Day-1970-1989-offsite, 2002-DLR, 2003-DLR, 2005-Sports, 2007-All Music, 2008-POP, December 12-21 2009-Pop, January 16-18, 2010-Disneyland. Disney Sports-Feb 1-6, 2012, Disneyland-December 7 and 8, 2012, DIsney Pop-Feb 1-5, 2013 (my son's first trip.)

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool

The experience that I would like to experience again.....
    Our first family trip to WDW, January 2001, we had scrimped and saved and I worked plenty of overtime to make this trip a reality. My wife's boss at the time, had given us his timeshare (off-property) so off we went to WDW.
    The first time that we entered a park, we went to the Magic Kingdom. We went under the train station and around to the beginning of Main Street U.S.A. Well the looks on my DW and childrens faces are something that I will never forget, pure joy and amazement as they gazed upon Cinderella Castle.
    Eric
    Resorts:
    POLYNESIAN (Favorite), Grand Floridian, Caribbean Beach, Coronado Springs. Beach Club, Saratoga Springs, AoA, All Star Sports and POP Century

Post Thanks / Like

First trip's are special. Family with 2 teen boys.
    0100 on Big Thunder Mountain. It was cool and starry and I knew we were going to come back,
    just for this.

488.22 miles from Walt Dinsey World - Alabama
    Post Thanks / Like

The experience I'd like to have again would be:
    The first time I took my girls to the MK they were 2 and 3 & 1/2 years old. They were in total awe of everything. They never whined, cried, or complained the whole day. They loved every ride. They loved the parade & of course they got Mickey ears. It was the first of many trips for them. That was about 18 years ago and I'm sure they have many more trips in their future. I can't wait for the day when I'll be taking their children to WDW for the first time!
    At least 14 trips before 1988
    Off-site - 3-92
    Off-site - 2-01
    ASM - 5-02, 7-03
    CBR - 11-05, 2-10
    Off-site - 2-06
    Pop - 6-06, 2-08
    Poly -12-07
    Cor. S. - 6-2010
    Cor.S. - 10-11

"A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes"

Post Thanks / Like

Definitely my first trip with my kids. We had never been anywhere (no vacations and they were 7 and 9) and for their first vacation ever to be at Disney World was amazing. They were amazed by every show and ride. Those memories are the best.
    dm2K
    1993 - BC/Cruise; 1996 - BC; 1998 - BC; 2000 - YC; 2002 - FQ; 2004 - Campground/BC; 2005 - POR; 2007 - BWI; 2008 - AKL; Christmas 2010 - BC; 2011 - All Star Sports; 2012 - AKL & WL; 2013 - DL and CSR

Post Thanks / Like

I have 2. The 1st time we took DD, then 5 yrs old. She was raised on Disney, and watching her face the 1st time she danced down Main St and saw the castle...I'll remember that moment forever! The 2nd was just this past Oct. when we did the Keys tour. As a long time Disney lover, I've always been fascinated by how things work "behind the scenes", particularly the utilidors. To finally be able to see this area was a truly wonderful experience for me.
    1974 - Off Property
    1975 - Poly
    1980 - Golf Resort (Honeymoon)
    1881 - Golf Resort
    1982 - Poly
    1983 - Contemporary
    1989 - CBR (10th anniversay)
    1998 - CBR (DD 1st trip )
    2001 - CBR
    2003 - WL
    2004 - WL (25th anniversary)
    2005 - WL
    2006 - WL
    2010 - WL

Post Thanks / Like

Well the night of my engagement would be the obvious choice. I proposed to my wife during a carriage ride through the POFQ and PORS. I then surprised her with dinner at the California Grill at a window seat for perfect MK Fireworks viewing. In addition, the CG people had decorated the table with flowers and mickey confetti and gave us complimentary glasses of champagne (all w/o asking). That was a good day!

But beyond the obvious choice, I would say my trip to WDW when I was around 10 (I think it was 1992) was my fondest memory. My family and I have always been big Disney freaks, and we took trips to WDW about once every 2-3 years, so they were a HUGE deal to me and my sis. My parents would start planning them like 1-2 years in advance, so we would know about them way ahead of time, so had plenty of time to get excited.

This trip was even more of a big deal b/c DHS (MGM at the time) had just opened, as had Splash Mountain. We went during halloween and stayed at the Poly. I remember the thrill of going to an all NEW park at WDW was pretty wild, plus I was blown away by Spalsh Mt.

My parents taped that trip and I have it on DVD now and still watch it from time to time. Best trip ever!
    Recent Disney Trips
    -May 2007 (Pop Century)
    -Oct. 2007 (Saratoga Springs)
    -Dec. 2007 (DL - Paradise Pier Hotel)
    -Oct. 2008 (Caribbean Beach)
    -Feb. 2010 (Pop Century)
    -Feb. 2011 (AKL)
    -Feb. 2012 (DL - Paradise Pier Hotel)
    -Dec. 2012 (Coronado Springs)
    -Oct. 2014 (Coronado Springs)

Post Thanks / Like

I think I'd be happy to relive any of our trips, but I guess the one I'd most like to relive is our honeymoon trip, because it was the first time for both DW and me, which made it so magical. If I had to pick a more specific moment, it would be walking into the Wilderness Losge for the first time, with everything WDW still before us. Ph the anticipation!
    Viva Darth Macho!
    APR '98: Wilderness Lodge, 9 days, Honeymoon
    OCT '99: Coronado Springs, 8 days, Halloween
    AUG '03: All Star Music, 8 days, Summer Fun
    AUG '10: Port Orleans Riverside, 10 days, Summer Celebration!
    AUG '12: Pop Century, 14 days, My Dream Trip!
    AUG '17: Hoping!

Post Thanks / Like

Its been 3 years since this thread has seen the light of day. I thought it would be nice, especially durring this holiday season, to bring it back to the front. It would also give members who have joined in the last 3 years a chance to add their own story.
    1982 MK
    1988 MK & Epcot
    1989 MK & Epcot
    2002 MK, Epcot and Disney MGM Studios
    2006 DL
    2008 MK, Epcot and DHS (Best trip EVER)

Booked- 5 year wedding aniv at Port Orleans Riverside April 20-22 2012

Planned Chirstmas 2012 offsite

Second Star to the right and straight on till morning.

Post Thanks / Like

This is going to sound goofy coming from a woman about to turn 55. But the last time I was at the Magic Kingdom, it was first thing in the morning and we had just got there . We were walking down Main Street with the castle in front of us , and then some Characters started walking past me through the crowd toward the castle. I got so excited, you would have thought I was a kid. It was a totally magical moment for me..

Post Thanks / Like

I grew up going to Magic Kingdom - three or four times a year, since we only lived about an hour and a half away. Back then, Mk was *the* park - I'm talkin' mid to late '70s, early '80s.

I would make a "notebook" with all of the rides I wanted to ride - 20K, Grand Prix Raceway, Mansion, Skyway, Mr. Toad, If You Had Wings - a lot of stuff that's no longer there.

When we'd go through the turnstiles, I would make a beeline straight for a park map - I'm talkin' the wall-poster-sized maps. I *treasured* those maps. Wish they still made them.

Today, one of the best memories I've had is bringing my granddaughter to the park for the very first time in 2010 She was only four months old at the time, but it brought back memories of those day trips growing up - we'd always visited the parks as kids with my grandma, aunt, uncle, cousins, brothers, mom and dad, you name it...LOL :P I'd remember seeing MSEP for the first time in 1977. Seeing my granddaughter's eyes *light up* watching the parade brought those memories back to life.

I need to try and make a family trip again if we can get everybody together
    Former WDW Magic Kingdom Cast Member (2001-2010): Main Street Parades/WDWRR Engineer/Conductor; Frontierland Attractions; Tomorrowland Attractions

Last: Sep '14 (Coronado Springs)
    Next:Oct 2015: MNSSHP

Have you ever dreamed the dreams of the children...?

Post Thanks / Like

Mine would have been Thanksgiving 2012 we were in Ak and had just seen the Pooh characters and we were stopped by a cm who had some questions- which I'm not a big fan of surveys but thought it would be ok. Well he asked what I liked about the parade at Ak and I said the floats were cool and that they allowed people to be part of the parade. He said right answer and we got to be in the parade. I was more excited than my ds9- would have thought I won the lottery. lol It was great. One I will never forget and will cherish always.

Post Thanks / Like

This isn't very detailed but when I was little and still believed in the characters.

My mom waited in the long line at Mickey's Toon Town Fair inside the circus tent to see all the characters. I am forever grateful she put up with me and waited approximately an hour or more just to see characters.
    "I want to be apart of your world."

All Star Music 2000-present & future

Post Thanks / Like

I'm right there with you...Loved the time spent there with my now deceased 18 year old son..

it was really the happiest place on earth for her. we lost her and her mother (my MIL) within weeks of each other this year, and i would give anything to be able to go to MK with them again, and see her face light up like a little kid as she walked down main street, and hear her singing and clapping along to the music

Post Thanks / Like

....fall of 2005 ....coming off Soarin for the 1st time ....and smiling like a fool the rest of the day.
    April '04- POP
    "Jersey Week" '04 - ASM
    "Jersey Week" '05- POP
    "Jersey Week" '06- POP
    "Jersey Week"'07- DCL & POP
    "Jersey Week" '08- POP
    Dec '09- Jan '10- POP
    Aug-Sept '10- POP
    Aug-Sept '11- POP
    Aug-Sept '12- POP
    Aug-Sept '13- POP
    Aug '17 - POP

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Jersey Dad !!

I'm waiving to ya !
    I work in East Brunswick on Route 18 !!

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! Call this one the Lazarus thread.

I can say, though, that in three years my favorite moment has changed. It was a few months after this thread originally arrived. My favorite moment was when me and my 5yo DD and 3yo DS went flying down into the Briar Patch for the first time together. The glee in their voice and the smiles on their faces was incredible. Can I re-live it? I'm going to try on my next trip when my youngest is 3yo and should be well over the 40 inch mark. Can't wait!
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tiggerbuddy View Post
    Hey Jersey Dad !!

I'm waiving to ya !
    I work in East Brunswick on Route 18 !!

..... waving back. Don't ya love the Rte 18 traffic ....? I was just on it about 20 minutes ago.
    April '04- POP
    "Jersey Week" '04 - ASM
    "Jersey Week" '05- POP
    "Jersey Week" '06- POP
    "Jersey Week"'07- DCL & POP
    "Jersey Week" '08- POP
    Dec '09- Jan '10- POP
    Aug-Sept '10- POP
    Aug-Sept '11- POP
    Aug-Sept '12- POP
    Aug-Sept '13- POP
    Aug '17 - POP

Post Thanks / Like

Default Get me a tissue

Our first *without in-laws* trip to WDW was in 1999. My daughter was 7. She was an Aladdin freak. She's seen the movie 1K times. Every time, we need to "fast forward" through the cave of wonders part. This is before DVD players.

Well at the 3:00 parade, we got prime seating. She's sitting there in her Jasmine shirt.

Jasmine and Aladdin come by on a float. Jasmine sees DD in her shirt and points to it. She then places her hand over her heart and then blows DD a kiss.

My daughter's face was priceless. I don't need a camera to picture it but wish I did capture it.

Later, when we were in Adventureland, she had the opportunity to meet Aladdin but she was afraid to. Captain Hook was in the same area and although the CM told her everyone in Mickey's Kingdom is kind, she was having none of it.

Fast Forward about 15 or so years.... Jasmine and Aladdin are doing meet and greets. DD; now 20 is standing in line (without her little sister). Jasmine asks her if she has found herself a prince too. DD20 says no. Jasmine tells her not to overlook the diamond in the rough. DD 20 says, "Does that include hockey players?" and then she has to explain the sport to Aladdin and Jasmine. I wish I had THAT on video.
    Then: #runICOT 1/16
    GC Disneyland 10/15
    #runICOT 1/15
    OKW 7/14
    BWV #runICOT 1/14
    VBR and BCV 7/13
    AoA 10/12 iCOT 15th!
    VBR, OKW, Magic, & AKL 5/12
    BCV, BLT, Dream 8/11
    BWV 9/09
    AKV & DCL Magic 5/09
    POR 11/08 (no KIDS)
    BWV 6/08
    SSR 11/07
    AKL - 5/06
    Offsite 6/05
    ASM 7/99
    Offsite 3/97

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JMTStone View Post
    Our first *without in-laws* trip to WDW was in 1999. My daughter was 7. She was an Aladdin freak. She's seen the movie 1K times. Every time, we need to "fast forward" through the cave of wonders part. This is before DVD players.

Well at the 3:00 parade, we got prime seating. She's sitting there in her Jasmine shirt.

Jasmine and Aladdin come by on a float. Jasmine sees DD in her shirt and points to it. She then places her hand over her heart and then blows DD a kiss.

My daughter's face was priceless. I don't need a camera to picture it but wish I did capture it.

Later, when we were in Adventureland, she had the opportunity to meet Aladdin but she was afraid to. Captain Hook was in the same area and although the CM told her everyone in Mickey's Kingdom is kind, she was having none of it.

Fast Forward about 15 or so years.... Jasmine and Aladdin are doing meet and greets. DD; now 20 is standing in line (without her little sister). Jasmine asks her if she has found herself a prince too. DD20 says no. Jasmine tells her not to overlook the diamond in the rough. DD 20 says, "Does that include hockey players?" and then she has to explain the sport to Aladdin and Jasmine. I wish I had THAT on video.

Love it!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: