Quantcast Caribbean Beach Resort Reviews

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Caribbean Beach Resort Reviews

We are taking advantage of free dining, and staying at Caribbean Beach Resort. I looked at the resort photos, and thought that it was really pretty. Because of the resort size, I reserved "Preferred" rooms. We will have a car, so we won't be relying on busses too much.
    After visiting various websites and reading some reviews, I'm a bit worried. Did I make a wrong choice? My first choice was CS, but it wasn't available. Being from Louisiana, we didn't want to do Port Orleans.
    I'm just hoping that I didn't make a mistake. And, are the 'Preferred" rooms worth the extra money?
    80&89 Off-site, HONEYMOON 97 Port Orleans, '02 & '03 Offsite, '04 Poly Concierge, '05 Poly,'07 Contemporary, Feb. 08 GF, Dec. '08 Poly, May '10 Offsite, Mar.'11 FW Cabin,May '12 and July'12 Wyndham Bonnet Creek,July'13 Windsor Hills, March '14 AofA, Fourth of July '14 Poly,June 2015 SSR

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

CBR is a really nice resort. It is beautifully landscaped and really does give you an Island feel. It has the quiet pools that are great. It is a large spread out place, if walking is NOT an issue for you what "island" you stay on should not be a concern they are all beautifull. If you want a short walk or are toting little kids I would definitly pay for the Preffered location as they are only a minute or three from the foodcourt and Port Royal. I have stayed here 4 times and would not hesistate to recommend it to anyone. I know some people dont like its size but it is an asset. It never seems crowded at the resort. Trinidad North and Martinique are the preffered and woth every penny if you ask me.

You made a great choice in getting the prefered location. You should not be disappointed! I personally love the place!! Good luck with youe trip!!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks. We do have small children, so I'm glad I opted for the preferred rooms. I was just concerned about the actual rooms being clean. I'm not a super neat freak,(I can't be with four kids) but I read that some of the rooms were worn with stained carpets and comforters.
    I can honestly say that I've never experienced such conditions on Disney property, but some of the reviews have me a bit concerned.
    80&89 Off-site, HONEYMOON 97 Port Orleans, '02 & '03 Offsite, '04 Poly Concierge, '05 Poly,'07 Contemporary, Feb. 08 GF, Dec. '08 Poly, May '10 Offsite, Mar.'11 FW Cabin,May '12 and July'12 Wyndham Bonnet Creek,July'13 Windsor Hills, March '14 AofA, Fourth of July '14 Poly,June 2015 SSR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by eandrsmom View Post
    Thanks. We do have small children, so I'm glad I opted for the preferred rooms. I was just concerned about the actual rooms being clean. I'm not a super neat freak,(I can't be with four kids) but I read that some of the rooms were worn with stained carpets and comforters.
    I can honestly say that I've never experienced such conditions on Disney property, but some of the reviews have me a bit concerned.
    I have been there (CBR) 5 times and have never seen such conditions. If you do Customer Service would surely move you. Remember when reading reviews some peoples expectations are so high Buckingham Palace would be a let down. Disney has built it's tremendous reputation on doing things right, not wrong. Upon Check in ask if Martinique building 25 or 26 is available. You should be more than satisfied. The foodcourt is pretty good, decent choices. Shutters is just ok so do your best to get your adr's squared away. Look at the dinig thread I just gave a review of my week there last week. Relax and enjoy!! You and the family deserve it!!

Post Thanks / Like

We have stayed in CBR and enjoyed out stay! We had no problem with the bus service & the food court was very nice. My DD was 8 while we stayed there & enjoyed the walks along the "beach". We stayed in the Martinque Building #25 and was only a 5 minute walk to the gift shop, restaurants, and bus stop. We found the room to be cleaned up nicely everyday & some of the best mouse keeping we have ever had. Everyday we had some of the cutest kind of towel animals made that she would in corporate with my daughter's stuffed animals. We would stay there again.
    Disneyland Christmas 2015
    Contemporary & Pop July 2011
    French Quarter June 2010
    WL June 2009
    CBR June 2008
    ASMovies July 2007
    POR June 2006
    FW May 1996
    Orange Lake Country Club May 1988
    Poly September 1986
    CR October 1972

Post Thanks / Like

The main pool is awesome!! My kids loved it. It has 2 waterslides and a seperate area for little kids.

However, we wouldn't stay there again because the resort is HUGE. If you are getting a preferred room, i'm sure it will be better for you. The rooms sort of have a tropical smell to them I noticed. Since you are not using the buses, then I'm sure you will be fine. It is a pretty resort.

Have a great time.
    January 1993-Off Property
    September 1996-Dixie Landings (POR)
    September 2006-Pop Century
    September 2007-Pop Century
    September 2008-Contemporary
    May 2009-Caribbean Beach
    Oct/Nov-2011-Wilderness Lodge
    December- 2013--Pop Century
    May 2015--Give Kids The World

Post Thanks / Like

We loved CBR. It really is a lovely resort. We were in the Aruba section. Not too long of a walk to the foot court, etc; but by the end of the week; it seemed like a long walk. I would most definitely pay for a preferred room to be closer. My kids loved the pool. Food court was good and bus service was good. No complaints here. You will enjoy it!!
    TRACEY
    ºOº

Disneyland as a kid
    11/02-POFQ * 07/04-Disneyland PPH * 11/05-AKL * 10/08-CBR * 12/10-WL * 11/11-AKL * 11/12-AKL * 11/13-GF * 11/14-AKL * 06/15-Poly * 12/15-YC * 5/16-BWI * 12/16-BC * 5/17-Poly * 10/17-GF * 12/18-POFQ * 12/19-YC * 12/20-CSR * 12/21-BC * 3/22-CSR

Next: 9/22*BWI

Post Thanks / Like

We like CBR, but it is big and more importantly for us it seems crowded like more kids, more activity, more noise, etc. It is very kid friendly so I can see why it's a draw for families, but I like to find quieter resorts that are more of a retreat from the hussle and bussle of the parks. For that reason CSR is our favorite moderate. I didn't really have a bad experience at CBR though and I would stay there again, it's just not my first choice.

When we went my MIL came too. She did have some issues with the cleanliness of her bathroom and stains on the carpet, but MIL is a complainer so I take anything she says with a grain of salt. My room was fine.
    Michelle

Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.

Post Thanks / Like

Caribbean beach is a great resort!! People have picked apart each and every resort somewhere on the internet. You might find it easier to use the buses sometimes even though you have your car. I recommend using your car when you are travelling to downtown disney because personally I find the buses take along time to and from there. (Also stops at one of the waterparks on the way) For example on a night you wish to go to magic kingdom it is much easier waiting a little extra to hop on a bus that takes you directly back to the resort. That way you can relax and not have to hop on the monorail/boat to go to the ticket/transport centre, get on the tran that takes you to the different parking lots, mixing in with all the traffic and parking and walking to your room. Just something to think about! Have fun

Post Thanks / Like

We have always enjoyed our stay at CBR. The grounds are beautiful. The pools are really cool.
    The food court was great.

Everyone has their and that's mine

It's Disney after all

18 Previous Visits

Most Recent December 2011 (POP)
    May 2012 (Disney Fantasy !)
    Sept 2012 POP Mom/Daughter Trip

Sept 2013 40th Anniversary Adventures Disney Ireland

2014 Check out MK Makeover!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the reassurance everyone! It sounds like we're going to have a great time. Like I said before, I've never had a problem with a room at Disney, but just wanted some feedback. Let the countdown begin......

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't been able to get an answer to this question..do any of the quiet pools have hot tubs or is it just the main pool area that has them..

Post Thanks / Like

The main pool is the only one with a hot tub. The quiet pools are just pools.

Post Thanks / Like

The CBR is the best value on Disney property! I feel it is as close to a deluxe you can get at moderate prices. The cast members are great, food court is awsome, their sit down rest is really good, Bus travel is faster than others, the new pools are really great for kids. The Bar next to the pool is very handy as well. There are bike rentals and boat rental as well and a nice play areas for the kids. Last Dec we stayed at Martiniques 26, the corner room facing the little park area there was benches and chairs that were great for relaxing at night when the kids were sleeping. I also found out a secret the food court manager told me. I will let you know if send me PM have a great time.

First trip 1986 ...
    Not enough since then!

Post Thanks / Like

We've stayed at CBR twice and really enjoyed it both times. My boys are huge pirate fans so we stayed in the pirate rooms both times, and even then we didn't mind the walk to the food court or pool. I don't know when the reviews you read were submitted, but all the rooms at CBR recently underwent major refurbs. When we first stayed at CBR in June of 2009 I think they were just completeing the refurb. I can't imagine the rooms could be too dirty or worn out yet. Our rooms were always clean and everything looked new, even on our trip in June of this year.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: