Quantcast The INTERCOT Insider Live Podcast Discussion - Page 7

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Post Thanks / Like

John you did see the Holiday Tag for Illuminations back in 2006 with me, Patricia and Zac. Wow and you didn't even have any Viking Coffee that night Must be old age setting in
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JPL View Post
    John you did see the Holiday Tag for Illuminations back in 2006 with me, Patricia and Zac. Wow and you didn't even have any Viking Coffee that night Must be old age setting in
    Honestly - I don't remember seeing that before. Seriously??
    John - aka. The Master Control Program
    Owner, Chairman & Chief Imagination Officer - INTERCOT

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, we were all there in Coldcot that evening. I have pictures of us trying on dorky Viking Hats in Norway.

It was very cold watching Illuminations and I was drinking the Viking Coffee.
    I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way.

Post Thanks / Like

Patricia has it right we were standing dead center between the 2 stores right in front of the Tree. And I was drinking a Viking Coffee along with you Patricia And Coldcot is a bit of an understatement FreezCot was more like it
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

AMEN!!! when it comes to the Prison Guards protecting the seating. It happened to us in Cosmic Rays once...my wife with 2 children..a 1 year old and a 6 year old...were told to wait until I came with the food....not a good situation! Bad Form!!!!

This time, we did not encounter that but I did witness someone telling a cast member "where they could go"...to sit....if you get my meaning!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, you went there so now I have to vent on the whole universal express ticket....Disney's concept of the fast pass was meant to help keep lines shorter and help disburse the people throughout the park...holding your place in line....Universal's idea is not to disburse the crowd ..it is to see who will pay more to get on first....think about this...if 1000 people buy an express ticket...and all 1000 people decided to go on the same ride at the same time....there is no express because no one is disbursed!!! it really is a gimmick to see who will pay the extra money!!

And you complained about the price of a hamburger!!! lol

Post Thanks / Like

I enjoyed the number 7 podcast. I listened to it while I was driving home from work yesterday and continued listening while I was grocery shopping.

The holiday crowds sound crazy, though I'd still love to see the holiday decorations. Of all my trips to WDW, I've never been there during the holidays, mostly due to work and family obligations here in the West that time of year.

I've also never been to Sea World in Orlando. I doubt I will ever make it there being I live so close to Sea World here in CA. When I'm in Orlando my time will either be Disney, Universal or the Space Center.

My favorite part of the last podcast was Ian's question about Disney cruises compared to other cruise lines, and hearing what Nanci had to say. I've never taken a cruise, but I've been considering doing a Disney cruise for many years, even more so with the Disney Dream coming online. My wife wants to do a cruise and now that we have a young son I look forward to taking him on a Disney cruise at some point. Thanks Ian, for your great question.
    Chris °O°
    DISNEYLAND AP - First visit 1969

WALT DISNEY WORLD - First visit 1985
    HONG KONG DISNEYLAND - First visit 2005
    SHANGHAI DISNEYLAND - First visit 2016
    DISNEY DREAM CRUISE - First Cruise March 2019
    FUTURE + WORLD SHOWCASE = EPCOT (Favorite WDW park)

Post Thanks / Like

Would it be possible to split this thread into a new one for each podcast, or maybe even another forum category? Some of the things you guys talk about are interesting discussion topics, but I don't know that they necessarily belong all in one thread.
    Everybody else is thinking it, I'm just saying it. - Mr Gibbs
    ---
    2/00-OKW/BW
    9/00-YC
    7/01-BW
    12/01-Doubletree Suites (DTD)
    4/02-WL
    4/03-BW
    2/04-Mariott Horizons
    7/04-POP
    2/06-POP
    9/06-POP
    9/07-POP
    6/08-Dolphin/POP
    10/09-POP
    10/10-POP
    3/10-CSR

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Not a bad suggestion ... not sure this is the forum for it, though.

Maybe you could start a thread in the appropriate forum for topics that interest you and you want to discuss more in depth?
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Not a bad suggestion ... not sure this is the forum for it, though.

Maybe you could start a thread in the appropriate forum for topics that interest you and you want to discuss more in depth?
    I was just thinking maybe a forum dedicated specifically for the podcasts and discussions related to it.
    Everybody else is thinking it, I'm just saying it. - Mr Gibbs
    ---
    2/00-OKW/BW
    9/00-YC
    7/01-BW
    12/01-Doubletree Suites (DTD)
    4/02-WL
    4/03-BW
    2/04-Mariott Horizons
    7/04-POP
    2/06-POP
    9/06-POP
    9/07-POP
    6/08-Dolphin/POP
    10/09-POP
    10/10-POP
    3/10-CSR

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyFan View Post
    I was just thinking maybe a forum dedicated specifically for the podcasts and discussions related to it.
    Oh absolutely ... I know what you were saying and actually management thinks it's a great suggestion. It's definitely being discussed and will almost definitely be implemented at some point ... just have to clear the queue of some high priority stuff first.

I was only suggesting the individual topics as a stop-gap in the interim.

I do think it's a really great suggestion and I know I look forward to chatting further about many of the topics we've discussed!
    Ian ºOº

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

The Insider crew recorded "Episode 8 - What's A Maquette?" last night ... topics included the Fantasyland expansion, Disney Dream preview cruise, what's the right age to take your kids, favorite place to shop, and many others.

Look for it to go live soon!
    Ian ºOº

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Join us here for discussion of Episode 8.

Each podcast will now have it's own thread for discussion. Thanks for the suggestion Ron!

Post Thanks / Like

I liked in the 7th podcast with Nancy talking about a hidden gem with going to FW and looking at the RV area and see all the different Xmas decorations around the RV's. Can't remember if you did this already or not but would like to hear about what other fun things you guys like to do in WDW that isn't in a Park like maybe fishing, para-sailing, special cruises, etc. I'm not even sure of everything that can be done outside of the Parks that many people don't know more about. Maybe even just discuss the not so well known things to do not in the Parks and not necessarily your favorites.
    Off Site-- All Star Movies-- Pop Century-- Coronado Springs-- Port Orleans French Quarter
    Walt Disney-"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by caryrae View Post
    Can't remember if you did this already or not but would like to hear about what other fun things you guys like to do in WDW that isn't in a Park like maybe fishing, para-sailing, special cruises, etc. I'm not even sure of everything that can be done outside of the Parks that many people don't know more about. Maybe even just discuss the not so well known things to do not in the Parks and not necessarily your favorites.
    Another great suggestion which we will surely discuss soon.

Post Thanks / Like

Am I the only one who is afraid of lakes in Florida? I just assume I'm going to get eaten by a croc.
    Gary (aka dpamac)
    President, INTERCOT

Have you booked Your Magical Journey yet?

INTERCOT featuring Capn' Tom's "Ballad of the Yeti (The Yeti is Down)" remembers a grander time, when the Yeti once stood tall on Everest and functioned as he should. Download your copy of this epic and sad tale today!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dpamac View Post
    Am I the only one who is afraid of lakes in Florida? I just assume I'm going to get eaten by a croc.
    Now, now, those shoes aren't that bad are they?
    Off Site-- All Star Movies-- Pop Century-- Coronado Springs-- Port Orleans French Quarter
    Walt Disney-"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by caryrae View Post
    Now, now, those shoes aren't that bad are they?
    They'll swaller a leg up whole, they will. Yargh.
    Gary (aka dpamac)
    President, INTERCOT

Have you booked Your Magical Journey yet?

INTERCOT featuring Capn' Tom's "Ballad of the Yeti (The Yeti is Down)" remembers a grander time, when the Yeti once stood tall on Everest and functioned as he should. Download your copy of this epic and sad tale today!

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone having trouble downloading episodes 7 & 8 staright from iTunes on your iPhone 3GS? The download gets about 90% complete and I get an error message ("There is a problem downloading this podcast"). I have tried several time over the post few days all with the same result.

I have downloaded earlier episodes and downloaded other podcats since with no problems.

Send me a private message if you have a suggestion.
    POR 3/2006
    GF 12/2010
    CSR 3/2011
    DLH 6/2012, 6/2013
    POFQ 3/2007, 4/2008, 12/2008, 3/2010, 10/2011, 4/2013, 3/2015, 5/2017
    BC 3/2014
    AKL 9/2015, 5/2018
    BW 9/2017

Post Thanks / Like

I have really enjoyed the podcasts. You guys are doing a great job! I have to agree about the cast members guarding the tables. I think that's just over the top and unneccessary.

BTW John this was the second year we rode Disaster at Universal and we love it. I don't think I have ever laughed so hard on a ride before. The first year my nephew was picked to "act" in the film and it was so funny watching the finished product.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567