Quantcast Sum of All Thrills - Pooh-sized Peeps

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sum of All Thrills - Pooh-sized Peeps

Not sure where to post this one, so if you have to move it, please do!! And I didn't see anything about it beofre, so if I've repeated info, sorry!

So DH and I are in the World right now, went to Epcot yesterday. Went to Innoventions and wanted to try Sum of All Thrills, the build your own roller coaster. Well, DH and I are Pooh-sized, about 250 each, and when we got to the ride part, we didn't fit. They were nice about it, tried twice and said "sorry guys". No big deal, we're chubby, we know this! LOL As we were leaving, though, we saw that they had a test seat on the other side. We came in from the opposite side and didn't see it. Oh well, it was fun building it anyway!
    "Thank you for choosing Magic Carpet for all your travel needs. Don't stand till the rug has come to a complete stop. Thank you, good bye now, good bye, thank you, good bye..."

1984, 1997, 2001, 2002, 2005, 2006, 2008,
    2010 x 3, 2011 x 3, 2012

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, I will check out the test seat.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the heads-up. I'll make sure DH checks out the test seat before he gets started!
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the heads-up! You've provided me with a tangible reason I can't do it with my DS besides the fact that I'm just too chicken.
    Ellen
    INTERCOT Staff: Dining, Disney Cruise Line, Guests with Special Needs

Next up:
    Christmas with the Mouse
    President's Week 2013

Post Thanks / Like

When it first opened, they were suggesting all try the test seat -- as it is hard for many. It is not only tight for the Pooh sized. The top has to push down to a tightly locked position. Even the Piglet-sized male in our group worried about his man-parts being "squished." I am also relatively small, but felt confined around my arms. On the other hand, I have enclosed spaced issues/ minor clautrophobia -- and was not bothered once the ride started.
    I love the fact that you have a monitor showing both the ride itself and the face of the person riding beside you. Because of this, I was secure knowing that my child was fine -- always a worry for a parent, especially with a child on the spectrum (autism/aspergers.) I could see my son loving the ride.
    [There is an emergency stop button, too. So - if I saw him getting bothered, I would have been able to stop the ride -- before it became overwhelming for him.]
    In any case, I recommend all ask to test the seat. This summer, I noticed that they were not offering - you had to ask for the test seat.

Post Thanks / Like

Along the same lines, have any larger guests been to IOA since Universal adjusted the seats for the Harry Potter ride? Any comments on the changes?

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: