Quantcast Disney Essay - Help!?!?!?!?!?!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Disney Essay - Help!?!?!?!?!?!

I know if there is anyone out there that can help this is the place to find them! After getting laid off over a year ago, I find myself in unfamiliar territory! I am back in college after 19 years!!!!! I am currently taking an English Composition Class (something brand new to me as I have never taken one before!!!) and our next writing assignment is for a descriptive essay. There is about 20 different topics to choose from including a restaurant, coffee shop, or scene of enviromental disaster (like a flood or fire) but for my love of Disney I think I am going to go with amusement park!!!!

Now is where you guys come in......I need some assistance describing the sights, sounds, smells of the Magic Kingdom as you walk in, down main street ending up in front of the castle! I really thought that this would be easy, but I am having a little trouble finding good words to describe the way the buildings look etc. I am not asking anyone to write the essay for me, but just some good descriptive terms that may help me get the creative juices flowing. I have to be able to put the teacher there, seeing it, hearing it etc as though she has never seen it before (and this teacher probably hasn't!)

Any help you guys can provide would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in Advance

Disneyfan328
    Pittsburgh PA
    3/97 - All Star Music
    9/07 Port Orleans Riverside
    May 2009All Star Movie~Wedding Anniversary!
    January 2012 All Star Movies
    December 2013 - All Star Movies to celebrate birthdays!
    Planning our December 2015 "Paige's Sweet 16" Birthday Trip -Art of Animation!!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by disneyfan328 View Post
    I know if there is anyone out there that can help this is the place to find them! After getting laid off over a year ago, I find myself in unfamiliar territory! I am back in college after 19 years!!!!! I am currently taking an English Composition Class (something brand new to me as I have never taken one before!!!) and our next writing assignment is for a descriptive essay. There is about 20 different topics to choose from including a restaurant, coffee shop, or scene of enviromental disaster (like a flood or fire) but for my love of Disney I think I am going to go with amusement park!!!!

Now is where you guys come in......I need some assistance describing the sights, sounds, smells of the Magic Kingdom as you walk in, down main street ending up in front of the castle! I really thought that this would be easy, but I am having a little trouble finding good words to describe the way the buildings look etc. I am not asking anyone to write the essay for me, but just some good descriptive terms that may help me get the creative juices flowing. I have to be able to put the teacher there, seeing it, hearing it etc as though she has never seen it before (and this teacher probably hasn't!)

Any help you guys can provide would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in Advance
    That's freaky! This past week my college English class had to write a descriptive essay, we could pick anything we wanted.

I of course being a Disney Freak picked Disney. I picked the same scenario as you, entering Main Street, walking down and ending up at the castle.

We were limited to only 150 words which was very hard because I could probably fill pages with descriptions about Disney.

Good luck on your assignment.
    Next Trip-Jan 2012 POFQ! & 2nd DCL! Sailing To The Caribbean!

Previous Trips
    12/'10 CBR & 1st DCL
    12/'09 CBR
    12/'08 *1st On Property*- POFQ
    12/'07 *1st Christmas Trip*
    04/'06 1st trip back
    11/'91* 6 yrs old, My 1st Trip To WDW*

șoș "Let Us Not Forget,It All Started With A Mouse" șoș

Post Thanks / Like

For me while I'm strolling down Main Street, I enjoy seeing the castle with a background of a perfect blue sky filled with puffy, white clouds, hearing the train whistle blow and the happy, easy music playing and of couse, the smell of the choclate chips cookies as you pass by the bakery. It's the best feeling in the world.
    08/07 Ft. Wilderness Cabins (WAHOO!)
    10/06 All Stars Music (me & dd)
    6/06 POFQ
    6/05 Ft. Wilderness Cabins
    1/05 Offsite and Ft. Wilderness Cabins
    8/03 Offsite
    3/02 Offsite
    9/99 Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on going back to school!

One thing that I found that always helped me in my essays and writing assignments is to just sit and write ... don't think too much about it, and write what comes to mind.

Then, leave it a bit, and go back and edit it. So much easier than trying to think through every word when you're writing it, and you'll be surprised at some of the good stuff that comes out.

But, for the assignment, what do I think/feel when I walk up Main Street? Everyone is happy, everything is how it is supposed to be, the perfect Main Street we all dream of!
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess21 View Post
    That's freaky! This past week my college English class had to write a descriptive essay, we could pick anything we wanted.

We were limited to only 150 words which was very hard because I could probably fill pages with descriptions about Disney.

Good luck on your assignment.
    Thanks, however I have to write 3 1/2 pages!!! That is why I am looking for some help. As much as I love Disney I have only been there 3 times and its hard to remember exactly how things look. I have to find vivid describing words to explain about the buildings and what they look like etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ibelieveindisneymagic View Post
    Congrats on going back to school!

One thing that I found that always helped me in my essays and writing assignments is to just sit and write ... don't think too much about it, and write what comes to mind.

Then, leave it a bit, and go back and edit it. So much easier than trying to think through every word when you're writing it, and you'll be surprised at some of the good stuff that comes out.

But, for the assignment, what do I think/feel when I walk up Main Street? Everyone is happy, everything is how it is supposed to be, the perfect Main Street we all dream of!
    Thanks, this is how I am staring, but I am really having trouble finding good wording to use. (the teacher said just colors or puffy clouds won't cut it!) I guess I am looking for help from those that have been there a lot as even with my pictures its hard to describe being there and it can't be my feelings as that would be a narrative. I have to set the scene and put the reader there. I don't know I guess I am just frustrated since I have never done this before.

Disneyfan328
    Pittsburgh PA
    3/97 - All Star Music
    9/07 Port Orleans Riverside
    May 2009All Star Movie~Wedding Anniversary!
    January 2012 All Star Movies
    December 2013 - All Star Movies to celebrate birthdays!
    Planning our December 2015 "Paige's Sweet 16" Birthday Trip -Art of Animation!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I once wrote an essay for a long time. With creativity I had a problem, because I am more a techie for my nature. I appealed to the services that write essays. They are very helpful, then I realized writing structure and all subsequent work I have done on their own.
    Last edited by VWL Mom; 09-05-2016 at 08:07 AM. Reason: link removed per TOS

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: