Quantcast Sleepy Hollow, New York

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sleepy Hollow, New York

We just visited Sleepy Hollow, New York, right outside of Tarrytown, New York. It is absolutely beautiful this time of the year with all of the Halloween and Fall activities. We checked out the cemetary and old dutch church which The Sleepy Hollow book was based around. It was really a cute town. A great eatery called Horsefeathers was a delicious stop. We then went to an event called Blaze. Tickets must be purchased ahead of time about 16 dollars per adult, less for kids, though I cant be specific on that amount. There are numerous other activities running around the town; a kids parade, a haunted trail called the Headless Horseman, and some other halloween festivities. Such a great idea and not far from NYC!
    "See, it's just like I told you. Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is you'll never run out of Wishes. They're shining deep down inside of you. And that, my friends, is where the magic lives."Jiminy Cricket
    Our wish came true! Ellie 9/9/13

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

It sounds really cool. I actual just saw something on Fox News about Tarrytown. It was about one of the houses on the Tarrytown Inn's property being haunted. Sounds like alot of fun.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

It is a Halloween town! Lots of fun to visit. There are great shops and cute dining areas too!
    "See, it's just like I told you. Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is you'll never run out of Wishes. They're shining deep down inside of you. And that, my friends, is where the magic lives."Jiminy Cricket

Post Thanks / Like

When I saw the title of the thread, I actually gasped. I have wanted to go there since I was a kid and read about it in my moms magazine! I absolutely love The Legend of Sleepy Hollow!!! How far is it from the city? Did you spend the night in a hotel? If so, which one? I wouldn't know where to start - I'm a Florida girl, never been to NYC, but I heard rumors going around that there may be a girls getaway within my family sometime in the next year or two. I'm sure New York City would be absolutely gorgeous, but I can't go all the way to New York without going to Sleepy Hollow!
    Two things You told me: That You are strong, and You love me.

Post Thanks / Like

You are so funny! Sleepy Hollow was a really cute town. I believe it was about 40 minutes from NYC but dont quote me on that- I was just a passenger in the car. We didnt stay in a hotel we just did a day trip but I am sure there are some cute places in the area. My recommendation would be to go during Halloween, it is obviously when the town "comes to life"! Have a great time planning!

Post Thanks / Like

That's a lot closer than I expected! Thanks for the information
    Two things You told me: That You are strong, and You love me.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: