Quantcast Free Park Parking for Swan/Dolphin Guests?
 
INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
 

Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Posts
    812
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Free Park Parking for Swan/Dolphin Guests?

    Do Swan and Dolphin guests get free parking at the parks like guests of the Disney-operated resorts?

    With the Disney resorts, I know you can show your resort parking pass and park for free at the parks. I wasn't sure if the Swan/Dolphin had the same arrangement.

  2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
  3. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Wash, DC
    Posts
    649
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    Do Swan and Dolphin guests get free parking at the parks like guests of the Disney-operated resorts?
    Yes, S/D guests get free parking at the parks. You show your room key.

    S/D guests have to pay for parking at the S/D however. They charge per night of your stay (not for each entrance and exit), and you use you room key to open the gates.
    Last edited by MidnTPK; 07-21-2010 at 09:15 AM. Reason: details
    80s: Poly X 2, LBR X 3;
    CBR 3/00
    YC 10/02, 9/06
    Dolphin 10/04
    DL - Grand Californian 3/06
    Disneyland Paris 9/07
    Swan 9/08, 6/10
    BLT @ the CR, 9/09, 12/10 - Daddy-Daughter Trip

    Disney-Like: Atlantis - Paradise Island 3/01, 3/02, 9/03, 9/05, 3/07, 4/08, 3/09, 4/10, and 3/11

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Posts
    812
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MidnTPK View Post
    S/D guests have to pay for parking at the S/D however. They charge per night of your stay (not for each entrance and exit), and you use you room key to open the gates.
    Thanks for the response!

    Do you know how much they charge per night?

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    At the Edge of Reason
    Posts
    12,491
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Last I read it was a ressort fee of $10 a night, but I would be willing to bet it went up. I don't know if anyone had posted anything recently about it.

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Posts
    812
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DizneyRox View Post
    Last I read it was a ressort fee of $10 a night, but I would be willing to bet it went up. I don't know if anyone had posted anything recently about it.
    That's a bummer. I was beginning to wonder how the Swan/Dolphin could be significantly cheaper than Disney's resorts, yet fall in the "Deluxe" category. I'm beginning to see how.

  7. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Wash, DC
    Posts
    649
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    That's a bummer. I was beginning to wonder how the Swan/Dolphin could be significantly cheaper than Disney's resorts, yet fall in the "Deluxe" category. I'm beginning to see how.
    Self parking is $11 a night; valet is more, $17 I think. The resort fee is different and is still $10 a day - it gets you internet access, two bottles of water a day, 60 minutes of long distance a day, and use of the health club.

    I know where you are coming from with these added fees, but the nightly rates at the S/D usually beat the YC/BC/BW hotels by more than a $100 a night, if you take advantage of one of their discounts....and pretty much everybody can find some discount. So even adding these $20-$30 a night extras, you're still getting a big savings for similar quality (or better in some opinions) accommodations with great access to The Studios and Epcot.
    80s: Poly X 2, LBR X 3;
    CBR 3/00
    YC 10/02, 9/06
    Dolphin 10/04
    DL - Grand Californian 3/06
    Disneyland Paris 9/07
    Swan 9/08, 6/10
    BLT @ the CR, 9/09, 12/10 - Daddy-Daughter Trip

    Disney-Like: Atlantis - Paradise Island 3/01, 3/02, 9/03, 9/05, 3/07, 4/08, 3/09, 4/10, and 3/11

  8. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    At the Edge of Reason
    Posts
    12,491
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    And here I thought the resort fee was parking too! YIKES! Good to know, not that I plan on staying Swan/Dolphin any time soon. Location is really sweet however, I feel the "Epcot" resorts have the best location on property.

  9. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Easley, SC
    Posts
    1,104
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    You may want to check....I believe this has now changed. SoG guests also used to park free at the parks....When we were there recently (7/10-7/16), they advised us that guests were being asked to pay when driving to the parks. DS#2 checked with the customer service people, and they showed him a memo that states that SoG, S&D, and the value resorts are required to pay for parking at EPCOT, DHS, and AK, but can park for free at MK parking.
    Next Visit-June 2013

    75,80,81,82,99,02,03,05 CR
    83,85 FW (Cabins)
    84 Poly
    96, 04, 06, 07, 08, 10, 11 SoG
    99 WL
    2000 (Christmas) DL (POR)

  10. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Wash, DC
    Posts
    649
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wdwfansince75 View Post
    You may want to check....I believe this has now changed. SoG guests also used to park free at the parks....When we were there recently (7/10-7/16), they advised us that guests were being asked to pay when driving to the parks. DS#2 checked with the customer service people, and they showed him a memo that states that SoG, S&D, and the value resorts are required to pay for parking at EPCOT, DHS, and AK, but can park for free at MK parking.
    Just pulled this from Disney's website:
    Disney Resort Guests receive complimentary parking at Disney Theme Parks for the length of their resort stay, with valid resort identification.
    And when I was in WDW a month ago, staying at the Swan, parking was free at the parks.
    80s: Poly X 2, LBR X 3;
    CBR 3/00
    YC 10/02, 9/06
    Dolphin 10/04
    DL - Grand Californian 3/06
    Disneyland Paris 9/07
    Swan 9/08, 6/10
    BLT @ the CR, 9/09, 12/10 - Daddy-Daughter Trip

    Disney-Like: Atlantis - Paradise Island 3/01, 3/02, 9/03, 9/05, 3/07, 4/08, 3/09, 4/10, and 3/11

  11. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Posts
    812
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MidnTPK View Post
    I know where you are coming from with these added fees, but the nightly rates at the S/D usually beat the YC/BC/BW hotels by more than a $100 a night, if you take advantage of one of their discounts....and pretty much everybody can find some discount. So even adding these $20-$30 a night extras, you're still getting a big savings for similar quality (or better in some opinions) accommodations with great access to The Studios and Epcot.
    I just ran a quote on their web sites to compare rates and you're not kidding. Even with all the fees added in, the Dolphin comes out $186.26 cheaper per night than even the Wilderness Lodge. The only difference (aside from Disney vs. non-Disney) is that the Dolphin would be 2 double beds while the WL would be 2 queen beds. This is when comparing the cheapest views at each hotel for a late October stay.

    We may lean toward giving the Dolphin a shot this time. We've never stayed there before, but we have stayed in that area (YC/BC).

  12. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    At the Edge of Reason
    Posts
    12,491
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I factor in the cost of a rental car as well (if you are driving) or the transfer to the resort if necessary when comparing hotels.

    The Swan/Dolphin will probably still come out ahead, but I've stopped renting a car while at Disney, and staying on property allows me to save several hundred at least, or at least last time I checked.

    Again, not close to the $186 a night you're saving, but an apples to apples comparison is always good. Usually I compare off-site accomodations against the value resorts (not that I would stay in a value)...

  13. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Posts
    812
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I was wrong in my previous comparison of the Wilderness Lodge rates to the Dolphin. I didn't realize the WL rate I saw included park tickets. I went back and re-checked things. The Dolphin is cheaper by about $100/night, not $186/night as I had originally posted.

  14. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Wash, DC
    Posts
    649
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    The only difference (aside from Disney vs. non-Disney) is that the Dolphin would be 2 double beds while the WL would be 2 queen beds.
    The Swan has queen beds, but is priced $10-$20 more a night than the Dolphin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    I was wrong in my previous comparison of the Wilderness Lodge rates to the Dolphin. I didn't realize the WL rate I saw included park tickets. I went back and re-checked things. The Dolphin is cheaper by about $100/night, not $186/night as I had originally posted.
    This sounds about right.

    I haven't ever compared the S&D to the WL. But I know that the WL is not on the monorail, nor is it walking distance to two parks, and it is therefore priced less than the Epcot/Boardwalk and Monorail resorts in the Disney hierarchy.
    80s: Poly X 2, LBR X 3;
    CBR 3/00
    YC 10/02, 9/06
    Dolphin 10/04
    DL - Grand Californian 3/06
    Disneyland Paris 9/07
    Swan 9/08, 6/10
    BLT @ the CR, 9/09, 12/10 - Daddy-Daughter Trip

    Disney-Like: Atlantis - Paradise Island 3/01, 3/02, 9/03, 9/05, 3/07, 4/08, 3/09, 4/10, and 3/11

  15. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    St. Augustine, FL
    Posts
    3,789
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    With the fees, when comparing rates at the Swalphin, add $20-$22/night, if you are driving. That covers the parking fee and the resort fee. Of course if you fly, and you always pay for internet at Disney owned resorts, it's about even....

    Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're NOT out to get you!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

 
Company
Advertising
Guest Relations
Community
Discussion Boards
Podcast
Newsletter
Shop
Social
Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube
Pinterest
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Enter your email address below to receive our newsletter:
INTERCOT Logo PRIVACY STATEMENT / DISCLAIMER | DISCUSSION BOARD RULES
Since 1997 INTERCOT - a Levelbest Communications Website. This is not an official Disney website.
> Levelbest Network Site