Quantcast Please help me think straight for tomorrow!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Please help me think straight for tomorrow!

OK-- been thinking about this for months, thought I had all the answers, and now that it's here I'm a little discombobulated. In the morning I'll be making our first home resort (BLT) reservation requests for big family group, 11 months out. I have figured what we need in points assuming LV and am going to ask for one 2 BR unit and one studio. If they have standard view (and assume they won't) that's also acceptable. If they have MKV my point total will be off but I can borrow from 2012 and cover. Here's where I get confused. If they only have MKV may I still request LV (really would like to save all our 2012 points if possible) and then if LV becomes available get those points back?
    Such an elementary question and I should know but first time jitters=not thinking clearly.
    I'll research some more but know one of you could answer this in 10 seconds so thanks in advance.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

It's a complicated issue since you're borrowing points from 2012.

We've had similar concerns - and recalling a recent transaction, Guest Services told us that they would keep the "borrowed points" on the reservation, and give back to us "this year's points."

In other words, you should be able to get back the difference in 2011 points, but once you borrow the 2012 points, that's pretty much final. If they reimburse your 2011 points, you can eventually use or bank them to 2012.

I hope that makes sense! Whatever you do, talk to the Guest Services person FIRST when making your reservation and make absolutely sure that what I've written is correct.
    Frank

DVC Owner
    BWV, BCV, SSR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maleficent's Dad View Post
    It's a complicated issue since you're borrowing points from 2012.

In other words, you should be able to get back the difference in 2011 points, but once you borrow the 2012 points, that's pretty much final. If they reimburse your 2011 points, you can eventually use or bank them to 2012.
    Remember the 4-month baking rule. This may or may not apply to you in this case, but if those 2011 points get refunded to you within 4 months of the end of your use year, you cannot bank them. If that happens, you have to use them before the end of your use year or else you lose them.
    Amanda
    Mom of Jay and Sam

'Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor
    mantengase alejado de las puertas'

CR - Jun 76, 85 & 89
    BLT - Nov 11 & 13
    Poly - Jun 80 & Jan/Feb 07
    WL - Jun 97, Sep 05 & Dec 08
    Next - Jersey Week 2015 Baby!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the heads up on the 4 month; I had NOT considered that. Really appreciate input from both posters and feel a little better prepared now. Hoping there will be 2 units available and have decided that, if so, we'll take whatever view we can get and go with it. Not likely we will get the whole group to WDW any more often than every 3 years; so if MKV is available and LV is not we can borrow some 2012 points and still have enough for a mini-vacation for DH and me.

Post Thanks / Like

What I meant to remind you of was the 4-month banking rule, not the 4-month baking rule. That just sounds silly.
    Amanda
    Mom of Jay and Sam

'Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor
    mantengase alejado de las puertas'

CR - Jun 76, 85 & 89
    BLT - Nov 11 & 13
    Poly - Jun 80 & Jan/Feb 07
    WL - Jun 97, Sep 05 & Dec 08
    Next - Jersey Week 2015 Baby!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by diz_girl View Post
    What I meant to remind you of was the 4-month banking rule, not the 4-month baking rule. That just sounds silly.
    Silly, but delicious!
    Caribbean Beach August 1992
    Pop Century March 2008
    Beach Club April 2010
    Vero/BLT August 2011
    VWL July 2012

Next trip - Beach Club August 2013

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: