Quantcast Tidbits August 2010

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Tidbits August 2010

Tidbits
    August 2010

Celebrate Changes

8/12/10
    The Celebrate a Dream Come True parade at the Magic Kingdom has recently debuted several changes. The Beauty & the Beast and Little Mermaid float sections of the A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes unit appear to have been retired from the parade. The Cinderella section of the unit remains; however, the body of the float has been repainted from silver to blue. Additionally, Princess Tiana and Prince Naveen have been added aboard the Celebrate Today! (castle) float. There has been little information reported from Entertainment Cast regarding the reason for the changers nor if this is a transitional state or a permenant one.

Auf Wiedersehen und Hallo

8/12/10 Karamelle-Kueche has been internally announced to open September 22, 2010.

8/9/10
    Goebel’s Glas und Porzellan Shop retail location in Epcot’s Germany pavilion closed at the end of July. A hard opening date for Karamelle-Kueche has yet to be announced.

6/14/10 A name and a few more details have been announced for the Werther’s Candy Shop scheduled to open this Fall in the Germany Pavilion of Epcot’s World Showcase. The new location will be called Karamelle-Kueche. The store will feature caramel popcorn, caramel apples, caramel-covered marshmallows and caramel-covered strawberries made fresh daily in its show kitchen. The store will also feature pre-packaged caramels, fudge, brownies, cupcakes and cookies. Despite these further details, a hard opening date has not been announced; Late September 2010 is the most specified opening for this location.

5/19/10 Epcot Cast have reported that the Germany pavilion will be undergoing a major retail change this Fall. It has been internally announced that the Goebel retail location will be replaced by a Werther's Candy Shop. The new location is planned to give Guests the opportunity to watch some of the candy being made and will feature a giant cauldron. The new Werther's location is scheduled to open "September 2010", although a closure date for the Goebel store has reportedly not been announced.

New Heritage

8/9/10
    The American Heritage Gallery located in the American Adventure Pavilion in Epcot’s World Showcase, has closed for refurbishment. The exhibit is expected to re-open in Late August – Early September 2010. At the time of the closure it was not announced what the exhbit would feature when it re-opened.

Goodbye Gobbler

8/9/10
    The Lunching Pad in the Magic Kingdom’s Tommorowland has recently modified its menu. The Counter Service location has recently removed Galactic Gobblers (Smoked Turkey Legs) and has added three types of gourmet hot dogs. The Philly Cheese Steak Hot Dog is topped with beef, onions, peppers, mushrooms, and cheese sauce; the Reuben Hot Dog is topped with corned beef, sauerkraut, Swiss cheese, and Thousand Island dressing; and the Taco Hot Dog is topped with ground beef, lettuce, salsa, and sour cream. These items are offered in a combo meal for $7.89

Epicurean Expansion

8/9/10
    To help meet in the increase in demand for Table Service dining options during the “Free Dining Plan” promotion period, the Tommorowland Terrace will be offering a buffet on select evenings. From 5:30 pm – 9:00 pm, a Dinner Buffet will be offered on August 22 & 29 and September 5, 12, 19 & 26.

Character Curtain Call

8/9/10
    Hollywood and Vine Play-n-Dine Character Meal at Disney’s Hollywood Studios is slated for another character change this Fall. Starting in October 2010, Jojo is planned to be retired from the Character Line-up and Special Agent Oso will be added.

5/19/10 Earlier this week Goliath was retired from the Hollywood and Vine Play-n-Dine Character Meal appearances. As planned, Handy Manny has been added to the Play-n-Dine Character Meal line-up.

Halfosaurus

8/9/10
    The Dinosaur attraction in the Dinoland section of Disney’s Animal Kingdom has been internally announced to be operating at half capacity for the Late Summer – Mid Fall 2010 period. From Mid-August through Late October 2010, one of the loading docks is scheduled to be closed for refurbishment while the other remains operational. Guests visiting this attraction should expect longer than normal queue times for this attraction during this period.

A Tangled Beginning

8/9/10
    In addition to their announced Meet & Play at the Magic Kingdom, Entertainment Cast have reported that Characters from Tangled will be appearing in second form later this year. It has been reported that Characters from the up-coming feature film Tangled will be appearing as part of a pre-parade to the daily presentation of the Celebrate a Dream Come True Parade. A start date has not been reported, but the offering is expected to begin in Mid-Late Fall 2010.

More to Fry

8/9/10
    The Friar’s Nook in Fantasyland at the Magic Kingdom has recently expanded its menu. The counter service location has added three varieties of freshly cut potato chips. Plain chips are priced at $2.99; ranch, bacon and cheese chips are priced at $4.49; and chili-cheese chips are priced at $4.99.

Fantasyland Fall-out

8/9/10
    As work continues in the area of the Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, the queue has now been re-routed. The existing queue has closed for refurbishment and a temporary queue is being utilized until October 25th when the attraction closes for refurbishment. The attraction is expected to open from its scheduled refurbishment on November 15th with a drastically different queue.

7/9/10 On-going Fantasyland construction has recently affected the FASTPASS procedure for one of the area’s most popular attractions. The FASTPASS distribution area for The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh closed on July 7th due to on-going renovations of the attraction queue. As a result of the closure, the near-by FASTPASS distribution area for Mickey’s Philharmatic has been re-opened and is being used to distribute FASTPASS’s for the Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh. It has yet to be announced when the FASTPASS distribution area at the Winnie the Pooh attraction will re-open.
    Figment! aka Jason ºoº
    INTERCOT STAFF
    News, Rumours & Imagineering
    Dining
    Vacations Beyond Disney

~It’s what us storytellers do; we restore order with imagination, we instill hope again and again~

~We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things~

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the updates, Jason!!
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Figment! View Post
    Character Curtain Call
    8/9/10 Hollywood and Vine Play-n-Dine Character Meal at Disney’s Hollywood Studios is slated for another character change this Fall. Starting in October 2010, Jojo is planned to be retired from the Character Line-up and Special Agent Oso will be added.

I can't stand Special Agent Oso. Worst Playhouse Disney show EVER!!
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Figment!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tidbits August 2010: Updated 8/9 with Menu Changes, Refubishment Updates, and More

I agree Ian. I can not stand Oso either. They should make this a Phineas and Ferb meal. I am saying that just because I love that show as my kids (DS2 and DD6) do too. Seriously, they should at least keep it updated. I loved JoJo and Goliath but it has been years since that show has been on. Logically, they should do it as a Handy Manny or Pixar meal .

144 days to go!
    Ali and Tyler's Dad
    Pop Century 6/14
    Pop Century 5/12
    Caribbean Beach Resort (Pirate Rooms) 1/1/11 Free DDP
    Pop Century 10/09 Free DDP
    Pop Century 9/08 Free DDP
    All-Star Sports 9/06 Free DDP
    Pop Century 9/05
    All-Star Movies 1/02
    Coronado Springs 8/99
    Off-Site 8/98

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the updates, I've been anxiously waiting for news!
    May'98-WL
    Sept'01-POFQ
    Oct'03-ASM
    Aug'04-CBR & Charley
    Dec'05- WL-Joined DVC
    June'06- DL's Grand Californian
    Nov '06 SSR
    Oct '07 SSR with extended family
    Oct '08 Disney Wonder/OKW
    Nov '09 AKV @ Kidani
    Nov '10 Kidani
    Nov '11 VWL
    May-June 13 Kidani
    Feb-March '14 SSR

Post Thanks / Like

im not a big fan of Oso either..but my daughter seems to enjoy him and handy manny..granted shes only 8 months old..but still she watches..
    hopefully itll still be the same line up when we go to disney next year..i cant wait to eat there now!
    *bRiTTaNy*
    35 trips to WDW already...
    May 2012 - Daughters first trip - one bedroom Villa at Wilderness Lodge
    Sept 2012 - Pirate room at CBR
    Dec 2014 - SSR -second daughters first trip and my older daughters 5th Birthday!!

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, this Werther's Candy Shop sounds incredible. I've never had the desire to stop by Germany before, but now I will definitely be trying that!
    Two things You told me: That You are strong, and You love me.

Post Thanks / Like

I am sooo excited about Handy Manny being added to the meal! My son loves him and he also enjoys Special Agent Oso...it's not the best show from a parent's perspective but my son seems to enjoy it.
    I am also excited about the candy shop in Germany!!
    First Trip '77
    Disney Cast Member WDW '98
    1st yr Anniversary Trip '02
    DVC mem '04
    Family Reunion '05! & Dads 70th '11
    Found out we were having a baby' Disneyland, CA March '08
    1st TRIP for DS 7/09 BIL WDW Wedding!
    Found out baby #2 was coming WDW 5/11
    #2 1st trip Sept'12 & Son#1 5th trip!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tidbits August 2010: Updated 8/9 with Menu Changes, Refubishment Updates, and More

Thanks for the updates Jason.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the updates.
    Vince
    aka. Vizsla

INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous and Disney Vacation Club

DVC Member 10/11/04

Howell, MI (Detroit) - 1176 miles from the Wilderness Lodge
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post

My DS3 has never liked Oso either. He does like JoJo's Circus though!
    Up Next:
    1/2016 - VGC - Disneyland

1996 - Off Site
    1998 - Off Site
    1999 - FW Cabins
    2000 - ASM
    2000 - FW Cabins
    2001 - ASM
    2002 - Wilderness Lodge & Fairy Tale Wedding
    2004 - ASMu
    2006 - VWL
    2007 - CSR
    2008 - SSR
    2009 - VWL
    2011 - POR & BWV
    2013 - AKL - Kidani
    2015 - Disneyland

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the updates!

Post Thanks / Like

Arrow

**Update**

Post Thanks / Like

Too cool! We arrive Sept. 20, so Karamelle-Kueche will be one of our "must do" visits on this trip!
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Oh my! An entire store devoted to caramel. I'm in trouble! We usually head to Germany for chocolate every time we go to Epcot anyway. Now it will be chocolate and caramel.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Thanks for the update!
    ºoº David, Lisa, Aaron and Allison
    98-PO
    00-CB & ASMo
    01-Swan
    02-CS
    03-POR
    04-POP
    05-PO / CR
    07-PO / CR
    08-ASMu
    09-AKL
    10-CR, CS & PP DL
    11-NB DLP & SSR
    12-BLT & BLT
    13-GC DL & BLT
    15-Aulani & BLT
    16-ASMu & GC DL
    17-BWI, THV, CSR, BLT
    18-BLT, OKW, OKW, CBR, GF & BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Can we please get rid of the Dreams Come True Parade already! I mean talk about beating a dead horse It's really time for something new!

As for the gourmet hot dogs I noticed this on August 4th and quite frankly they looked disgusting I saw someone getting the cheese steak on and it was literally a cheese steak thrown on top of a foot long hot dog! So Much for their healthy eating campaign
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JPL View Post
    Can we please get rid of the Dreams Come True Parade already! I mean talk about beating a dead horse It's really time for something new!
    Totally agree, it has needed to go years ago! And why must they get rid of Princess floats! Especially my two favorites. Must Disney do everything in it's power to ruin my happiness? (ok rant is over, thanks for listening people lol)

I am very excited about the caramel shop tho! It will be a must see for daddy and I!
    Just call me Jen ;)

2/11-8/11: WDWCP DHS Attractions - GMR
    Current - GMR/JTA/Star Tours

Previous Trips:
    10/21/10-10/24/10 - Halloween Party
    9/10/10-9/12/10 - Tink Weekend :D
    6/23/10-6/30/10
    March 2010
    March 2009
    10/24/08 - 10/25/08
    August, 2007
    Many, Many more....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post

I agree
    ~Beth~
    1st trip Nov. 24, 2006-ASmovies (4nights)
    Nov. 25, 2007-ASMovies (6 nights)
    Sept. 6, 2008-ASMovies (6 nights)
    Nov. 28, 2009 ASMovies (7nights)
    Nov 28, 2015 AOA (7 nights)
    December 10, 2016 AKL/Pop (7nights)
    Nov. 25, 2017 AsMusic (8 Nights)
    Next Trip March 4 AsSports (4 nights)

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: